Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 02:11 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

If I was a Homosexual and a mainstream Christian came to me saying that he wanted no part in my gay party, I would challenge him because mainstream Christianity has no pony in this debate.

If a Christian has changed the Sabbath and all the entire worship system and they even hint against keeping the commandments, then they can't tell a Homosexual anything at all.

If a Christian changes even one law of Moses through the changing of the Sabbaths and any of the feast days then they have stood against the entire law and once you throw the least of the laws out, you have thrown the entire law out, and there is no place for you to speak of keeping the ten commandments in a courthouse or even open your eyes at a homosexual at all.

If I were a homosexual and a Christian looked down on me because of any law, I would school them in how they have departed from the law and are trying to speak in places that they have no right to speak from.

I would be making a list of every single law they break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Different kinds of love:

You can love your God
You can love your child
You can love your brother/friend
You can love your spouse
And you can be LGBT and love your spouse!

Ain't love grand?

Old 04-08-2015, 02:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And you can be LGBT and love your spouse!

Ain't love grand?
Another deflection. David was not LGBT, and neither was Jonathan, and they were not spouses to each other, they were friends.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Again...common sense 20 years ago was that marriage required a husband, and a wife.
And 50 years ago it required two whites or two blacks - no mixing.

Some people evolve over the course of time - you know, with education - that goes beyond 8th grade.

Others sink into the tar pits of irrelevance.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Another deflection. David was not LGBT, and neither was Jonathan, and they were not spouses to each other, they were friends.
Yeah, sure.

Very, very, close - even intimate - friends.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:27 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes. I was created "Male". Others are "Female". There is no gender called "gay".

I currently have the right to marry a consenting adult of the opposite gender. The law is exactly the same for a man identifying as gay, or for a woman -- that they can marry a consenting adult of the opposite gender.

They currently have the EXACT SAME RIGHTS as anyone else.

30 years ago the idea of 2 men getting married was ridiculous. Homosexuality was a shameful act. In the past 10 years or so we've seen a remarkable social campaign happen with people being labeled as bigots if they disagree with it. Who is to say that a group that says they are born that way won't have similar things happen for their deviant behavior?
I will agree there are only two genders. You have some gender confusion.

Male/Male , Female/Female, Male/Female. These are some of the sexual possibilities within a gender. Same gender, different sub-set of identifiers.

You have been asleep for the last century or several centuries?. Homosexuality is common, along with commitment ceremonies. Two men could not get married thirty years ago.

Homosexuality has never been shameful , it is not deviant. I have never heard such nonsense.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-08-2015 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 04-08-2015, 02:28 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I will agree there are only two genders. You have some gender confusion.

Men/Men Women/Women, Men/Women These are some of the sexual possibilities within a gender. Same gender, different sub-set of identifiers.
There is not a shred of actual scientific evidence to suggest that, by the way.
Quote:

You have been asleep for the last century or several centuries?. Homosexuality is common, along with commitment ceremonies. Two men could not get married thirty years ago.

Homosexuality has never been a shameful , it is not deviant. I have never heard such nonsense.

uh huh. Sure.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Some people evolve over the course of time - you know, with education - that goes beyond 8th grade.

Others sink into the tar pits of irrelevance.
Inded, Trout. Once the WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO HOMOSEXUALS signs start going up in windows (put up by people who refuse to read the part where Jesus says "Love one another")..... I may ask for one to put away so people will know what it was like in 2015.

And in fifty years people will look at it and shake their heads that some people were so prejudiced against the LGBT community they wouldn't serve them a meal.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And that was wrong. But there is no longer any discrimination in marriage.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:31 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Because calling themselves anything else would get them stoned. There goes the house of David.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity