Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 05:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think it is odd you know so much personal information of another couple in your church. We call those busybodies. Make that judgmental busybodies. The tisk-tiskers.
It is a church family, so yes, we know when someone is hurting, and are in position to support the one in pain.

Quote:
I prefer to believe people go into a church to connect with God. Other than the joy of that sharing moment, I have no problem letting adults handle their own affairs, with the exception of physical abuse.
Yes, you already said you would not lift a finger to help.

You can connect with God in your closet.

You mock the fellowship in church, and slander people you never met, which further proves what I said earlier.

Why go to church?

to love one another (1 John 4:12)
to encourage one another (Heb 3:13),
to stir up one another to love and good works (Heb 10:24),
to serve one another (Gal 5:13),
to instruct one another (Rom 15:14),
to honor one another (Rom 12:10)
to be kind and compassionate to one another (Eph4:32)
to teach and fellowship, to breaking of bread and the prayers (Acts 2:42)

For a church body to function properly, all of its “body parts” need to be present and working (1 Cor 12:14).

Which body part of the church is an unrepentant cheating husband who brings his new GF to publicly shame his wife? That's not a body part, that's cancer.

We both judge, you and I, but your judgment is controlled by you own "tolerance" rule, which is why your judgment is not righteous. Your judgment is in favor of the cancer, and against the body. Jesus said "judge correctly".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-08-2015 at 05:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No it's more like this. I still think most gays don't want to shut down businesses though.

Religious Freedom In the Middle East Vs. America Hilariously Illustrated in One Cartoon
Correct, like with radical islam, only the fringe is making all the noise.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
A basic tenant of our civil society is that your freedom or liberty ends at the tip on my nose.
The zip it. You speak, and criticize others for doing the same. You are a hypocrite.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:05 AM

939 posts, read 795,969 times
For troutdude- I want to be like you, when and if you ever grow up! You are on my ignore list, yet you still keep sending me hateful messages. Keep doing so, since I cannot read them. Perhaps God would like to hear your viewpoint at Judgement Day, since you think you know so much. I miss hearing from your hate!!

Old 04-08-2015, 07:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is a church family, so yes, we know when someone is hurting, and are in position to support the one in pain.

Yes, you already said you would not lift a finger to help.

You can connect with God in your closet.

You mock the fellowship in church, and slander people you never met, which further proves what I said earlier.
I mock those who gossip. I mock the tisk-tiskers. I mock those worming their way into situations they do not belong, and call it fellowship.

In our family, we do not judge. My sister-in-law is no longer married to my brother. She is still my family. We share meals and holidays and her new in-laws even celebrate with us. Our relationship has not changed. He is still my brother, and she is still my sister.

There are no children and step-children. They are all beloved nieces and nephews. Every one of them.

My relationship with my brother has not changed. I love his new wife and their children. Her parents come for dinner. I love my sister-in-law, her, husband and their new family.

Our family got bigger. My nieces ,and nephews have new brothers and sisters. I have gained new nieces and nephews, and their parents, although not related to me are also my family.

That is true fellowship.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I mock those who gossip. I mock the tisk-tiskers. I mock those worming their way into situations they do not belong, and call it fellowship.
You judge incorrectly. Again. You accuse falsely. Again.

You are proving my point.

Quote:
In our family, we do not judge. My sister-in-law is no longer married to my brother. She is still my family. We share meals and holidays and her new in-laws even celebrate with us. Our relationship has not changed. He is still my brother, and she is still my sister.
I am glad it ended nicely. What if their marriage had ended badly in anger and resentment after she betrayed your brother? Would you still invite her and her new BF for holidays where your brother also is invited? Lets not pretend these things don't happen, and inviting both would be poor judgment. It's not fellowship, it's putting two scorpions in a bowl, and your "tolerance" would do more harm than good.

You are either not understanding the point, or you are deliberately dodging it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-08-2015 at 08:39 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 AM

950 posts, read 925,031 times
Quote:
Yours is fine too as long as it does not interfere with other people right to exercise their religion.

That would certainly qualify as interference.

See the problem?

See the hypocrisy?

Gays are like the Westboro group.

They see nothing wrong with disrupting a religious service to protest.

Gays and Westboro
Two peas in a pod

6 of one............half dozen of another

Old 04-08-2015, 08:25 AM

950 posts, read 925,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Defending their Christian faith? Really?

Bigotry and hatred are not part of the Christian faith. They are just being mean.

since when does having a moral compass equate to "bigotry and hatred " ?

Gays have none and that is why they hurl the accusation of........"bigotry and hatred"

same old , same old

Old 04-08-2015, 08:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:

There are no children and step-children. They are all beloved nieces and nephews. Every one of them.

My relationship with my brother has not changed. I love his new wife and their children. Her parents come for dinner. I love my sister-in-law, her, husband and their new family.

Our family got bigger. My nieces ,and nephews have new brothers and sisters. I have gained new nieces and nephews, and their parents, although not related to me are also my family.

That is true fellowship.
Yes, it is.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:55 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
You judge incorrectly. Again. You accuse falsely. Again.

You are proving my point.

I am glad it ended nicely. What if their marriage had ended badly in anger and resentment after she betrayed your brother? Would you still invite her and her new BF for holidays where your brother also is invited? Lets not pretend these things don't happen, and inviting both would poor judgment. It's not fellowship, it's putting two scorpions in a bowl, and your "tolerance" would do more harm than good.

I don't think you are understanding it.
No. I do not think you understand. I do not judge them. They are adults and can figure out their issues without me putting my two cents into their business. They settle their business and move forward. Sometimes it takes time. Sometimes not. The key is time and patience. They are people, not scorpions.

Our doors are always open to family, and friends. If one family member does not wish to break bread with other family members, it is their choice. We respect their choice. We do not gossip about it. It is their business. They figure it out. They always figure it out. The family does not take sides in personal matters. We are adults.

Every family and extended family member knows; you marry into this family, you are family for as long as you wish to be family. It does not change with divorce, or death.

A beloved family member and his wife divorced. She re-married. She and her husband were part of every holiday. When she died, he and his adult children were still part of the family. The first and second husbands liked each other, and why not? They both loved an awesome woman.

Fellowship. It is our way. We are not sitting around tisk-tisking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity