Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 09:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually your link agrees with what I said. Jesus flipped the tables because the money changers had turned the house of worship into a house of business. His own words: ""Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!". He said His house will be called a house of prayer. What do you do in a house of prayer? The answer is obvious.

Would He approve a pro-gun rally in a house of worship? No.

Anti-immigration rally? No

Pro-abortion rally? No

Pro-gay rally? No.

Such things do not belong in the house of worship. Whether or not you see gay marriage as an "equality" issue is irrelevant. That is your personal opinion. House of worship is not the place for political rallies.
Well, Finn, as described, the demonstration was a pro-worship rally to tell the people in charge that they should not exclude people who wish to do so. It was not about gay marriage, it was about participation in worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:13 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Yours is fine too as long as it does not interfere with other people right to exercise their religion.

That would certainly qualify as interference.

See the problem?

See the hypocrisy?
No problem..

You can certainly practice as you please. Your religion cannot interfere the civil rights of the LGBT community, or any other community.

Both of us must follow the laws. Our faiths must not interfere with it. Both of us have the same remedy.
If I do not like your practices, expect me to react within the law, and use the law. You have the same remedy. There is no hypocrisy.

I practice my faith and do not insist you practice what I believe. I do not impose my faith on you.

The baker and the candlestick maker must not discriminate against any customer. It is illegal.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-07-2015 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
INDIANA PIZZERIA BEING CRITICIZED FOR PRACTICING DISCRIMINATION IN BUSINESS

There. I fixed it for you.

I'm sure this Indiana proprietor will continue - so long as the law allows, which you may or may not be too oblivious to social trends to understand won't be for too many more years - to deny gays, while citing the Bible. Which parts of the Bible? Well, there's Matthew 19, in which Jesus comments on marriage being between a man and a woman and which only God can end. But I'm sure this pizzeria will happily cater a wedding between one or two divorced individuals. Or maybe it's Leviticus that is pushing this pizzeria's buttons, and they will conveniently ignore all the pronouncements of that book save for the ones about gays.

The gullible masses will undoubtedly believe that the pizzeria is being pious, and not just using the Bible to justify their anti-gay bias, while not bothering with any parts of the Bible that don't jibe with their animus. Maybe the pizzeria owners are self-deluded enough to think that themselves.

In the meantime, making these pizzeria owners rich by throwing disposable income that might otherwise go to the reelection campaigns of bigoted politicians standing in the way of equality, or noxious organizations like NOM, definitely works for me. A fool and their money, after all...

Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Actually your link agrees with what I said. Jesus flipped the tables because the money changers had turned the house of worship into a house of business. His own words: ""Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!". He said His house will be called a house of prayer. What do you do in a house of prayer? The answer is obvious.

Would He approve a pro-gun rally in a house of worship? No.

Anti-immigration rally? No

Pro-abortion rally? No

Pro-gay rally? No.

Such things do not belong in the house of worship. Whether or not you see gay marriage as an "equality" issue is irrelevant. That is your personal opinion. House of worship is not the place for political rallies.
Jesus practiced civil disobedience at a. house of worship Move over Finn. Gays are worshiping in your church as we speak. They are going to have a seat at the table in every church. Make room in the tent.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jesus practiced civil disobedience at a. house of worship Move over Finn. Gays are worshiping in your church as we speak. They are going to have a seat at the table in every church. Make room in the tent.
Of course they are. Churches have always had gays. Of course they got dressed for church in the closet because they live in the closet. But there they are, sitting in the pews. Except for those who are standing at the pulpit.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Jesus practiced civil disobedience at a. house of worship Move over Finn. Gays are worshiping in your church as we speak.
Yes, many have found God, changed their lives, and worship in our church, which is great. It doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about though.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-07-2015 at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Yes, many have found God and worship in our church, which is great. It doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about though.
There you go. You radical you. You have made room. On to other churches, and other faiths for them to do the same.

Join us, Finn. This is exactly what I am talking about. Religion belongs in church, not making laws to marginalize and disenfranchise people of the community.

The baker and the candle stick maker will either go out of business or stop their discrimination.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:11 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
But I think this is going to open the doors for the LGBT Mafia to go from business to business seeing if they will cater a gay wedding and when they say no, they will call the news media and try to sue and have the place shut down afterwards.
Have you got a link to info on the LGBT Mafia? Please post it. Several of us are anxious to get the inside scoop. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
There you go. You radical you. You have made room. On to other churches, and other faiths for them to do the same.

Join us, Finn. This is exactly what I am talking about. Religion belongs in church, not making laws to marginalize and disenfranchise people of the community.
All churches I have ever been to have welcomed sinners, and once they are saved they are expected to stop living in habitual sins.

Quote:
The baker and the candle stick maker will either go out of business or stop their discrimination.
The pizzeria owner is already out of business due to the death threats she received. She did not discriminate anyone. She is in the victim of extreme anti-Christian bigotry.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
All churches I have ever been to have welcomed sinners, and once they are saved they are expected to stop living in habitual sins.

The pizzeria owner is already out of business due to the death threats she received. She did not discriminate anyone. She is in the victim of extreme anti-Christian bigotry.
And what about the doctors who were (and some still are) given death sentences by extreme anti-choice bigotry?

What is preventing her from operating her pizzeria? If the death threats are real will they not fond here where ever she goes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity