Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 04:08 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excellent. I was going to go with the standard rainbow theme but, apparently, pink and lavender are the in colors* so find something apropos in your chateau.

*If you want to find out something gay-related.....ask a fundamentalist.
OOOOOoooooo I will dye my long, gray hair lavender.. It will have plenty of time to fade before Halloween.

We need sparklers, and fireworks, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 04:49 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Defending their Christian faith? Really?

Bigotry and hatred are not part of the Christian faith. They are just being mean.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It seems as if the liberal left is just simply scared to death of Christianity.
It is exactly the opposite, the evangelicals are terrified of US because people are finally realizing that living under tyranny and FEAR is no way to live when God is all about LOVE and FORGIVENESS.

Keeping count of our sins all the while praying that repentance will be enough to avoid a hell that God has nothing to do with..We have and are showing the world that Heaven is NOT an exclusive club that is more difficult to access than a winning lottery ticket.

Remember, Jesus is pulling all the people over the wall that Peter has turned away..

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2017 at 09:51 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 04:59 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It is exactly the opposite, the evangelicals are terrified of US because people are finally realizing that living under tyranny and FEAR is no way to live when God is all about LOVE and FORGIVENESS.
I'm sorry...as an Evanglical, I'm not terrified of you. You have not demonstrated love and forgiveness. You're side is the one shouting down anyone that is religious, and calling them bigots.

I'm not sure you really understand what "tolerance" is.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry...as an Evanglical, I'm not terrified of you. You have not demonstrated love and forgiveness. You're side is the one shouting down anyone that is religious, and calling them bigots.

I'm not sure you really understand what "tolerance" is.
I tolerate your Fundamentalist lifestyle.

I think you should be able to marry another consenting adult.
I do not want you fired, or harmed in any way.
I want you to have children, and adopt children.

I do not even know your sexuality either. It is unimportant.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I tolerate your Fundamentalist lifestyle.
Not very well, apparently. You sure seem to post a lot of insulting things about us.
Quote:
I think you should be able to marry another consenting adult.
Why is your opinion any more important that what anyone else thinks, or more important than thousands of years of human history? Or even 200+ years of American History?
Quote:
I do not want you fired, or harmed in any way.
I want you to have children, and adopt children.

I do not even know your sexuality either. It is unimportant.
You're right. It is irrelevant. So why is your side making it an issue?

Old 04-07-2015, 05:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
They good thing is $409,000 in donations has been raised for her so far to support her.
lol the gays seem to have "flamed" her with questionably raised monetary donations. Good thing they didn't "blow up" her abortion clinic or tax collector's office with monetary support. Instead of hiding she should work to legally prosecute and educate the imbeciles who might be threatening her for her "horrendous" two-faced hypocrisy.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:26 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I still cannot comprehend why the church thinks it can be militantly vocal about that which it does not approve and not expect a reaction from a world that orthodox christianity believes dwells no good thing, is corrupt and hell bound.

I like the way you talk, couldn't really understand it all but I like how the words are placed, a regular poet.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Condoning? I do not make personal issues my problem. They are adults. They do not need me to condone or condemn their actions. Adults can figure out their own relationships.
That's a little cold. If you are not willing to support people like her in any way shape or form, then what kind of church family are you a member of? Church is supposed to be like family, not a place where people tell each other to "deal with their own problems". Why do you go to church?

Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Not very well, apparently. You sure seem to post a lot of insulting things about us.
Why is your opinion any more important that what anyone else thinks, or more important than thousands of years of human history? Or even 200+ years of American History?

You're right. It is irrelevant. So why is your side making it an issue?
I have been a life long advocate for Civil Rights in this country. You wish to discriminate? I will engage. You do not think the LGBT community should get married. I will engage. It is that simple.

We have evolved. Or ,some of us have evolved. We used to believe owning another person was dandy. We used to think women should not own property or vote, and black men had to jump through hoops to vote.
I remember black men, and women being killed, because they wanted a seat at the table. Black children were denied a good education with their peers.

I was pretty insulting to the opposition, their racism and bigotry, too. I make no apologies for my behavior, and own every word I say. Fundamentalist ideologues hide behind the words of others to justify their behavior. God likes my way better. Much better.

Move over. The LGBT community is taking a place at the table. They will marry and have children as they see fit. They will not be fired for being LGBT. The ideologues are losing their power, and ability to marginalize, and disenfranchise other members of the community.

I am delighted to be a witness to history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity