Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 01:21 AM

698 posts, read 798,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You asked a question about evil, what have I said off topic to you? The truth is you don't know yourself but are set on challenging me.
Ok Ok you are not a Christian obviously but I forgive you for the false accusation. You need to get on your knees and pray, because scripture shouldn't offend you so much to cause you to lash out and lie. All I asked is for you to fulfill your promise to me earlier by giving me the information (scripture I assumed but now..well who knows your truth) to those sentences I asked you about.

First it was...I didn't meet your condition, now suddenly I am challenging you. Goodness sakes listen to yourself. You're not that important.

I don't even know you nor have posted to you in any other thread of topic.

Maybe call a Bible Believing Church and ask one of the Pastors to walk you through salvation. Pray and if you aren't ready, request a bible study maybe. Scripture offends unbelievers, not believers

I can sure use a bible study myself!

Last edited by CaliforniaGal1; 01-06-2015 at 01:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 01:51 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
You've changed my words a bit here giving one of my sentences some kind of motive or conclusion

I stated God uses humans to unleash his wrath via the sin nature being passed down..I never stated anything about humans being created for this purpose. I've not read that in those verses, I just summed up the verses of what happened.

Adam and Eve are not powerful enough to create any circumstance which resulted in sin being passed down to to their generations, they just aren't. They aren't Gods.

They aren't powerful enough to place a forbidden tree with forbidden fruit in the middle of a garden, they just aren't.

Nor are they powerful enough to do so, title the tree with the word evil (the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) and unleash this evil onto mankind due to disobedience. It's the first reference of evil in scripture, IS the tree.

II don't overly concern myself with it, because I have faith that much will be revealed to me that will eventually create a whole picture Praying for guidance and so far has served me well. Along with study, that is all a person can do.

To the bold: I agree.

As for the rest of your post, I honestly am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say, so I will just leave it at that and not prod further. Perhaps, as discussions continue or in other topics, I will start to understand your perspective.

Peace to you on your journey,
sparrow

Old 01-06-2015, 03:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Many of you say that means God needed to have his wrath appeased by Jesus as a blood sacrifice (I assume you agree). Shana doesn't agree, apparently, so I'm curious what her take is.
Shana, and many other posters explained their views on that issue on the thread below. Shana agreed. Jesus death was a planned by God.

What was the purpose of Jesus death?

Most universalists believe His death was a tragedy, an accident, so in that sense Shana is a different universalist.

PS. The "appease his wrath" are your words, although you claim many others have said them.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-06-2015 at 03:24 AM..

Old 01-06-2015, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Notes:

"What does it mean when the Bible says the kingdom of God is within you?

The mind sciences and many “new age†type religions and beliefs use this Scripture to say that everyone has God within them. “The kingdom of God is within you,†is interpreted as all of God's power and truth are built into you.
The word “within in the Greek is “entos,†which is accurately translated “in the midst ofâ€. So it really should be understood as Jesus saying the Kingdom of God is within your midst, or among you. In other words, wherever Jesus is, it accompanies him. What it does NOT mean is that it resides in everyone.."

kingdom of God is within you

God bless.
Very true.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Shana, and many other posters explained their views on that issue on the thread below. Shana agreed. Jesus death was a planned by God.

What was the purpose of Jesus death?

PS. The "appease his wrath" are your words, although you claim many others have said them.
So you do not believe you are saved from the wrath of God ?. Ps, Shana as explained universal reconciliation many times too but you have rejected it. So if she is right about what you are agreeing to, why is she wrong about UR?. Shana believes we are saved from the wrath of God.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-06-2015 at 03:53 AM..

Old 01-06-2015, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Ok Ok you are not a Christian obviously but I forgive you for the false accusation. You need to get on your knees and pray, because scripture shouldn't offend you so much to cause you to lash out and lie. All I asked is for you to fulfill your promise to me earlier by giving me the information (scripture I assumed but now..well who knows your truth) to those sentences I asked you about.

First it was...I didn't meet your condition, now suddenly I am challenging you. Goodness sakes listen to yourself. You're not that important.

I don't even know you nor have posted to you in any other thread of topic.

Maybe call a Bible Believing Church and ask one of the Pastors to walk you through salvation. Pray and if you aren't ready, request a bible study maybe. Scripture offends unbelievers, not believers

I can sure use a bible study myself!
What is the false accusation that i have made ? I asked you to admit to know that you did not know where evil came from and i would tell you, you didn't. That is why you are still waiting for an answer from me, even though i did give you an answer which you have not seen yet. See below.

Quote:
Then how did evil come into existance? The first mention of it IS the tree. Who created the tree? Was it mankind or GOD?

So people could not have created evil, it was a part of a tree that God created remember? God used people as instruments to unleash his wrath upon humankind imho. The Tree did not, and could not, have just blown up on it's own causing sin to go into the air then breathed by Adam and Even and passed down. It didn't happen that way
This is what you asked me. I said i would show you by the scriptures where evil came from if you admitted that you did not know. You don't know and are not willing to admit it.

Quote:
Ok yes please do show me. I will study it's creation.

Here it is again..then how did evil come into existance? The first mention of it IS the tree. Who created the tree? Was it mankind or GOD?
There is no admitting that you did not know here, yet you have at least twice falsely accused of not being a christian. Upon what grounds are you making those accusations ?.

Quote:

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone. But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

So we know God did not put that tree there to tempt us to do evil

Last edited by pcamps; 01-06-2015 at 03:55 AM..

Old 01-06-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
So you do not believe you are saved from the wrath of God?
So, you really think you can fly if you flap your arms?

Quote:
So if she is right about what you are agreeing to, why is she wrong about UR?.
She is right about some things, and wrong about some things I agree with her about the fact the Jesus death was God's plan, but why should that mean I must agree with everything else she says?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
So, you really think you can fly if you flap your arms?

She is right about some things, and wrong about some things
Yes. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint

But you are not right on some things and wrong about some things. I know that i am.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
But you are not right on some things and wrong about some things. I know that i am.
Can you list some things you are wrong about?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Can you list some things you are wrong about?
Lol. i take this as you saying you are not wrong about anything. Let me just say this to you, there wasn't much that i have been right about and i am still learning.

By thinking quoting the scriptures to you means you are right. Scripture needs to be understood not quoted word from word, them pharisee boys could run circles around you playing that game, and Jesus continually rebuked them for their lack of knowledge/understanding of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity