Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,743 times

Advertisements

demon/ghosts are real they are among us ,tempt us ,but as we do as the bible says "resist the devil and he will flee." we will be just fine. here's a little NOT TO DO'S when confronting a ghost or demon,don't talk to it,that will only make it stronger,if your young in the faith,don't try and cast it out, WHEN it gets mad it will follow you and try and hurt you,DON'T EVER EVER EVER TRY AND FIGHT IT ON YOUR OWN,that's the job of an experienced person who has years of training,DO pray everyday,read the bible,the stronger you are in the faith,the more it will fear you and leave you alone (when you call the name of GOD to help you) REMEMBER TO PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD DAILY! and if you do fall, ask for forgivness,GOD knows we're only human after all ,go in peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,165 times
Corking, you say you have tried everything, but have you done fasting?
Jesus said there is a kind of demon that absolutely will not leave, except by prayer and fasting. Here's the supporting scripture:
Matthew 17:
14And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Why? Nobody knows...we aren't told why. Maybe it is stronger or something. But, at least we are given the secret to getting rid of them:....we fast. And we pray. Fast AND pray...

Bud

Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM

167 posts, read 396,296 times
All my demons were about "giving up to satan" and mind control. I started off with a demon named Asad in late 2003. He destroyed a few things of mine including a boom box that wasn't even two years old. Because of my enjoyment of viewing Bob Larson and devoting myself to positive people, he left before fall 2005.
Then, another demon named Xander took over not that much later. He bugged me about "being cool" and watching "teen dramas." He started off as a teaser but started to get really impatient and destructive last year. He destroyed a lot of things. See my thread on this foum called Out of Control demon.
I finally got rid of him last Friday. His powers were "fading." I now have two newer demons as of today. Both have been nasty right from the start. One of them is named Jack. He identifies himself as a cop from LAPD and tries to sound tough. Like many stuck up, right wing, conservative Republicans, he's total jerk. He watches my every move and can read thoughts.
The other demon is younger and also poses as a cop. He always says in that nasal, whining voice of his that I am "going down."

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
people spend so much time denying evil, its all around them and can be plainly seen by its effect. they get dull to it except the older folks.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:59 AM

589 posts, read 1,559,869 times
Don't invite demons into your life and home by avoiding anything to do with the occult... such as astrology, reading horoscope, going to fortune tellers, playing the ouija board, tarot cards, celebrating Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. When you feel they are near... pray and call out the name of Jesus Christ... that will give them the shivers.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
Do you believe they can appear in some form etc....

I mean my mother step mom one day was coming down the stairs she told me this story that happen to her before me born.

she saw this black shadow thing holdering a hatchet.

She scream Jesus and the thing ran right through the door I mean the door did not open she saw it run through it.

Jesus came to her call.

Does anyone else have storyies about how jesus came to your call when satan in anyway try to attack?
Well, I have not seen a demon, but I have felt an evil presence. I felt something that was trying to hold me down, but I just called on Jesus and it let me go.

One of my church members told me that they say a demon in their house outside of the bathroom. They saw a dark form. SHe prayed and it went away. They also say a demon outside of their house.

So, yes I do believe that a demon can take on a form.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:12 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times
I like this thread. It does bring glory to God does'nt it? To each their own individual experience, as real to them, as ours are, to us. They are real, and do exist, but like everyone have stated quite eloquently I might add, call on the name of Jesus Christ, for there is NO other name by which you can be saved! Blessings to you all. Fight the good fight my brothers and sisters in Christ! It will all make sense soon.

Love and peace.........Betsey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity