Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 01:53 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Okay, that's more understandable.

Maybe it is because evolution keeps shifting its position every five or so years. It is kind of like the shell game where they keep moving the shells with one marble under one of them and ask "is it here?"

Shifting positions: let us see how often that is

1859 On the Origin of Species through Natural Selection Charles Darwin

Can't think of the next one

If you are talking about fine tuning it by adding new found fossils and that puncuated equilibrum may be more important than a more gradual mechanism. This is exactly how ALL science works. There have been shifts on what creationist latch onto and attack. If you supporters of Creationism would spend a fraction of the time reading to understand what evolution actually says and how science works instead of reading the rubbish that is Creationsim (and I have read enough to say it is at best amateurish and at worse downright dishonest) than at least you would not make such incorrect statemenst.

I do not care if you accept evolution or not but at least attack evolution for what it is not what a bunch of other people say it is. At least that would be honest. Science including physics, chemisty, geology, biology, health and agricutural are always changing. If you do not like change then stay away from science. The single and only reason that you attack the changing nature of evolution is you oppose it on religious grounds. Evolution is just another theory or discipline within science and everything of how it works is the same as the rest of sciences.

Once again a false accusation about evolution to add to the mulitides of false claims you have made in other posts. Seems like a pattern. You do not like evolution and wish to not disprove it as you neither have the background nor the means but you wish to discredit it through falsehoods. Have fun. Be silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 01:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
The title of this thread is:

Is it possible for a Christian to accept evolution?

A real Christian will not accept it because it is another teaching
of Satanism ... taught by Satan the Devil the father of all lies ! ! !

For "A real Christian" substitute: "an uneducated, naive person."

Old 02-03-2015, 01:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Shifting positions: let us see how often that is

1859 On the Origin of Species through Natural Selection Charles Darwin
Can't think of the next one

If you are talking about fine tuning it by adding new found fossils and that puncuated equilibrum may be more important than a more gradual mechanism. This is exactly how ALL science works. There have been shifts on what creationist latch onto and attack. If you supporters of Creationism would spend a fraction of the time reading to understand what evolution actually says and how science works instead of reading the rubbish that is Creationsim (and I have read enough to say it is at best amateurish and at worse downright dishonest) than at least you would not make such incorrect statemenst.

I do not care if you accept evolution or not but at least attack evolution for what it is not what a bunch of other people say it is. At least that would be honest. Science including physics, chemisty, geology, biology, health and agricutural are always changing. If you do not like change then stay away from science. The single and only reason that you attack the changing nature of evolution is you oppose it on religious grounds. Evolution is just another theory or discipline within science and everything of how it works is the same as the rest of sciences.

Once again a false accusation about evolution to add to the mulitides of false claims you have made in other posts. Seems like a pattern. You do not like evolution and wish to not disprove it as you neither have the background nor the means but you wish to discredit it through falsehoods. Have fun. Be silly.
Okay, well you enjoy your shell game and I'll have fun and be silly.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:07 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Okay, well you enjoy your shell game and I'll have fun and be silly.

Sounds good to me. I like shell pasta with Alferdo sauce, Shell Gas gives Air Miles and shells are pretty to look at.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:

Actually, it isn't necessary for Satan to deceive unbelievers. It's only necessary to deceive believers. The easiest way to do that is provide them with some fantastic story of men made from dirt that they WANT to be true.

It's easier that way to keep them focused on fables rather than on the going about and serving the poor, destitute, disadvantaged and hungry that Christ required of His followers.

And, oh boy, are they focused on the fables. It's a lot easier than taking care of their neighbors. If you have the right belief about fables, then taking care of your neighbor can be ignored or at least pushed into a secondary role that can be considered "nice," but unnecessary.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Actually, it isn't necessary for Satan to deceive unbelievers. It's only necessary to deceive believers. The easiest way to do that is provide them with some fantastic story of men made from dirt that they WANT to be true.

It's easier that way to keep them focused on fables rather than on the going about and serving the poor, destitute, disadvantaged and hungry that Christ required of His followers.

And, oh boy, are they focused on the fables. It's a lot easier than taking care of their neighbors. If you have the right belief about fables, then taking care of your neighbor can be ignored or at least pushed into a secondary role that can be considered "nice," but unnecessary.
Yea, I'm sure evolutionists are much much better at serving the poor, destitute, disadvantaged and hungry.

What is interesting is you stated Christ REQUIRED His followers to "serve the poor, destitute, disadvantaged and hungry." Where in the Bible did He require that of His followers? Or is that just another fable you like foisting on people?

I think evolutionists are more fable centric than creationists.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Sounds good to me. I like shell pasta with Alferdo sauce, Shell Gas gives Air Miles and shells are pretty to look at.
I have a riding mower.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:07 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It's funny because Satan's first deception is still the most common one he uses even today. He simply asks people, 'Did God really...?' He places doubt on truth. So people today ask:

Did God really create Adam from dirt?
Did God really create the Universe in seven days?
Did Jesus really change water into wine?
Did Jesus really raise Himself from the dead?

Some of the folks on this forum ask the same questions Satan first said in the Garden. We know the truth, but some choose to place their faith in humans rather than stand with the God of the Universe.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:50 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

LOL.

The Bible is not against evolution, it teaches evolution.

The Spanish Inquisition was something of this nature, I believe in Christ and Evolution, so am I of Satan now?

LOL.

Don't answer.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:51 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Yea, I'm sure evolutionists are much much better at serving the poor, destitute, disadvantaged and hungry.

What is interesting is you stated Christ REQUIRED His followers to "serve the poor, destitute, disadvantaged and hungry." Where in the Bible did He require that of His followers? Or is that just another fable you like foisting on people?

I think evolutionists are more fable centric than creationists.
He didn't require it of unbelievers. He told a story about their final destination:

Quote:
Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Matt 25:41-46

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?" (I John 3:17)

But its okay--you can tell God that your purity lies in the fact that you believed literally in the Genesis creation fable!

And to tell about who was a neighbor, Jesus illustrated using a Samaritan who stopped to help someone. He absolutely rejected the priest and the Levite, both bible believing literalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity