Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 02:24 AM

67 posts, read 54,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You probably meant to address this to the OP.
O sorry, I slipped. It is a blasphemy for me to performe well here as living in the Paradise. So please excuse my broken grammars and the actions out of the insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 03:19 PM

125 posts, read 92,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Maybe He is trying to tell me something like that, but I guess you aren't at liberty to recommend a type of church you think Jesus would really want me to go to.
Any church that preaches Jesus and the Word of God will do. Seek and you will find. Ask and it will be given. Give up anything in your life that will keep you from being close to Him. What good is the world if you lose your soul?

You should also read The Screwtape letters by CS Lewis. God and His Angels (messengers) speak to your mind and so do demons. Although, since Satan is not omniscient so he has to assign demons to whisper things to your mind. They do put things in your mind but one of the best lines that CS Lewis has in The Screwtape letters is that their best work is done by keeping things out of your mind. They would rather see you entertained by whatever is in front of you. The TV, Facebook, the phone, someone walking by, etc. As long as your thoughts don't turn towards God they're satisfied.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,262,139 times
Perhaps you have OCD?

Old 06-20-2015, 12:23 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
Any church that preaches Jesus and the Word of God will do. Seek and you will find. Ask and it will be given. Give up anything in your life that will keep you from being close to Him. What good is the world if you lose your soul?

You should also read The Screwtape letters by CS Lewis. God and His Angels (messengers) speak to your mind and so do demons. Although, since Satan is not omniscient so he has to assign demons to whisper things to your mind. They do put things in your mind but one of the best lines that CS Lewis has in The Screwtape letters is that their best work is done by keeping things out of your mind. They would rather see you entertained by whatever is in front of you. The TV, Facebook, the phone, someone walking by, etc. As long as your thoughts don't turn towards God they're satisfied.
You have no human adversary, when you're dead.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:56 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,387,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
The TV, Facebook, the phone, someone walking by, etc. As long as your thoughts don't turn towards God they're satisfied.

They would rather see you entertained by whatever is in front of you.The TV, Facebook, the phone, someone walking by, GOD etc. The great deception is seeking God everywhere but within, find him within and we see him in all.

There is no force or power outside of us working against us. As a man thinks in his heart,so is he.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:18 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,558,312 times
OP it sounds to me like you are suffering from scrupulosity and it is really messing with your mind. You are not alone. Here is a program on it and what can be done to see how destructive it can be. Seems the evil one is using this to turn you away from your faith.

This program is from the Catholic perspective but it is still a human problem we can all fall into at one time or another. I hope it helps you.

Scrupulosity | Catholic Answers#

Countering Scrupulosity | Catholic Answers

Click on listen.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I'm constantly haunted with the idea that I've blasphemed against God and committed the unpardonable sin as mentioned in Matthew 12:32. In fact, anxiety about this used to haunt me to the point of obsession. I don't really understand what went on. It was like the more I hated and feared it, the more it tormented me. I eventually stopped running and gave in to it. I said a sentence that I shouldn't have said, forgot what I said, and eventually couldn't do anything about it. It wasn't an innocent act. It was calculated folly. Since then, I've been very confused and have felt unable to count on my own spiritual senses. I've relied on other people heavily to tell me that everything is going to be okay, but I haven't been able to find God for myself at all.

True to form, I've also indulged in everything a good Christian should not, at least thought-wise. It's very easy for me to justify certain behaviors as fact-finding ventures, but it doesn't keep me from feeling guilty.

kmb----have you found any relief after listening to the audio I posted? It shows you others are in your shoes as well and are finding relief from their thoughts of guilt for sins they have committed. Now is not the time to turn your back of God or religion, it's time for learning how you can overcome your weaknesses and turn to the Lord to help you. He is there for all of us. God bless.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:44 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,594,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
kmb----have you found any relief after listening to the audio I posted? It shows you others are in your shoes as well and are finding relief from their thoughts of guilt for sins they have committed. Now is not the time to turn your back of God or religion, it's time for learning how you can overcome your weaknesses and turn to the Lord to help you. He is there for all of us. God bless.
Yes, it did help a little. I guess I need to stop doubting God and start trying to live my life.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, it did help a little. I guess I need to stop doubting God and start trying to live my life.
That's great!! Remember Jesus said He did not come into the world to condemn it, He came to save it. He will forgive all of our sins if we just ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity