Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 11:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What is preventing her from operating her pizzeria? If the death threats are real will they not fond here where ever she goes?
It sounds like you approve the bullying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 11:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It sounds like you approve the bullying.
I BELIEVE IN STANDING UP TO BULLIES, with any means necessary. Because ain't no one gonna give someone freedom and opportunity if it is not DEMANDED.

Obviously some evangelicals approve of bullying. Since it is OK to bully doctors, LGBTQ folks, single parents, the poor, those without health care, etc..

When I ask why do they kill the doctors in America and the Muslims in Africa, I am called a bully...
But when the evangelicals talk about killing doctors and Muslims in Africa, they call it god's will?

Old 04-07-2015, 11:37 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
All churches I have ever been to have welcomed sinners, and once they are saved they are expected to stop living in habitual sins.

The pizzeria owner is already out of business due to the death threats she received. She did not discriminate anyone. She is in the victim of extreme anti-Christian bigotry.

Were there more than the one threat which was posted on twitter and was not a serious one according to the person tweating? Death threats have no place in a civil society of course but I am not aware of others than the one above, it there were others . As far as anti Christian bigotry is it not extreme bigotry against those who are against homosexuals? There is a difference as you do not even know if some of those so called anti Christian bigots are not themselves Christians. Some Christians appear to assume that only people with their take on issues are Christians and those with other takes are anti Christians.

And it certainly has not been as harsh as the anti abortion pro life campaign that did result in dead doctors and burnt out clinics, harrassed clinic workers and patients or is even brining this up anti Christian? More gays have been killed for being gay in the US in the last 25 years then Christians being killed for being Christians by gays and no I do not have the figures but how much do we hear from Christians that they have been attacked by gangs of gays?

Nothing I have written in anyways suggests that I support verbal or physical threats towards any person. Boycotts, charges for infractions of laws, public condemmations though are another matter in which those who are not calling gays deviants or preverts can call out those who do.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I BELIEVE IN STANDING UP TO BULLIES, with any means necessary. Because ain't no one gonna give someone freedom and opportunity if it is not DEMANDED.
Then stand up to those who bully the pizzeria owner.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
All churches I have ever been to have welcomed sinners, and once they are saved they are expected to stop living in habitual sins.

The pizzeria owner is already out of business due to the death threats she received. She did not discriminate anyone. She is in the victim of extreme anti-Christian bigotry.
She is the victim of people breaking the law, while she states she is willing to discriminate, and break the law. Both are wrong.

I prefer the civil disobedience,and protest method. It works. I am careful where I spend my money, and where I invest my time and energy. I am a letter writer, too. I tell companies why I no longer use their products. My voice matters, even if I am a party of one.

Her intent to discriminate is enough for her business to be disrupted. No worries. She will be a millionaire, living off the hard earned money of others, soon. If nothing else, it puts money into the community whether I agree with it, or not.

I am not allowed do discriminate in my business. It is bad for business.

You are still looking at sins of others. You have no right to judge another person sitting in your church, or what they do in their lives. They are not judging you. What you do in the privacy of your home, is not their business either.

You have a lot in common.

Raising children, PTA, after school activities, volunteering at the pantry, pay Uncle Sam by the 15th, shopping, celebrating, family and friends, worshiping God at church.

Police, firefighters, priests, nuns, barrister, computer programmer, nurse, business owner. Doctors, actors, chemists, scientists, astronomers, singers............. and on and on.

Your are the same.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Then stand up to those who bully the pizzeria owner.
Law enforcement is taking care of that. To say that the pizza shop owner is wrong in her stance is not supporting bullying, it is stating a perception that some who bully share. The point was well made that saying that abortion is wrong is not supporting clinic bombers.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Law enforcement is taking care of that. To say that the pizza shop owner is wrong in her stance is not supporting bullying, it is stating a perception that some who bully share. The point was well made that saying that abortion is wrong is not supporting clinic bombers.
Exactly. The cops should be investigating any threats made against the shop owners. We have a system in place to deal with people who make threats.

Use it.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You are still looking at sins of others. You have no right to judge another person sitting in your church, or what they do in their lives. They are not judging you. What you do in the privacy of your home, is not their business either.
I don't judge them, but I have seen people being asked to leave due to something they had done (usually continuing adultery). It is done for the benefit of the adulterer (promotes to repentance) and for the benefit of the congregation. Maybe there are churches where anything goes, even ongoing adultery/sexual immorality, in church, but most churches follow biblical instruction when dealing with such issues.

Example: Everyone finds out a church member is cheating on his wife with another church member, and it is leading to a divorce. Would it be fair towards the wife to allow the cheating husband and his lover to continue attending her church? Does it make sense to allow it, knowing everyone will be left with the impression the church condones any sin or behavior? No. It is the duty of the church to take action in certain situations. People think they are being 'tolerant' when they approve and condone anything and everything, but often such attitude causes more harm than good to the person they are 'tolerating'.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Then defend those Christians who are bullied only for doing what they through was right in the eyes of God. Ohm that's right, you call the bigots, which means that not only do you approve the bullying, you actually joined their ranks.

Who will God bless:

He, who does what he thinks is right in the eyes of God?
or
He, who calls people bigots for doing what they think is right in the eyes of God?

Everyone knows the answer. No one will be blessed for attacking someone who thinks is doing the will of God.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:31 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
I don't judge them, but I have seen people being asked to leave due to something they had done (usually continuing adultery). It is done for the benefit of the adulterer (promotes to repentance) and for the benefit of the congregation. Maybe there are churches where anything goes, even ongoing adultery/sexual immorality, in church, but most churches follow biblical instruction when dealing with such issues.

Example: Everyone finds out a church member is cheating on his wife with another church member, and it is leading to a divorce. Would it be fair towards the wife to allow the cheating husband and his lover to continue attending her church? Does it make sense to allow it, knowing everyone will be left with the impression the church condones any sin or behavior? No. It is the duty of the church to take action in certain situations. People think they are being 'tolerant' when they approve and condone anything and everything, but often such attitude causes more harm than good to the person they are 'tolerating'.
Only perfect asses in those seats, eh?

If I belonged to such an club, I would encourage everyone to keep the faith. I would not judge their actions. Only a perfect ass would do such a thing. Wouldn't you agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity