Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 02:58 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Birds of the same feather as the saying goes.
Jesus had a heart that also didn't bother to answer their trap gotcha questions either.
He DID answer their trap, gotcha questions with a good reason for backing off. I have not seen a good reason for backing off, only "Anything I answer honestly is going to make me look bad."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 03:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Darkness hates the light which perfectly explains why our truth is so hated by people like you.
People like me? You mean people who would have no trouble serving a delicious pizza at a wedding reception for a same-sex couple? Of course I would. I might even get my party-hearty on, go full-on Jesus and serve the best, most scrumptious, yummy pizza when everyone thinks there is no more.

Jesus did not teach us to say, "You. Not you." He gathered everyone together and, when he fed them, made sure there was enough for everyone.

The very fact that you want to stay huddled with people who share what you call "our truth" tells me to stay far, far away. Cults teach that stuff. Cult 101 is tell everyone "It's us against them and we know the 'truth'". Dangerous things, cults. They lead to nothing good.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-15-2015 at 03:20 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Jesus would have honored God by honoring and celebrating sin? Did He have sex with the prostitutes too? After all, they needed money.

Wow, what a twisted version of the gospel.
No, i never said that, Jesus had a wonderful capacity that all who follow his teachings have too, of looking beyond the outer and seeing the great worth of all individuals, he would have serviced them and gave them cake from heaven too, rather than spoken to them by the spirit from the pit of hell with judgement, condemnation, no tolerance , unforgiveness and no mercy.

It is a complete joke that bible fundamentalists hide behind the lie they are honoring God by being intolerant and indifferent to those they do not approve of. Jesus never went after anyone other than those who thought they were honoring God but who were actually dishonoring him and them he came to bring back to the Father.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, i never said that, .
Of course you didn't. It's hardly a secret that fundamentalists have no trouble twisting what non-fundamentalists say to make people look bad. Fear not. People see right through that nonsense.

BTW: I understand I've joined you on someone's "ignore" list. Wanna meet for pizza?

Old 04-15-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
People like me? You mean people who would have no trouble serving a delicious pizza at a wedding reception for a same-sex couple? Of course I would. I might even get my party-hearty on, go full-on Jesus and serve the best, most scrumptious, yummy pizza when everyone thinks there is no more.

Jesus did not teach us to say, "You. Not you." He gathered everyone together and, when he fed them, made sure there was enough for everyone.

The very fact that you want to stay huddled with people who share what you call "our truth" tells me to stay far, far away. Cults teach that stuff. Cult 101 is tell everyone "It's us against them and we know the 'truth'". Dangerous things, cults. They lead to nothing good.
Can you imagine the variety of folk at the feeding of the 5000?, God forbid he served bread and fish to any gays that might have been there.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you imagine the variety of folk at the feeding of the 5000?, God forbid he served bread and fish to any gays that might have been there.
Oh, I'm sure there were gays there. All sorts of people were there. I picture Jesus saying, "Welcome! Everyone is welcome! Move over, everyone ,and make room!" and having a big grin on his face because he knew he was going to pull off an awesome miracle and fill empty bellies.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Of course you didn't. It's hardly a secret that fundamentalists have no trouble twisting what non-fundamentalists say to make people look bad. Fear not. People see right through that nonsense.

BTW: I understand I've joined you on someone's "ignore" list. Wanna meet for pizza?
Delivery ? , but what if the pizza delivery guy is gay?, I know you can buy and tip, that way i am not dishonoring God.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:50 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not sure what "political terms" you are talking about, but what is under discussion is a law, another law that has the effect of circumventing that law and the various reactions to both laws.....all political.
The whole thing boils down to the simple fact that our society, for very good reason, has decided that it is not appropriate (to put it mildly) to discriminate against anyoine because of their sexuality. A law was passed that would have the effect of negating that basic perception under some circumstances (a law the lawmakers are backing off of posthaste btw). A Pizza shop owner was asked if she would break the original law, trusting on the second law to protect her, and she said she would. Some misguided activists took umbrage at her response and, depending on proof of their culpability, they are being punished for it.
This is what is being discussed. The second law clearly will not stand up under the circumstances stated and the shop owner would be in a position of doing what might be requested, or breaking the law and suffering the consequences. It is as simple as that.
Some people dispute the reasons for the law against discrimination. Fighting against removal of discrimination against classes of people is known as bigotry.
Amen, nate. That is the crux of the issue . . . discrimination . . . and the desire for it . . . bigotry. Unlawful discrimination is a hateful act and those who want to unlawfully discriminate ARE bigots . . .. NO MATTER what their motives are.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:34 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Quote:
Jesus would have honored God by honoring and celebrating sin? Did He have sex with the prostitutes too? After all, they needed money.

Wow, what a twisted version of the gospel.
Based on what the gospels state He would more likely have called fundamentalists "vipers" and told them to clear out.

On the other hand all of us sinners would be invited to supper. Jesus wasn't so picky about whom He dined with, therefore selling a cake or a pizza to homosexuals would have been right in His headlights.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen, nate. That is the crux of the issue . . . discrimination . . . and the desire for it . . . bigotry. Unlawful discrimination is a hateful act and those who want to unlawfully discriminate ARE bigots . . .. NO MATTER what their motives are.
And people who advocate to take away people's religious freedoms are BIGOTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity