Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 03:25 PM

950 posts, read 925,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
Homosexuality is nothing to repent about though.

Homophobia is your ticket to hell, remember, homophobia is one of the faces of hate and hate is unchrist-like.

The gay men of Sodom and Gomorah said the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 03:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Churches are free to marry anyone they please and to refuse to marry anyone they please.
Yes, they are. And same-sex couples (along with everyone else) are free to refuse to have their wedding inside a church. That's how it works in the United States.

No.church.needed. Marriage is a civil matter. Stop worrying. If the rest of the people attending your church (if, in fact, you go to church) are like you..... no same-sex couple will want to be married there.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:

Just like idiotic blacks chanting.............." hands up, don't shoot"........you gays use GAY phrases that are identical ..........word for word.
Wasn't this Luke 4:23? Seems I remember Jesus sating something about IDIOTIC...EVANGELICALS...

KUM BY YA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJnu3qaquE

Old 04-13-2015, 03:55 PM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Churches are free to marry anyone they please and to refuse to marry anyone they please.

Book your gay wedding in a gay bath house and leave the churches alone.
Where are all these "gay bath houses" that you keep posting about? Why don't they bathe in their "gay homes?"

Is there one in Indiana near the Pizza shop?

Old 04-13-2015, 04:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
The gay men of Sodom and Gomorah said the same.
And you will be begging for mercy at the foot of Jesus who healed a homosexual youth. Ask about what that is so we can further enlighten you to how biblically uneducate you are. You know, sort of like those farm animals who are never gay!

Old 04-13-2015, 05:00 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you informed your employer that you work for Jesus and not him . . . I wonder what the result would be. You ONLY control what YOU do with regard to sin . . . NOT what others do. Stop butting into others' lives and imposing YOUR rules on them. What they do has NO EFFECT on your sin status . . . only what YOU do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is possible to work, and honor God at the same time. That's what the pizzeria owner did.
Like I have already explained to you on multiple occasions, the owner is NOT concerned about anything other than HIS OWN standing with God. Why is it so difficult to grasp this simple concept? You keep making it about the gays, when it is not them. It is about the pizza-guy making sure HE is on the right path. Like Daniels friends he is willing to pay a price for not allowing himself to be bullied into doing something he believes would dishonor God. You are one of those bullies.
These bullies have your support 100%, which makes it ironic you try to claim you oppose butting into other peoples business.
Expecting people to follow the law is not bullying them, Finn. Your God does NOT have the secular authority to give you permission to violate the law! If you think He does, i suggest you give it a try sometime. Let me know how that works out for you.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:08 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would not be surprised if his business is booming by now. Chick-Fil-a business was also boosted after the gay attacks.
Quote:
Every time the gays tries to close down a business, the money pours in to that business.
I laugh at those gays using tactics of the Westboro group.
6 0f one............half dozen of the other
Celebrate this evil hatred and lack of love if you must. Westboro tactics are NEVER warranted. But my heart aches at the lack of love in the hearts of so many in the public that is reflected in the monetary support of bigotry against gays.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Let's get fundamentalists to the heart of the bigotry. In the following scenarios they will prove themselves either cowards by not replying, bigots by responding in the affirmative, or hypocritical by responding in the negative. In other words, here is their catch 22.

1. I am an emergency room trauma physician in a private city hospital when a young male arrives at the hospital critically beaten. His friend says a group of men beat him because he is homosexual. I refuse to provide him care because he is an abomination in God's sight.
I have acted on my own definition of religious freedom, and should be free to do so. Yes or no?
(This could be the same in a privately run "Emergency Care" facility.)

2. I am a bus driver for a city bus line. I see two men kiss at a bus stop and then one tries to board my bus. I tell him he can't board because he is gay and my religious freedom protects me from allowing him to board.
Correct? Yes or no?

3. I have a large clothing store and advertise openly, without restriction, for people to shop at my store. Two men holding hands come into my store, they "look" gay and try to buy some of my clothing. I refuse citing my religious freedom to not interact with homosexuals. I am within my "rights" even if I did not advertise that "we proudly serve the non-LGBT community." Correct? Yes or no?

When you state that SOME of these situations may be "public," please remember marriage is public. It has nothing to do with any church service anywhere in the United States. You simply want to foist a religious view on public life.
Still no one willing to have a bash at this. How about you Finn Jarber or you Justitan ?.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Still no one willing to have a bash at this. How about you Finn Jarber or you Justitan ?.
Don't hold your breath.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:41 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:

Book your gay wedding in a gay bath house and leave the churches alone.
Well, let me see.. I am of the opinion you only get married for the first time once, the second time once, and so forth. You get the idea.

You will have to give me some recommendations. You have much more knowledge about bath houses. Let me tell you my VeeJayJDay do list. You minx.

Bath house requires a theme.. so..

• You and the Mrs must wear togas. Nothing to restrict the nethers. We will look.
  • You do not have to throw any dollar bills. But, a few coins will be appreciated.
  • And no, you are not allowed to pee in the fountain.
  • You have a two drink limit.
  • The Mrs. has a three drink limit. No, make that four.

Ps. If the old lady can cut a rug, we will up her drink limit.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-13-2015 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: ps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity