Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 03:49 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,408,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The wrath is what unbelievers will endure.

It was done out of love as Romans 5:8 states. Otherwise, no one would be saved from His wrath to come.

Okay, but I didn't need further clarification of that view. I'm very familiar with it. Since Shana's view is different, I'm asking her to explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 03:58 PM

45,641 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Okay, but I didn't need further clarification of that view. I'm very familiar with it. Since Shana's view is different, I'm asking her to explain.
You responded to my post. You believe I am saying that the reason Christ was sent to die (and be raised - don't forget that) was to appease His wrath.

The Bible does not say that. It is because of His love that Christ was sent as Romans 5:8 states.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
"What does it mean when the Bible says the kingdom of God is within you?
It means exactly what it says. Our ignorant ancestors had no concept of consciousness so that was as close as they could come to understanding it. The Holy Spirit (Comforter) is within ALL human consciousness because Christ's human consciousness was "born again" as Spirit. Christ abides with us. We do not have to brown nose Him for anything. We are free to ignore His guidance . . . and too many do . . . but it is available to all so we have no excuse.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 PM

698 posts, read 798,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
None of us have all the truth, no matter how much we think we do, when we discover the locality of the kingdom and how to access it, we find out the truth that there is no end to discovering the wonder of all that God truly is and all that he's given us.
You asked me a bunch of exaggerated crazy questions worded as conclusions, then made a promise you would get me some information that never came.

I am still waiting...

Old 01-05-2015, 07:30 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
You asked me a bunch of exaggerated crazy questions worded as conclusions, then made a promise you would get me some information that never came.

I am still waiting...
I asked you to admit that you do not know yourself........you didn't i am still waiting. Admit it and i will show you by scripture where evil comes from. You just made some rant about the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Do you believe God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden to tempt you to be evil?.

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone. But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

So we know God did not put that tree there to tempt us to do evil

Old 01-05-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Let me guess, God created you evil, caused you to be evil, made you choose evil, sent a serpent to deceive you into becoming evil ? am i getting warm ?.
Caligal are these the crazy questions you are referring to?.A lot of christians actually would say yes to all the above.......are they crazy ?

Old 01-05-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I asked you to admit that you do not know yourself........you didn't i am still waiting. Admit it and i will show you by scripture where evil comes from. You just made some rant about the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Do you believe God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden to tempt you to be evil?.

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone. But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

So we know God did not put that tree there to tempt us to do evil
I just want to stick to the topic, not be asked even more questions when the first one hasn't been addressed. And your conditions, well I also don't want to play games, just discuss so nevermind.
You're not serious then, just yanking chains for fun here

Old 01-05-2015, 08:17 PM

You asked a question about evil, what have I said off topic to you? The truth is you don't know yourself but are set on challenging me.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:23 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,938,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
Show me where this is untrue and I will be happy to study this

Because as it is, the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden I've re-read and studied.

And that is EXACTY what takes place. God uses humans to unleash this evil on mankind. You understand how the sin nature works? How it is what damns us, it is the reason we grow old on earth and die. previously Adam and Eve were expected to live forever, until that one day they ate what they shouldn't have. They sinned against god by disobeying him and listening to the Snake. And before the Foundation of the World, the lamb was created to atone for sin

It never states anything except that EVIL is the TREE in the middle of the garden in the form of knowledge. I could care less what form it takes.
And they ate of the tree.

SO they were used as instruments to damn humankind. Cause they certainly didn't have the power to make this sin nature dwindle down to future generations themselves, they are not powerful enough to create evil nor cause it to form as a contageous disease of sorts.

Why? We know Christ the Savior come to redeem the evil which was placed into the garden, and somehow was unleashed upon humankind.
So you're saying God's whole purpose in creating humans is to unleash wrath on them?
What are you talking about? I've read your post several times now and I am really unsure of what you are saying.

You say: "they certainly didn't have the power to make this sin nature dwindle down to future generations themselves, they are not powerful enough to create evil.." ??

What is that supposed to mean?

Last edited by .sparrow.; 01-06-2015 at 12:55 AM..

Old 01-06-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
So you're saying God's whole purpose in creating humans is to unleash wrath on them?
What are you talking about? I've read your post several times now and I am really unsure of what you are saying.

You say: "they certainly didn't have the power to make this sin nature dwindle down to future generations themselves, they are not powerful enough to create evil.." ??

What is that supposed to mean?
You've changed my words a bit here giving one of my sentences some kind of motive or conclusion

I stated God uses humans to unleash his wrath via the sin nature being passed down..I never stated anything about humans being created for this purpose. I've not read that in those verses, I just summed up the verses of what happened.

Adam and Eve are not powerful enough to create any circumstance which resulted in sin being passed down to to their generations, they just aren't. They aren't Gods.

They aren't powerful enough to place a forbidden tree with forbidden fruit in the middle of a garden, they just aren't.

Nor are they powerful enough to do so, title the tree with the word evil (the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) and unleash this evil onto mankind due to disobedience. It's the first reference of evil in scripture, IS the tree.

II don't overly concern myself with it, because I have faith that much will be revealed to me that will eventually create a whole picture Praying for guidance and so far has served me well. Along with study, that is all a person can do.

Last edited by CaliforniaGal1; 01-06-2015 at 01:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity