Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 02:12 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

If it was not God's plan for Jesus to be killed, then Jesus would not have referred to the Father as giving this cup to Him to drink.

"Put the sword into the sheath: the cup which the Father has given Me, shall I not drink it?" John 18

The Father gave Jesus this cup to drink. It was the Father's plan.

The scriptures had to be fulfilled. We also have:

"44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things." Luke 24

God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 02:16 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
If it was not God's plan for Jesus to be killed, then Jesus would not have referred to the Father as giving this cup to Him to drink.
Sure he would, if God knew that that was how people would react. He sent Jesus, knowing how people would react.

Quote:
"Put the sword into the sheath: the cup which the Father has given Me, shall I not drink it?" John 18

The Father gave Jesus this cup to drink. It was the Father's plan.

The scriptures had to be fulfilled. We also have:

"44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things." Luke 24

God bless
I already addressed that passage. Just because it was written about, just because God knew what would happen, doesn't mean that God needed/wanted/planned for people to kill him.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:

No, it tells us, if anything, that God knew it would happen. To say more is
to read into it what you are expecting to see there.

Well, as I shared, I believe that God knows all things and that He planned for this to happen. Again, the prophesies had to be fulfilled and Jesus was the lamb slain from the foundation or disruption of the world. Jesus Himself described what was going to happen to Him as the Father's cup. This is as clear as can be

Quote:

The fact that causing people to kill others is evil and a sin is )
a contradiction to very God's nature tells us that God didn't do any such thing.
You don't have to understand ALL God's ways. You just have to understand that
the bible tells you that God is good, and God is light and in him there is no
shifting shadow, and it is the ENEMY that comes to kill and destroy, not God,
and God tempts no one to do evil, and... Well, you get the point
God is good and what He purposed in the death of Jesus was good. It is good for all of us because it is through His death, that we are reconciled to God. Jesus was the lamb slain for us. So it is good, all that happened ultimately resulted in good.

God bless.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:22 PM

My belief is that all is out of God.

If God, the Creator, brings something into existence knowing full well what will happen, He caused it to happen.

God bless.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Well, as I shared, I believe that God knows all things and that He planned for this to happen. Again, the prophesies had to be fulfilled and Jesus was the lamb slain from the foundation or disruption of the world. Jesus Himself described what was going to happen to Him as the Father's cup. This is as clear as can be
Yes, that's my point. This, your belief, is what you are reading into all the passages that you have so far shared. It's not what the passages are saying, but what you assume they mean based on what you believe. Which is all fine and good, except that what you believe about God planning for people to do evil is contradictory to who God is, and more importantly to you perhaps, we know it is contrary based on things that are recorded in the bible.

Quote:
God is good and what He purposed in the death of Jesus was good. It is good for all of us because it is through His death, that we are reconciled to God. Jesus was the lamb slain for us. So it is good, all that happened ultimately resulted in good.
A house divided cannot stand. If God can call evil good, then God is in conflict with God's very own nature.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
My belief is that all is out of God.

If God, the Creator, brings something into existence knowing full well what will happen, He caused it to happen.

God bless.
You're backing up the goal posts here. This is a different statement then saying God planned/caused people to kill Jesus because it served some purpose of God's.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:32 PM

Rev. 5 tell us about the lamb that was slain.

"
“Worthy are you to receive the scroll
and to break open its seals,
for you were slain and with your blood you purchased for God
those from every tribe and tongue, people and nation.
You made them a kingdom and priests for our God,
and they will reign on earth

God is not divided. He is able to use evil for good because ultimately He is good. Again, the death of Jesus was horrible. What was done to Him was cruel but it was God's will for Him. He planned it from the beginning if He was the lamb that was slain from the foundation or disruption of the world. It resulted in the reconciliation of all to God. It had a purpose, as cruel as it was, and Jesus submitted to it. God bless.

"

Old 01-03-2015, 02:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, that's my point. This, your belief, is what you are reading into all the passages that you have so far shared. It's not what the passages are saying, but what you assume they mean based on what you believe. Which is all fine and good, except that what you believe about God planning for people to do evil is contradictory to who God is, and more importantly to you perhaps, we know it is contrary based on things that are recorded in the bible.

A house divided cannot stand. If God can call evil good, then God is in conflict with God's very own nature.
Are you saying Jesus was evil? God showed us where the evil was in us none are without sin. So the teacher is evil now. In revelation one third of the stars were swept up by the Dragons tail. And that one third is among us. And Jesus says if we beleive on him we shall inherit a crown of incorruption. It is God that gives increase.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Rev. 5 tell us about the lamb that was slain.

"
“Worthy are you to receive the scroll
and to break open its seals,
for you were slain and with your blood you purchased for God
those from every tribe and tongue, people and nation.
You made them a kingdom and priests for our God,
and they will reign on earth

Well, there's all kinds of ways to understand this highly symbolic book/vision. But you can keep pulling out passages that you think indicate that God CAUSED people to do something evil, and I will keep drawing your attention back to all the things in the bible that that contradicts.

Quote:
God is not divided. He is able to use evil for good because ultimately He is good. Again, the death of Jesus was horrible. What was done to Him was cruel but it was God's will for Him. He planned it from the beginning if He was the lamb that was slain from the foundation or disruption of the world. It resulted in the reconciliation of all to God. It had a purpose, as cruel as it was, and Jesus submitted to it. God bless.

"
Able to USE evil that humanity has committed, is not the same as CAUSING it. Lemonade out of some truly horrific lemons, so to speak.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Are you saying Jesus was evil? God showed us where the evil was in us none are without sin. So the teacher is evil now. In revelation one third of the stars were swept up by the Dragons tail. And that one third is among us. And Jesus says if we beleive on him we shall inherit a crown of incorruption. It is God that gives increase.
Uh... what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity