Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 11:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Apparently, if you are not willing to murder your own child, you can't be trusted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 12:05 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Pleroo, God does not speak to us today directly like He did to Abraham. He speaks through His Son in the words recorded in the scriptures. God is not telling anyone to kill their child for Him today. Don't worry. That was for a specific time in history for God's purposes. What Abraham had decided to do when God spoke to him, was not twisted. Abraham was a person of faith who trusted God completely and this was the lesson that we need to learn. We also need to learn that God is to be the greatest priority in our lives, even before our children, who ultimately belong to Him anyway. Are we willing to love Him first, before all things, even our family? Are we willing to give Him our all in all? Is He our all in all? Are we willing to say, not my will Father, but Your will be done. There is nothing twisted about it. God bless.
And the bible has confirmed for you that God does not and never will communicate directly with anyone? Zero chance of it? Must be a matter of interpretation because I've heard many a bible believing Christian say that God told them to say or do this or that very specific thing. Sure hope one of them will chime in. Like the poster in this thread who said I won't have to worry about god telling me to kill anyone because I don't have enough faith to do it, or something like that, implying that there are people who do have enough faith to kill so God will tell them to do it.

Eta: The poster was CaseyMO, who said in post 115 that "currently" I'm not sure enough about God's love for God to tell me to kill my child. :/

And here's a post from another bible believer on this forum, similar to posts by many others that I've read, that says God does communicate with believers, so like I said, it seems to be a matter of interpretation. http://www.city-data.com/forum/37568468-post15.html

Last edited by Pleroo; 01-01-2015 at 12:23 AM..

Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:

Apparently, if you are not willing to murder your own child, you can't be
trusted?
Is that what you think it means, Jerwade?

??????

I don't how anyone can come to that conclusion from what I shared.

God bless.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:39 AM

Hebrews 1: 1-2, Pleroo. This is the source of my answer. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-01-2015 at 07:50 AM..

Old 01-01-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:

You are inferring from the passage which says that God spoke to people in various ways in the past and God has spoken to people through his son, that God will never directly communicate with anyone ever again. I'm not sure why you come to that conclusion from that passage, but okay. Like I said, hopefully Christians who believe God can and does communicate with people today will respond to my post. I'll post it again here...

Here's a question I just have to ask those who are willing to kill their child (or kill anyone else, for that matter) if they believe God is telling them to do so. How would you verify that it was actually God telling you to do it? You lot say that you check everything "against the scripture". And according to you, scripture says it's okay to kill your child if God says to. So ... ??? Is there some other criteria that would have to be met or would that do it for you?

Old 01-01-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Like I said, hopefully Christians who believe God can and does communicate with people today will respond to my post. I'll post it again here...

Here's a question I just have to ask those who are willing to kill their child (or kill anyone else, for that matter) if they believe God is telling them to do so. How would you verify that it was actually God telling you to do it? You lot say that you check everything "against the scripture". And according to you, scripture says it's okay to kill your child if God says to. So ... ??? Is there some other criteria that would have to be met or would that do it for you?
Moving this discussion here: "I would kill my chld" to avoid derailing this thread any further.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, if you are not willing to murder your own child, you can't be trusted?
Quote:
Is that what you think it means, Jerwade?

??????

I don't how anyone can come to that conclusion from what I shared.

God bless.
Did you miss the question mark?

Do you believe that God sent his Son to be put to death?
If you did not believe this - how could you trust God?

Apparently, religion needs its pain, suffering, and Sacrifice?

Old 01-01-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Did you miss the question mark?

No, I didn't miss it.

Quote:
Do you believe that God sent his Son to be put to death?

Yes, I do. The scriptures reveal this in Acts 2.

22 “Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man [r]attested to you by God with [s]miracles and wonders and [t]signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know— 23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of [u]godless men and put Him to death. 24 [v]But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the [w]agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held [x]in its power. 25 For David says of Him,

‘I saw the Lord always in my presence;
For He is at my right hand, so that I will not be shaken.
‘Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted;
Moreover my flesh also will live in hope;
Because You will not abandon my soul to Hades,
Nor [y]allow Your [z]Holy One to [aa]undergo decay.
‘You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of gladness with Your presence

Quote:

If you did not believe this - how could you trust God?

I am not understanding your question.

Quote:
Apparently, religion needs its pain, suffering, and Sacrifice

I believe that Christianity does involve pain, suffering, and
sacrifice. The scriptures teach this and I make no apologies for it.

God bless.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Do you believe that same son that Hebrews 1:2 is in us ?.

Don't you see Hebrews 1:2 saying i spoke to you in various ways in the past but in these last days i speak to you by the son ?.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:33 PM

To overcome sin and death, you must live beyond the confinements of Religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity