Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 07:13 PM

8,180 posts, read 6,931,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sparrow, whether I agree with you or not, I always appreciate your spirit. You often embody this quote from Ram Dass: "You can only protest effectively when you love the person whose ideas you are protesting as much as you love yourself."

Thank you for your kindness, Pleroo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 07:45 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Do you support gays entering a Catholic church during Sunday mass and disrupting services in order to force the Catholic church to condone the gay lifestyle?

Seems gays like to spout.............." we don't want anything to do with a church that doesn't support our views"...........but after I post this example they change and do a 180 and say............." we have the right to interrupt your services"

Which is it?

The gays who don't respect a Catholic mass in progress are n o better than the Westboro protestors.
No 180 here. I support civil disobedience. I think it is about time gay Catholics are heard.

There are many gay Catholics, and if their voice needs to be heard in Church I am fine with it. The church belongs to the entire congregation, not just to you.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Do you support gays entering a Catholic church during Sunday mass and disrupting services in order to force the Catholic church to condone the gay lifestyle?

Seems gays like to spout.............." we don't want anything to do with a church that doesn't support our views"...........but after I post this example they change and do a 180 and say............." we have the right to interrupt your services"

Which is it?

The gays who don't respect a Catholic mass in progress are n o better than the Westboro protestors.
Are you referring to the incident in 2006 in Minneapolis? A small group of gay Catholics and their supporters were denied Holy Communion. They identified themselves by wearing rainbow colored sashes, IIRC. There was some disruption of the Mass and they left after they'd made their statement.

Meanwhile there are millions of of straight Catholics using birth control who receive Communion from a priest .....who must think of something else when they approach the altar rail....but!.... since they're straight...their only means of identification is they have two children instead of 11 or 12.

Is that not a form of protest? They're taking communion despite the teachings of the Church. Are you upset about what the straight Catholics are doing?

Old 04-05-2015, 09:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are you referring to the incident in 2006 in Minneapolis? A small group of gay Catholics and their supporters were denied Holy Communion. They identified themselves by wearing rainbow colored sashes, IIRC. There was some disruption of the Mass and they left after they'd made their statement.

Meanwhile there are millions of of straight Catholics using birth control who receive Communion from a priest .....who must think of something else when they approach the altar rail....but!.... since they're straight...their only means of identification is they have two children instead of 11 or 12.

Is that not a form of protest? They're taking communion despite the teachings of the Church. Are you upset about what the straight Catholics are doing?
Well done, yet again, Dew. (Too soon etc.)

You are among the best when it comes to holding up a mirror to those who spout biblical phrases while acting in a distinctly un-Christ-like manner.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:42 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:

Old 04-06-2015, 12:53 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
And for your expressions of love, Sparrow.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:57 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sparrow, whether I agree with you or not, I always appreciate your spirit. You often embody this quote from Ram Dass: "You can only protest effectively when you love the person whose ideas you are protesting as much as you love yourself."
Amen!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It is richly deserved our precious little sparrow!

Old 04-06-2015, 05:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
A quick google shows it has happened on many occasions. Are you going to judge them as bigots, intolerant and "Christianophobes" or is such judgment reserved only for Christians when they do not agree with gays? I am not going to judge them, I will point out that they, and their supporters, are being highly hypocritical.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you going to judge them as bigots, intolerant and "Christianophobes" or is such judgment reserved only for Christians when they do not agree with gays? .
It's Equal Opportunity in the Bigot Club. Prejudice is, unfortunately, not limited to a particular religion or creed.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A quick google shows it has happened on many occasions. Are you going to judge them as bigots, intolerant and "Christianophobes" or is such judgment reserved only for Christians when they do not agree with gays? I am not going to judge them, I will point out that they, and their supporters, are being highly hypocritical.

You do that. Clutch your pearls , and tisk -tisk- all you wish. The Gays are coming.

In the mean time, the LGBT community and their supporters will pushing, through every legal means for civil rights for every person.

We will stand up at the Supreme Court, in the Catholic Church, and at the Congress.

We will interrupt your soft life though civil disobedience. Going to Church? We will be there demanding to worship God next to you.

If you do not care for our tactics, all you have to do is make room in the tent for the LGBT community. It is your only choice. The LGBT community is demanding seat at the table, so move over and share your bounty.

The LGBT community is here. There is no more hiding. No more silence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity