Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:41 PM

322 posts, read 243,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Sorry but this is plain silly. Evolution does not question if life exists, that seems like a philosophy question not a science one.

Evolution goes not concern on how life began, neither does geology, physics, ecology, literature or car safety.
But evolution believe life exist. It is a theory based on the fact that life began. How can anything evolve that does not exist. It is an obvious fact that must be accepted before you can theorize about what happened since then. No life means evolution is impossible so evolution accepts the fact that life exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
I never said evolution had to deal with how life started but the fact that it did start is a given and proof that creation is an absolute fact. Life was created by and/or from something. That you cannot deny. Evolution accepts that fact, that life did start because it is an idea of what has happened since that known and accepted event in which it exist itself. Without creation there is no evolution or the possibility of it. So from a a scientific point of view we can all agree on the fact that creation happened;ie: life came to be.
I suppose the above might make sense to someone but I ain't one of them.

Of course life "came to be." And nobody knows how that happened, although there are suppositions and hypotheses - including a God did it.

Evolution describes what happened after life began. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I suppose the above might make sense to someone but I ain't one of them.

Of course life "came to be." And nobody knows how that happened, although there are suppositions and hypotheses - including a God did it.

Evolution describes what happened after life began. Nothing more, nothing less.
See you even have to admit it to state what evolution describes.

We don't need to explain how or why to all agree that it happened. We should all be able to accept that live was created and had a beginning. Otherwise we are not here and cannot discuss this.

What is baffling is why so much resistance to agreeing that life began and for evolution to happen it must accept that fact to begin with.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT897 View Post
See you even have to admit it to state what evolution describes.

We don't need to explain how or why to all agree that it happened. We should all be able to accept that live was created and had a beginning. Otherwise we are not here and cannot discuss this.

What is baffling is why so much resistance to agreeing that life began and for evolution to happen it must accept that fact to begin with.
LOL!

I give up.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:56 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
For the 7,389th time (approximately): The Theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the creation of life and everything to do with how life evolved after it began.

Fundavangelists keep trying to toss red herrings like this around. But all you're doing is embarrassing your side.
And for the 7, 340th time (exactly), where evolution starts still points to an issue of what created it. I'm not suggesting that the two are comparable, I am stating that evolution doesn't have a proven starting point and that's where it becomes a belief based on faith, just like creationism.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:06 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
And for the 7, 340th time (exactly), where evolution starts still points to an issue of what created it. I'm not suggesting that the two are comparable, I am stating that evolution doesn't have a proven starting point and that's where it becomes a belief based on faith, just like creationism.
For the 7,340th time:

Old 01-25-2015, 05:06 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
Are you saying that life could not start without divine intervention? Why do you have faith in that assumption? Is this the same God who made the universe? Did he not do it right the first time so that he had to go futz around later to get it to come out right? Or was life an afterthought? Looking at the universe it does seem that way.
No I believe that life started with God, I just don't think there is anything to prove that he is the author of evolution as some have suggested, nor do I believe it's something that should be presented as a fact.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I can't even get one to admit that life started. It's so easy to expose these guy's.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:20 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,837 times
Quote:
No I believe that life started with God, I just don't think there is anything to prove that he is the author of evolution as some have suggested, nor do I believe it's something that should be presented as a fact.
I said nothing about evolution. I was talking about the origin of life. If the laws of the universe could not generate life and God had to do it by a special intervention, why did God NOT make a universe that would naturally yield life? Did God screw up the first time and have to patch things up later? Did he change his mind?

Isn't it more reasonable to say that generating life is a natural consequence of the way the universe is put together? It would seem to make for a less problematic picture of God if you choose to believe in God.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:26 PM

What really bothers me is they vote and pass their hideous ideology on to their children.

But the fact of the matter is, the Fundamentalist movement is a very much a junior sub-sect of Christianity. One of the late additions to the 30,000+ denominations which cram themselves under the Christian umbrella.

They're loud but they merit barely a ripple in the pool of Christian history. And their ripple will quickly die away as the net - and by extension, real knowledge - becomes universally available.

Two generations, tops.

Even Faux News will have to change to reflect a semblance of reality.

My sole regret is I won't live to see the day.

But my sons might!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity