Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 05:20 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If your not a Christian, who the heck are you to be judging if im a good Christian or not if you dont know crap about the bible. Spare me the love one another argument, because Jesus said to keep the commandments as well, which includes no homosexual behavior.

And if you find a so called Christian church that will willingly marry 2 men, Satan is the head of that church, NOT Christ.
That MUST also include the other 613 LAWS...because the FIRST 10 do not mention any thing about homosexuality and the last TWO (the greatest commandments din not either)

So stop the shrimp eating, tattooing, blending of fabrics and start following the LAWS and accepting the consequences for failing to meet the expectation of the LAW.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:05 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What an idiotic statement.
Why is it because it calls out trolls like yourself who come to this forum and have no input about anything with Christianity, instead it's mainly to pick fights or arguments or put down Christians.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Why is it because it calls out trolls like yourself who come to this forum and have no input about anything with Christianity, instead it's mainly to pick fights or arguments or put down Christians.
As a christian, I have ONLY been put down by others who think they are christians...

Old 07-01-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That MUST also include the other 613 LAWS...because the FIRST 10 do not mention any thing about homosexuality and the last TWO (the greatest commandments din not either)

So stop the shrimp eating, tattooing, blending of fabrics and start following the LAWS and accepting the consequences for failing to meet the expectation of the LAW.
I don't eat shrimp, I don't have tattoos, and the mixing fabric does not even apply to me, so nice try.the sexual morality laws of Leviticus 18 are quite clear and are repeated all throughout the Old and New Testament, homosexuality is sexual immorality no matter how you look at it

And any other commands you wish to list, I don't try to keep them for salvation, I try my best to keep the commands of God because I am saved, and my slip up that is where the blood of Jesus covers me after repentance

Old 07-01-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I don't eat shrimp, I don't have tattoos, and the mixing fabric does not even apply to me, so nice try.the sexual morality laws of Leviticus 18 are quite clear and are repeated all throughout the Old and New Testament, homosexuality is sexual immorality no matter how you look at it

And any other commands you wish to list, I don't try to keep them for salvation, I try my best to keep the commands of God because I am saved, and my slip up that is where the blood of Jesus covers me after repentance
All your clothes are 100% the same fabric? How about bacon?

Here is the list of 613 LAWS as I am sure you are probably breaking at least 250 every day..

After all, we MUST follow ALL the commandments of the LA as Jesus said..

The blood of JESUS applies to EVERYONE, does it not?

Old 07-01-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Here is the list of 613 LAWS as I am sure you are probably breaking at least 250 every day..

Ive pretty much stopped eating bacon and pork too, since I realized Jesus never declared all food cleaned and that was just added to the bibles. As for the mixing of crops and fabrics, go read the context of that.

I completely agree the blood of Jesus covers everyone, for those who willing repent with a pure heart, but what many fail to realize is that a heterosexuals can realize that sex out side of marriage (MARRIAGE DEFINED BY GOD: MAN & WOMAN) is a sin and repent of it and do the right thing and wait until they get married to have sex. Homosexuality thinks, since God makes them that way, they dont need to repent and can have all the sex outside of marriage and its okay in the eyes of God. Even with Gay Marriage, its a marriage that is unbiblical and not recognized by God as 2 men will never be able to have children, so them getting married is still sexual immorality in the eyes of God.

We need to stop redefining the bible. What if we said we dont need to repent of our sins to Jesus, we can just repent through Mary or Paul instead, many would just go along with this new form of redefined repentance and say we are repenting, even though its not how the bible says we are to repent, but in our eyes we have repented.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
No.

Simply because it was idiotic.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No.

Simply because it was idiotic.

Oh well, you are entitled to your own opinion, and my statement cant be any worse than some of the trolling rubbish you come on here with many times and claim, you are discussing Christianity, which if anyone sees what you post, knows thats a complete lie.

Your main purpose on here most of the time, is to try to make Christians who follow the bible feel dumb about doing it, so you can feel better about the way you are living your life. Your posts aren't even, why do people believe what they believe, but more of an you're an idiot if you try to follow the bible.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:38 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:

Wow, your side just won't give up this argument when we have explained over and over that you are confusing ceremonial or cultural law with universal moral law. Homosexuality is described in the OT as something that other nations practiced and it destroyed them. Not wearing a beard, tattooes, or clothes. Only homosexuality and other forms of sexual immorality.

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people.

Lev. 18:22-29

Verse 29 is interesting as well. God considers this practice so bad that the people must be cut out like cancer. That's how damaging sexual perversion can be. It destroys societies on many levels, spreading STDS being just one of them.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Wow, your side just won't give up this argument when we have explained over and over that you are confusing ceremonial law with universal moral law. Homosexuality is described in the OT as something that other nations practiced and it destroyed them. Not wearing a beard, tattooes, or clothes. Only homosexuality and other forms of sexual immorality.

"Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people.

Lev. 18:22-29

Verse 29 is interesting as well. God considers this practice so bad that the people must be cut out like cancer. That's how damaging sexual perversion can be. It destroys societies on many levels, spreading STDS being just one of them.
CHAPTER and VERSE on those nations destroyed by homosexuality???

You cannot drag an OT law about homosexuality and APPLY it to 21st century life unless you DRAG all 613 LAWS with you.

When will the evangelical-findie STOP cherry picking and accept the fact JESUS never said a word about marriage equality or homosexuals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity