Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
First you insult, then you twist my words....tsk, tsk.
Another thing the fundamentalists don't own: Rights as citizens of the United States of America.

Move over. The LGBT community is taking its place at the table. And in the "marriage license" line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 03:49 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
Quote:
I have many brothers and sisters and the LGBT community is threatning to murder one of them. They slander and call him names and falsely accuse him of crimes he never committed. That is how you treat an enemy, it is not how you treat a brother or sister.

But the brother is happy because:

"If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you."

as I recall somewhere in your sacred book it says something about, judge not least ye be judged yourself, which to my understanding means that you don't do the judging, your God does, he also judges you. I am not a gay person I am not a member of the LGBT community, I'm an American Indian or NDN, but I know what the LGBT community is going through from the likes of Christians like you because you did the same thing to the native people of this land. We have since rejected your ways and have gone back to our own ancient beliefs and you do not have us to pick on anymore so now you seem to have found a new target for your hatred and bigotry but you will not succeed because there are too many that have learned from the past and will use it against you.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:50 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,763 times
Quote:
Since you cannot hide your disgust and anger toward Christians, the above definition fits you and the other anti-Christians here 100%.

Your anger blinds you and you cannot see I am not posting to oppose gays, I am posting to defend my Christian brothers and sisters who are under attack by people like you, and those who threaten to murder them. In this case the attackers happen to be gays, and their supporters (like you), but they could be anyone.
I have no animosity for Christians.

However I am deeply concerned by fundamentalist ideologues hijacking Christianity. They always say they are doing the work of God. I know better.

I am using my powers of good to wrest if from your grasp. Your grip of steel will not withstand the fire I bring to this issue. I am a relentless advocate for oppressed and marginalized groups.

None of us are angry. We have focus.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
as I recall somewhere in your sacred book it says something about, judge not least ye be judged yourself, which to my understanding means that you don't do the judging, your God does, he also judges you. I am not a gay person I am not a member of the LGBT community, I'm an American Indian or NDN, but I know what the LGBT community is going through from the likes of Christians like you because you did the same thing to the native people of this land. We have since rejected your ways and have gone back to our own ancient beliefs and you do not have us to pick on anymore so now you seem to have found a new target for your hatred and bigotry but you will not succeed because there are too many that have learned from the past and will use it against you.
I have judged no one unrighteously, but your judgment / slander against God loving Christians is unrighteous.

Everyone judges, but the trick is to judge righteously. Learn it!

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-12-2015 at 04:17 PM..

Old 04-12-2015, 04:09 PM

950 posts, read 926,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Another thing the fundamentalists don't own: Rights as citizens of the United States of America.

Move over. The LGBT community is taking its place at the table. And in the "marriage license" line.

..........."Move over. The LGBT community is taking its place at the table ".....

Amazing how many different gay posters use that exact phrase.

What page of Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen's manuscript did you all get that ?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:10 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,002,825 times
Quote:
That's actually not what the verse means. It is one of the most misunderstood scriptures in the Bible because people only read that first verse without reading the next one:

Matthew 7:2
Quote:
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
As believers we are to righteously judge. That is the very notion of Luke 6:44. This is how we know who are believers and who aren't (it's not just because they say they are). This is how we protect ourselves against false teachers. What we are not supposed to do is to cast judgement as in punishment. What the verse is stating is you should not be a hypocrite. If you haven't dealt with your own mess then someone will call you out in the same way that you are calling out others.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:14 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,002,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm a child of God and a Christian, I shall now consider myself blessed every time a fundamentalist denounces and attacks me for supporting the LGBT community. I'm already feeling all tingly!
It's funny because you argue against almost all the Christians on this website and most of your friends and people who you defend are not. Matthew 7:21, Luke 6:44

How can you be a part of a community that you clearly disagree with most in it?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:17 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,815,605 times
Quote:
Nations. This is goes back to the Fall of the Roman Empire

Other fundamental problems contributed to the fall. In the economically ailing west, a decrease in agricultural production led to higher food prices. The western half of the empire had a large trade deficit with the eastern half. The west purchased luxury goods from the east but had nothing to offer in exchange. To make up for the lack of money, the government began producing more coins with less silver content. This led to inflation. Finally, piracy and attacks from Germanic tribes disrupted the flow of trade, especially in the west.

The Fall of the Roman Empire [ushistory.org]

( sounds familiar)

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post

What page of Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen's manuscript did you all get that ?
Never even heard of them until you started promoting their book. Are you their publicist?

6,961 posts, read 4,624,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
I had a feeling this thread would end up turning into a general rant against homophobic Christians.

That's why I'm no longer big on politics; it turns us into blind partisans who can't even bring ourselves to condemn terrorists if they happen to fall in "our camp".
Who supports threats? NO ONE. Only one fundamentalist sect of Christianity believes their rights supersede the rights of others.

Fundamentalist ideologues are a dangerous in every faith. We see it in the middle east and we see it in home grown terrorism. I worry about the sects in this country going full on ISIS. All in the name of God.

They are ranting and homophobic. No question about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity