Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:26 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
By God, through his chosen penmen.
How did those councils know who these chosen penmen were? They don't even know who actually wrote many of the books credited to these chosen penmen. Do you have any knowledge of Bible scholarship at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 01:00 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
I think it's obvious human beings created it. If God created it he sure did a half assed job.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Amen!

Looking at the promises made to God's children and to Israel being fulfilled is proof for me. The middle east is in turmoil while Israel remains peaceful within it's borders and that's a huge testimony to me.
You do watch the news right?

Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo2 View Post
Do you believe the Bible was authored by God or man?
Man, of course.

Quote:
What is your evidence?
The primitive, erroneous "information" contained therein could only have come from uneducated, ignorant human minds.

Quote:
Do you believe that everything written in the Bible really happened?
No way, Jose.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How did those councils know who these chosen penmen were? They don't even know who actually wrote many of the books credited to these chosen penmen. Do you have any knowledge of Bible scholarship at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I think it's obvious human beings created it. If God created it he sure did a half assed job.
Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The primitive, erroneous "information" contained therein could only have come from uneducated, ignorant human minds.
No way, Jose.
I really have a difficult time understanding how otherwise intelligent and educated people can possibly compartmentalize their minds about these obviously ridiculous assumptions in the face of the extant evidence.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:53 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,622,404 times
Quote:
Amen!
I really have a difficult time understanding how otherwise intelligent and educated people can possibly compartmentalize their minds about these obviously ridiculous assumptions in the face of the extant evidence.
It becomes the choice of ignorance.

If God says, "Today the sky is blue."
I will not question my lying eyes telling me the sky is grey, and cloudy.

If I disagree and say, "But God, the sky is grey and cloudy." God will be angry. It might even put God in a killing mood. Don't make God angry or else.

Me? I have no problem calling God on his sh++. Meeting that God? I would have my hand on his earlobe in a heartbeat.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 02-22-2015 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 02-22-2015, 08:31 PM

33,308 posts, read 26,506,892 times
The Bible is the Word of God. For example, in the Book of Revelation John states right at the beginning in Revelation 1:1-3,
Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2] who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3] Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
The Revelation was given by God the Father to Jesus Christ who communicated it to John who then recorded it in writing. The Revelation is the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. The other Books of the Bible are no less the Word of God than is the Book of Revelation which John tells us is God's communicated Word.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Man, of course.
No way, Jose.
Quote:
Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Bible is the Word of God. For example, in the Book of Revelation John states right at the beginning in Revelation 1:1-3,
Rev. 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2] who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3] Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
The Revelation was given by God the Father to Jesus Christ who communicated it to John who then recorded it in writing. The Revelation is the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. The other Books of the Bible are no less the Word of God than is the Book of Revelation which John tells us is God's communicated Word.
Even IF I credited the self-anointed book of Revelation with some special significance to the Word of God . . . its incomprehensible and outrageously symbolic (nay, insane LSD-like ramblings) are virtually indecipherable. There is no such provenance even claimed within the other often anonymously authored "books" deemed worthy of being in the canon and deceptively assigned notable authorship. This does not even begin to address the blatant ignorance and superstitious nonsense written in it that defies logic and science. No God would ascribe His authorship to such obvious ignorance and superstition . . . let alone to the savagery and barbarity depicted there.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 02-22-2015 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 08:58 PM

33,308 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
Even IF I credited the self-anointed book of Revelation with some special significance to the Word of God . . . its incomprehensible and outrageously symbolic (nay, insane LSD-like ramblings) are virtually indecipherable. There is no such provenance even claimed within the other often anonymously authored "books" deemed worthy of being in the canon and deceptively assigned notable authorship. This does not even begin to address the blatant ignorance and superstitious nonsense written in it that defies logic and science. No God would ascribe His authorship to such obvious ignorance and superstition . . . let alone to the savagery and barbarity depicted there.
As I have told you before, the Book of Revelation is easy to understand if you understand the Old Testament. I believe John but I give no credence at all to your opinions and beliefs.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,484 times
Quote:
No matter how you fool yourself into believing that what is in the Bible comes directly from God . . . it is simply not true. Even a cursory effort at Bible scholarship would disabuse you of such a silly idea. Does the Bible CONTAIN inspirations from God? I believe it does . . . but is it the Word of God . . . No. Jesus is the Living Word of God . . . not the bible..
I absolutely agree with Mystic on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity