Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 06:23 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There IS only ONE God, Freak.
And it's yours.

Is "God" just a person's ego?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 06:36 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There IS only ONE God, Freak.
Crom, of course!

-NoCapo

Old 01-23-2015, 07:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Maybe there are gods, and they threw a kegger. All of the stars and planets are just scattered confetti and we are bacteria growing on a discarded potato chip.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
But, but what about life that is not like ours?

Oops, no evidence of such life at all, just speculation. The sand Evolution is built on.
But, but what about God?

Oops, no evidence of such a God at all, just speculation. The sand Faith is built on.

See, I can do that too .

Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
So what's the rest of the universe for? Is there is a God, it would appear we are a negligible part of the plan.
The Principle | In Selected Theatrical Outlets Now!

Old 01-23-2015, 09:41 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
But, but what about God?

Oops, no evidence of such a God at all, just speculation. The sand Faith is built on.

See, I can do that too .
The double standard is truly amazing isn't it?

"I refuse to accept evolution because the evidence is not 100%, but I believe in God based faith.*"

*backed up with nothing but cherry-picked passages from ancient texts and/or personal experience.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:41 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The double standard is truly amazing isn't it?

"I refuse to accept evolution because the evidence is not 100%, but I believe in God based faith.*"

*backed up with nothing but cherry-picked passages from ancient texts and/or personal experience.
That's the point, we acknowledge that it's faith for what we believe, evolutionists believe it's fact for what they believe.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:30 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Quote:
Following the release of the film's trailer, narrator Kate Mulgrew said that she was misinformed as to the purpose of the documentary.[8][9] Max Tegmark claims that DeLano "cleverly tricked a whole bunch of us scientists into thinking that they were independent filmmakers doing an ordinary cosmology documentary, without mentioning anything about their hidden agenda."[10] George Ellis has said that "I was interviewed for it but they did not disclose this agenda, which of course is nonsense. I don't think it's worth responding to -- it just gives them publicity. To ignore is the best policy. But for the record, I totally disavow that silly agenda."[10] Michio Kaku said that the film was likely "clever editing" of his statements and bordered on "intellectual dishonesty"[3] and Lawrence Krauss said he had no recollection of being interviewed for the film and would have refused to be in it if he had known more about it.[11][12] Julian Barbour claims he never gave permission to be in the film.[13]
The Principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In other words, the movie deliberately misrepresents what the people interviewed really said. The people who made the movie lied.

Many years back, I was involved in doing some work for NASA concerning planning planetary mission trajectories. If the Earth were the center of the universe none of the missions would have succeeded. The motional and gravitational factors would have been radically wrong. And it still would not explain what the rest of the universe is for.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
That's the point, we acknowledge that it's faith for what we believe, evolutionists believe it's fact for what they believe.
Maybe that's because they can actually back it up with proof .

Old 01-23-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
In other words, the movie deliberately misrepresents what the people interviewed really said. The people who made the movie lied.

Many years back, I was involved in doing some work for NASA concerning planning planetary mission trajectories. If the Earth were the center of the universe none of the missions would have succeeded. The motional and gravitational factors would have been radically wrong. And it still would not explain what the rest of the universe is for.
That's very common with creationist supporters. They usually "cherry pick" articles to use in trying to prove their points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity