Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 11:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,801,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Musn't frighten the fundies by insisting one has to be, and do good, in order to get on the Big Guy's good side.

They like the easy-peasy, just-say-the-words-n'-be-saved belief. No need for charity, kindness, empathy and all that crap.
Saying the words and serving the Lord humbly is the hard way, the narrow gate. Offering the word of the Lord is charity, kindness and compassion.

"Seek rightousness, seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Take note of who Jesus was speaking to in the gospels, seriously - take note.

To those who justified themselves by the law, He threw the law right back in their faces (Paul agreed - no one is justified by the law. Rom 3:20, Gal 2:16)

To those who had no hope but to be convicted by the law - even stoned - He DID NOT CONDEMN.

Quick lesson by the Holy Spirit in back to back chapters:

Luke 18, the rich young ruler bragged that he had kept all the law; Jesus used the law to crush the tight fisted guy.

Luke 19, Zacchaeus (the tax collector we would've all hated) WAS NOT CONDEMNED and after sitting in the King's presence declared, "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold."

The law makes people worse, grace sets people free - that's Paul message by the Holy Ghost.
Paul was speaking of the law of the Pharisees but the law of the Lord is not the same.

"Law will be sent from Zion and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."(Psalms)

Old 06-13-2015, 03:05 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,363,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Saying the words and serving the Lord humbly is the hard way, the narrow gate. Offering the word of the Lord is charity, kindness and compassion.

"Seek rightousness, seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way."
Let me know when this happens...

Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Let me know when this happens...
"The blessing of the Lord is on the house of the just. The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked."

Do you prefer the curse or the blessing?

Old 06-13-2015, 11:16 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,261,921 times
If Paul was a false teacher, the evidence would have to be almost insurmountable to overcome the vast evidence that he was not. Paul is woven throughout the New Testament, the Apostles, the first century church and Jesus. To extricate him would be pretty much an impossibility.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:36 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,183,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
If Paul was a false teacher, the evidence would have to be almost insurmountable to overcome the vast evidence that he was not. Paul is woven throughout the New Testament, the Apostles, the first century church and Jesus. To extricate him would be pretty much an impossibility.
Not impossible...

Old 06-13-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"The blessing of the Lord is on the house of the just. The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked."

Do you prefer the curse or the blessing?
What guarantee is there that either is a possibility? And how can anyone possibly predict what actions will produce which reaction?

No one can tell me with any certainty that doing this or that will bring a "blessing" any more than I could say doing that or this will bring a "curse."\
\
Would that be a gypsy curse?

Curses are no fun. They can ruin your life. You can remove a curse. I call the process Remove Curse or Reverse Curse. There are many kinds of curses from the everyday anger we project on someone or something else to the professionally constructed and projected curse from someone practicing black magic. Sometimes we do not even recognize we are cursing or that our own cursing is what most leaves us open to being cursed.

Remove Curses and Stop god-n-the-tiny-box people from trying to scare you.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:13 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,179,683 times
Only the people who Paul preaches/teaches against, are the ones who speak against Him.
Jesus made Him a disciple, nuff said. Good'enuf for me.

Jesus don't make mistakes, nor does He forget.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Only the people who Paul preaches/teaches against, are the ones who speak against Him.
Jesus made Him a disciple, nuff said. Good'enuf for me.

Jesus don't make mistakes, nor does He forget.
Jesus will remember what Paul has said against Him.

Jesus was long gone when Paul came along. All we have is Paul's word that he was "chosen" to be some pope-ish clown.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:21 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,183,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Remember, tares and wheat....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity