Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Understood and I grok that reasoning about social change methods. I do prefer my contacts with God to be devoid of conflict and strife, tho. Hey, I still love you, dear sister . . . no matter what.
You too, my friend. Understood.

I've attended services, including Mass, for various "causes". No conflict or strife. Just a lot of pious people gathered together. A fair number of people working for social change are pacifists who wouldn't think of raising a ruckus in church or anywhere else.

Bingo night, on the other hand.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 09:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I guess we have different ideas about the purpose of worship, nate. If it is not for us to attain a state closer to God . . . I see no purpose for it at all. YMMV.
Yes, we do. I see worship, whether formal or consciousness of God's presence in our lives as expression of that closeness rather than an attemptto attain it.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,619,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She had two choices:

1. Speak the truth
2. Lie
The truth is, the pizzeria in question doesn't even deliver, much less cater. THAT is what she could have ans should have said. Instead, she WENT OUT OF HER WAY to disparage homosexuals. That was stupid.

Quote:
Which do you think honors God more?
Not concerned with what your gawd thinks, nor does it have any bearing on our laws. If you don't like it, perhaps you should try Uganda, they have laws right up your alley.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Marriage had always been between a man and woman.
Appeal to tradition. Logical fallacy. Not to mention Unconstitutional. Sorry. You're going to be VERY disappointed come June.

If it makes you feel any better, we've had legal same sex marriage in my State for about 4 months, and if I didn't know it because the News told me, I would not have noticed. Though making you feel better is not really on my agenda, I love watching people like you lose your minds over this.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
........NEVER.......going to happen !
You're probably right about that. But 100 years from now, members of your "church" will be as common as KKK members are today.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Not concerned with what your gawd thinks, nor does it have any bearing on our laws. If you don't like it, perhaps you should try Uganda, they have laws right up your alley.
I know you don't care about what God thinks, but even you know the answer to the question, although you avoid saying it.

Lying never honors God, or people.

Unfortunately the LGBT community will not tolerate the truth, so you can only shut up or lie. That's their demand for Christians: Shut up, or lie.

Intolerant? Absolutely? Mistreatment? Definitely. Bigotry? Yep.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,259,123 times
Quote:
I know you don't care about what God thinks, but even you know the answer to the question, although you avoid saying it.

Unfortunately the LGBT community will not tolerate the truth, so you can only shut up or lie. That's their demand for Christians: Shut up, or lie.

Again, I know it s hard to hear the truth, but time and again the "demand" has been EQUALITY...the opportuntiy to do everything that everyone else has the RIGHT to do--no more, and certainly never LESS...

It becomes INTOLERANCE, MISTREATMENT and BIGOTRY when others take actions or promote actions to prevent EQUALITY from being applied to everyone..

Old 04-20-2015, 08:43 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,727,364 times
Quote:

Nope, Christians may SAY whatever they wish, but when they ACT in a discriminatory fashion they are going to be called legally for it.

Just as you Chick-fil-a Christians have a right to frequent homophobic establishments, LGBT folks, and others who stand with them can publicly DENOUNCE such operations, including Pizza establishments, for being intolerant and prideful of their Godless bigotry.

More threats have been issued from pulpits in the name of God to kill or imprison LGBT people than have ever been heard for LGBT folks about christians businesses. But we do have a right to boycott such businesses and states. Just call it our "religion."

Conveniently still ignored is my previous post of a Lesbian woman in SUPPORT of your view to discriminate and sending money to the owner of the pizzeria. I wonder when a fundamentalist will start sending money to Soulforce, the non-violent LGBT group that protests events promoting bigotry against them?

Close-minded, refusal to review facts, self-righteous, judgmental, attempting to impact the secular United States with ungodly religious views, the fundamentalist lifestyle is an ongoing attempt to dominate the lives of others while crying, "poor is me, I can't practice my religion by interfering with the rights of others."

Get over it. Find a new group to persecute. You'll never be happy without one.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:23 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,165 times
Quote:
You are admitting you will attack someone for honoring their God. Unfortunately your team also threatened to murder her for it.

Are you ready to prove I threatened anyone? Where is the proof this woman is not lying about these alleged threats other than her word? The delicate flower diesel mechanic said he was threatened, too.
All without proof.

I do not threaten. I do not lie. I act. That is the difference. I organize. I boycott. I use social media.
I have been known to make awesome signage. I use the law, and respect the law.

God does not allow my silence on this matter. She was not honoring God.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:25 AM

950 posts, read 926,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
You're probably right about that. But 100 years from now, members of your "church" will be as common as KKK members are today.
The Catholic church 100 years from now will not be performing gay marriage, will not be condoning abortion , and will certainly have 100,000 times the membership of the KKK.

your wish/desire will not come true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity