Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 08:13 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have the same text to examine as everyone else, and it does not say anything about homosexuality, but it says a lot about Davids lust for women.

Your mouth speaks what your heart harbors, which is why you see homosexuality in everything.

You do remember stating what the gay man would do, yes?

A gay man would have an affair with a man are your words. I see nothing wrong with David being bisexual.

My heart harbors civil rights for every LGBT member of the community. Your community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 08:13 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
This reminds me of what I said about the Fayetteville, AR situation a few months ago. If you create laws like they were trying to create then you will see abuse. Now this wasn't about any laws in this case, but it shows that people will try to create controversy just to hurt a business. That's what's sad about this. It makes legitimate cases of discrimination harder to take serious.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:53 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,812,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
This reminds me of what I said about the Fayetteville, AR situation a few months ago. If you create laws like they were trying to create then you will see abuse. Now this wasn't about any laws in this case, but it shows that people will try to create controversy just to hurt a business. That's what's sad about this. It makes legitimate cases of discrimination harder to take serious.
I have no idea what you said about the Fayetteville, Ar situation but there is controversy in the church(s)... so how can anyone be realistic about this situation? I don't see where anyone can make a real decision here.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I have no idea what you said about the Fayetteville, Ar situation but there is controversy in the church(s)... so how can anyone be realistic about this situation? I don't see where anyone can make a real decision here.
I repeated what I said. What decision is there to be made? Can you elaborate?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:12 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,812,380 times
Quote:
I repeated what I said. What decision is there to be made? Can you elaborate?
If the church(s) stay in controversy over this, it's not going to get any different to the outside world. LBGT will have to voted in by laws. The church or church(s) will still be split. (Your original post said the Fayetteville Ar situation that you posted about a few months ago, I have no idea what that situation was)

Old 04-08-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
If the church(s) stay in controversy over this, it's not going to get any different to the outside world. LBGT will have to voted in by laws. The church or church(s) will still be split. (Your original post said the Fayetteville Ar situation that you posted about a few months ago, I have no idea what that situation was)
Okay now I understand more. Thank you.

I don't think our goal as Christians should be to change the laws. Certainly we want to have laws that allow religious freedom as much as possible but getting laws isn't going to change God's truth.

I think you also have to consider what the definition of a church is. There are a lot of people who consider themselves a church who do not exercise Christians principles so I think you are seeing apostasy more than anything, which is giving the appearance of divided-ness.

To summarize the Arkansas situation. Basically there were some laws being passed that were supposed to protect protected classes of people (by race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.) against any type of discrimination. The problem I presented with the law, is that there are people who can go to establishments similar to this pizza place, that have a clear cut belief, find something arbitrary wrong and use this law to harm the business.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:42 PM

440 posts, read 378,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am certain you can get many people to agree with you and all of you can grin together, but to a person who studies the bible and knows the law, it will only be a feeble attempt, and a laughable desperate attempt to give some kind of loophole that does not exist.

The fact that it is even written proves the fact that it isn't sexual because it would bring the whole kingdom down and everything that was written and they would not purposely do such a thing.

It's laughable.

So desperate to prove a thing that you will go to any lengths and never know who David is. David loved the law, and if what was written was about a homosexual relationship, then it would have to be dealt with by the law and the mindset and stage we are speaking of.

It's just desperate.

You may as well say that every man who calls himself a bride of Christ is gay, and every man who is waiting to consummate the wedding with David is gay, because David is the king who is chosen, and he didn't get there by being gay, he got there because his people love him, and he loves them.

The story makes it clear, especially when David compares the love he felt for Jonathan with the love of women. Why comparing the love they both shared with that of women? Because that was the type of love they felt for each other, romantic love.

Now, the story seems to contradict the passage about stoning to death two men who sleep together, right? No surprise about that since the bible is full of contradictions.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Now this wasn't about any laws in this case, but it shows that people will try to create controversy just to hurt a business. That's what's sad about this. It makes legitimate cases of discrimination harder to take serious.
Sad indeed, and it sure seems like it is done just to hurt Christians.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sad indeed, and it sure seems like it is done just to hurt Christians.
It does. And meanwhile, people aren't even focusing on the death threats or the effect it has on people lives, it's all about what these people said. Freedom of speech is gone. If you don't say certain things that people like, people expect you to suffer for it. Honestly if someone told me they don't like me or don't agree with my beliefs, I will take my business somewhere else. That simple. I don't need people to agree with me even when I think they are wrong. Very few see this for what it is. It's about controlling people and what they think and it's rooted in insecurity.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
It does. And meanwhile, people aren't even focusing on the death threats or the effect it has on people lives, it's all about what these people said. Freedom of speech is gone. If you don't say certain things that people like, people expect you to suffer for it. Honestly if someone told me they don't like me or don't agree with my beliefs, I will take my business somewhere else. That simple. I don't need people to agree with me even when I think they are wrong. Very few see this for what it is. It's about controlling people and what they think and it's rooted in insecurity.
Yes, they want to force others to agree them. "Agree, or else.....". Ironically they also say they don't want others to impose anything (Christianity) on them. I have never seen anyone being forcefully dragged into a church. It may have happened hundreds of years ago, but no one is being forced to be a Christian today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity