Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 07:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If given the opportunity, she would refuse to serve them the LGBTQ couple. Her intent to discriminate was enough for a large backlash.
It allows others to see real bigotry, and the soft bigotry of intent. It marginalizes members of your community.

Faith does not discriminate in any aspect. NONE. God is tired of people using God's name for their abusive behavior. God wants you to stop.
She gave her opinion, and it was enough for the LGBT commuity to threaten to murder her. Is she required to LIE to appease the gay crowd?

So, now people are not allowed to talk? You call that tolerance?

That's tyranny! That IS bigotry and discrimination. Thanks, but no thanks

No, she chose to honor God, and would not allow herself to be bullied.

Bless her heart.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:20 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She gave her opinion, and it was enough for the LGBT commuity to threaten to murder her. Is she required to LIE to appease the gay crowd?

So, now people are not allowed to talk? You call that tolerance?

That's tyranny! That IS bigotry and discrimination. Thanks, but no thanks

No, she chose to honor God, and would not allow herself to be bullied.

Bless her heart.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me"
Two threats does not make a crowd , no clutching of your pearls will change it. I hope those who threatened are grounded by their parents, and their internet taken away.

She can talk all she wants. I appreciate she is showing herself.

Pappy always said, when someone shows themselves, believe it, and trust it. You may only have a moments glance into that soul. It should be all you need.

She can be your heroine. She needs your protection from the big bad gays. I get it.

I reserve the right to object to her bigotry and intent. Not tyranny. Tyranny is telling me I cannot object and react to her statement of intent.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:07 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I AM a Christian, Finn so your accusation about my view of Christians is just silly. I do not judge her . . . but she is doing the judging . . . ostensibly for God. I do NOT see HER as hateful. I am certain she is operating out of a genuine love of God (but NOT a love for each other). I am trying to get you to see that the ACTIONS themselves are hateful no matter WHO does them or for WHAT reasons. Of course, I would NOT expect her to lie . . . but I would expect her to follow the law and NOT discriminate in the conduct of her business. Listen very carefully, Finn. It is NOT about BEING anything. SHE was not BEING hateful. She was ACTING hatefully. Do you understand that there is a difference between BEING something and simply DOING something????
Quote:
She was asked a bait question and she answered truthfully, and you are offended by the truth. The ONLY other alternative to telling the truth is to lie.
You won't accept either, so there is no way to please you.
Maybe you should have listened very carefully what I told you earlier, because obviously it was "beyond you" again. The truth is that she only spoke the truth, and you are offended by it, and then you lash out and accuse her of being/acting hateful. You have made yourself the judge of what is hateful and what is not. According to you telling the truth is hateful, if the view does not line up with your gay agenda.
The only way to escape your judgment would have been to lie, but you already said that was not acceptable either. Nothing is acceptable.
You can't bully Christians to dishonor their God. They won't lie to appease your views of what is hateful and what is not. You are the accuser, so you wll always find something to accuse people of, even if they lied to appease you.
Hateful act is an act of expressing hate. Hate is a feeling, and it is not possible to be hateful without feeling hate. She was simply saying something which you are in disagreement with, and you attack her by labeling her words hateful. Suddelny you say her actions were NOT motivated by hate. If that's the case, then her actions were not hateful, they were something else. I'd say she was just being truthful.
I said I believe she was being truthful and probably feels very righteous, Finn. That is NOT the issue. If she ACTED on her intent to violate the anti-discrimination laws . . . it would be a hateful ACT. She would still feel righteous and might not have any hate in her heart. Doesn't matter. The ACT still would be hateful.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Two threats does not make a crowd , no clutching of your pearls will change it. I hope those who threatened are grounded by their parents, and their internet taken away.

She can talk all she wants. I appreciate she is showing herself.
No, she is being silenced. You are trying to silence her. You attack her for speaking the truth.

The LBGT demand for the American society is this:

1. Agree with the gay agenda
2. Lie in order to pretend to agree with it
3. Pay the consequences for not agreeing (or pretending to agree)

It reminds me of North Korea where everyone is required to cry when a leader dies.

I say no to tyranny, and so did the pizzeria owner.

Jesus command is the complete opposite of the LGBT demand: Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' It does not leave an option to lie, because it would dishonor God.

The LBGT crowd demands us to dishonor God, but Jesus commands to honor Him. I will choose God, and I am willing to pay the price.

Quote:
I reserve the right to object to her bigotry and intent.
It is ironic you reserve the right to object, while denying it form others.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-15-2015 at 04:39 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I said I believe she was being truthful and probably feels very righteous, Finn. That is NOT the issue. If she ACTED on her intent to violate the anti-discrimination laws . . . it would be a hateful ACT. She would still feel righteous and might not have any hate in her heart. Doesn't matter. The ACT still would be hateful.
The only other option would have been to lie.

You attack her for telling the truth calling truth hateful, and you would attack her for lying if she had lied.

You can't win against the accusers, which is why it is best to ignore them and let God do the judging.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:42 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
No, she is being silenced. You are trying to silence her. You attack her for speaking the truth.

3. Pay the consequences for not agreeing or lying

Jesus command is the complete opposite:

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

The LBGT crowd demands us to dishonor God, but Jesus commands to honor Him. I will choose God, and I am willing to pay the price.

What is the gay agenda? Is it spelled out like conservative christians spelled out in a 1994 meeting in Colorado Springs how they were going to take America back by electing their especially chosen candidates in each of the states?

Sorry, but the polls show people aren't lying with regard to their desire to see people treated fairly.

Pennsylvania passed a Religious Freedom Act in 2002. It is worded somewhat similar to Indiana's but has a very important exclusion:

Quote:
In 2002 Pennsylvania passed it’s own Religious Restoration Act. It’s similar to Indiana’s and now Arkansas religious freedom law, but different in a key way.

“The difference with the Religious Act that we have here is that there is an explicit exception for businesses,” Angela says.

That means here in Pennsylvania non-profits can chose to not serve someone for religious reasons; for profit businesses cannot
Pa. Has Its Own Religious Freedom Act, But It Differs From Indiana’s In Major Way « CBS Philly

And that is what folks have been trying to tell the knuckleheads on this thread for several weeks now. It's fine if you want to run a non-profit operation--but in the world of profit business you are held to a different standard-----Thank God.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Let's get fundamentalists to the heart of the bigotry. In the following scenarios they will prove themselves either cowards by not replying, bigots by responding in the affirmative, or hypocritical by responding in the negative. In other words, here is their catch 22.

1. I am an emergency room trauma physician in a private city hospital when a young male arrives at the hospital critically beaten. His friend says a group of men beat him because he is homosexual. I refuse to provide him care because he is an abomination in God's sight.
I have acted on my own definition of religious freedom, and should be free to do so. Yes or no?
(This could be the same in a privately run "Emergency Care" facility.)

2. I am a bus driver for a city bus line. I see two men kiss at a bus stop and then one tries to board my bus. I tell him he can't board because he is gay and my religious freedom protects me from allowing him to board.
Correct? Yes or no?

3. I have a large clothing store and advertise openly, without restriction, for people to shop at my store. Two men holding hands come into my store, they "look" gay and try to buy some of my clothing. I refuse citing my religious freedom to not interact with homosexuals. I am within my "rights" even if I did not advertise that "we proudly serve the non-LGBT community." Correct? Yes or no?

When you state that SOME of these situations may be "public," please remember marriage is public. It has nothing to do with any church service anywhere in the United States. You simply want to foist a religious view on public life.
Why is this post being ignored by bible fundamentalists ? . Cherry picking your posts just like you do with the bible you say you believe in. What you do not realize is, this is the kind of question Jesus himself would have put to you knowing the attitude of you heart towards those you do not approve of. I say attitude of heart because there is nothing wrong with not approving of something,it is your attitude of heart that is in question, and it most certainly is not one of honoring God.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Sorry, but the polls show people aren't lying with regard to their desire to see people treated fairly..
You are free to support anything you want.

I will not be forced to dishonor God. The pizzeria owner wanted to honor God and tell the truth, and she was attacked for it by people like you. You are not treating her fairly.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:52 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:

3. Pay the consequences for not agreeing (or pretending to agree)

It reminds me of North Korea where everyone is required to cry when a leader dies.

Jesus command is the complete opposite of the LGBT demand: Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' It does not leave an option to lie, because it would dishonor God.

I have not prevented anyone from speaking out. I encourage it. I applaud it. When bigots come out into the sun light. We see who they are.

If I refused to make the cake for your fundamentalist wedding, I would be no better that the pizza maker.
I would not be complying with the law. God does not like your bigotry against the LGBT community.

You dishonor God. You use God to protect your bigotry. Jesus' command is clear. Do not discriminate against God's children, any of Gods children.

Those blessings you think are coming your way are Not from God.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-15-2015 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 04-15-2015, 06:33 AM

46 posts, read 80,092 times
Bible offers instructions on religion and business:

People's Forum: Bible offers instructions on religion and business - Elkhart Truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity