Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 12:53 AM

709 posts, read 378,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
People are quick to point out others supposedly faults and missteps.
For my opinion that people's want to continue live this life of lie's, serving the mammon, instead God and pretend that they are like real follower of Jesus Christ.

But if you people's serve the mammon, you can not serve the God.

24. No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (Matt 6:24)

This is a vital doctrine, so do not belittle it, but bend your heart to the honest seek of God's will, so you may find, and do not get lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 04:17 PM

3,964 posts, read 2,574,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
For my opinion that people's want to continue live this life of lie's, serving the mammon, instead God and pretend that they are like real follower of Jesus Christ.

But if you people's serve the mammon, you can not serve the God.

24. No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (Matt 6:24)

This is a vital doctrine, so do not belittle it, but bend your heart to the honest seek of God's will, so you may find, and do not get lost.
You don't know a person's heart by looking at them or judging them on actions in a moment- or in all the moments. It is not for you to judge. You can say you see certain traits that indicate such. But God is the judge of their soul. And God is the one to set them straight. You can direct people but that does not make it God's will.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
You don't know a person's heart by looking at them or judging them on actions in a moment- or in all the moments. It is not for you to judge. You can say you see certain traits that indicate such. But God is the judge of their soul. And God is the one to set them straight. You can direct people but that does not make it God's will.
I now the time, what we are living, and people's values also tell's much.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:39 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Many people's today claim to follow our Lord, but the truth is that people's follow the wealthy lifestyle, or the mammon, like the Bible says it.

Which one you are, the follower of the Christ, or the follower of mammon?

You can not serve two master.
What is your purpose in coming to this forum to start preachy, accusatory threads?

Why should anyone here answer to you? Who are YOU?

Old 03-15-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What is your purpose in coming to this forum to start preachy, accusatory threads?

Why should anyone here answer to you? Who are YOU?
I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, and it my work to preach the truth, for the people's of the last time's.

And woe for me if do something else, that speaks the truth.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, and it my work to preach the truth, for the people's of the last time's.

And woe for me if do something else, that speaks the truth.
Well, neither of those sentences make sense, but I'm guessing it's a language issue.

But seriously, do you have a point? You are posting dramatic "woe are you" messages on a forum where most people are either Christian already or not Christian but looking to argue with Christians. If you truly fancy yourself an appointed servant of Christ, I'm sure you could ask for guidance as to a more effective use of your time.

Your shouting into cyberspace is about as effective as the poster on this board who posts endless one-liner bible quotes. It's ineffective.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 03-15-2015 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-15-2015, 05:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Well, neither of those sentences make sense, but I'm guessing it's a language issue.
Think of it this way..... 75 years ago he'd have been the guy walking around wearing a sandwich board that said, "Repent. The end is near."

Old 03-15-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Think of it this way..... 75 years ago he'd have been the guy walking around wearing a sandwich board that said, "Repent. The end is near."
We were separated at birth, Dew. I was thinking similarly and almost wrote it--the people walking around on the streets shouting "the gospel" into the air.

You don't have to go back 75 years. You can find them in New York.

On 9/11, one of my Twilight Zone memories is walking on 8th Avenue near 42nd Street. On one corner, there was a man in a long black coat and sort of a top hat shouting, "Repent, for the end of the world is at hand!"

(On the next corner, a young Asian woman handed me a flyer for $2.00 off per yard at a nearby fabric store. That was even more bizarre, given what had just happened two hours earlier.)

But here...there just seem to be so many of them sometimes, and they attract atheists who want to play with them because it's so damn easy. It's rare that a good, real spiritual conversation is going on in the Christianity forum. That's why I sometimes visit that other place where I see you, too.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
We were separated at birth, Dew. ..<snip>....... I sometimes visit that other place where I see you, too.
We also share that 'rocks and trees' thing-y.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-15-2015 at 05:36 PM..

Old 03-16-2015, 02:22 AM

Quote:

But seriously, do you have a point? You are posting dramatic "woe are you" messages on a forum where most people are either Christian already or not Christian but looking to argue with Christians. If you truly fancy yourself an appointed servant of Christ, I'm sure you could ask for guidance as to a more effective use of your time.

Your shouting into cyberspace is about as effective as the poster on this board who posts endless one-liner bible quotes. It's ineffective.
You understand me clearly, but you just want to quarrel, because you hate the values what I teach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity