Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 09:54 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,975,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Sorry but my one friend in high school who was homosexual did not die a few years out of high school just because he went to sleep beside another man. He told me quite a lot about his exploits. My other friend I mentioned today did not get HIV just by kissing another man or lying beside another man and going to sleep.

And just so you know, yes, God said it is not good for man to be alone. Then He created a woman, not another man, to fulfill Adam's loneliness.

Freddie Mercury, who in my estimation was one of the world's great singers, died of AIDS from doing it with other men. He didn't acquire AIDS just by looking at them or going to sleep beside another man.
And the point you are STILL avoiding is that the same thing is true of profligate heterosexual contacts and is no reason to condemn homosexual relations altogether any more that it is hetero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 09:59 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,684,277 times
Quote:
My male friend died from having sex with other males as did Freddie Mercury.

It was a cheap thrill. What can I say, especially when the drag queens came in and paraded around. There were lots of gay boys there also and gay men trying to pick up gay boys and gay boys trying to pick up gay men and gay men trying to pick up gay men. They weren't there just to have a drink. They were there for sex.

But this thread is about someone having gay feelings and if that person should fight them.
What he should ask is: "If I have gay feelings, what are the risks involved if I don't fight them."
First of all the OP is female, thereby making all of your advice and death rants moot. Straight bars have the same thing going on, sans the drag queens.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:02 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,022,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point you are STILL avoiding is that the same thing is true of profligate heterosexual contacts and is no reason to condemn homosexual relations altogether any more that it is hetero.
Oh, okay, if you say so.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:04 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,022,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
First of all the OP is female, thereby making all of your advice and death rants moot. Straight bars have the same thing going on, sans the drag queens.
To me "gay" is a male thing and "lesbian" is a female thing. So I thought due to using the term "gay" the poster was male.

Straight bars are not usually a man looking for a woman to have anal sex with.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,975,812 times
Quote:
Oh, okay, if you say so.
Which, basically means, "and I'm not going to address that point either, it doesn't fit my agenda."

Old 07-03-2015, 10:15 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,684,277 times
Quote:
To me "gay" is a male thing and "lesbian" is a female thing. So I thought due to using the term "gay" the poster was male.

Straight bars are not usually a man looking for a woman to have anal sex with.
The world according to Eusebius... Like I asked earlier, is the sky falling?

Old 07-03-2015, 10:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,814,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let me repeat, I was born an adulterer and a fornicator, because I wanted to have sex with as many girls as possible. I did not learn those desires, they were hard wired into my DNA. I am not making this up.

However, I am not using that hard-wiring as an excuse to justify those desires and make it look like it is morally proper to be an adulterer and a fornicator. The word of God is clear about adultery and fornication. It is sinful. I am not making an exception for myself saying it is ok because it was hard-wired into my DNA.

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God"
In other words, the "I was born that way" argument is irrelevant.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:00 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,446,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In other words, the "I was born that way" argument is irrelevant.
You were born a heterosexual, presumably. Did you feel that you needed to fight the attraction to women? Or just the excesses and unloving expressions of it?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:05 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,562,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You were born a heterosexual, presumably. Did you feel that you needed to fight the attraction to women? Or just the excesses and unloving expressions of it?
Given his post, I would say he struggled(struggles) with the excesses and unloving expressions. I find it suspect that the homophobic Christian think all homosexual relationships are all about sex. They have the same proportion of committed relationships as heterosexuals. Also, I think the divorce rate of same-sex marriages is much lower!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:07 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,751,584 times
Quote:
Sorry but my one friend in high school who was homosexual did not die a few years out of high school just because he went to sleep beside another man. He told me quite a lot about his exploits. My other friend I mentioned today did not get HIV just by kissing another man or lying beside another man and going to sleep.

And just so you know, yes, God said it is not good for man to be alone. Then He created a woman, not another man, to fulfill Adam's loneliness.

Freddie Mercury, who in my estimation was one of the world's great singers, died of AIDS from doing it with other men. He didn't acquire AIDS just by looking at them or going to sleep beside another man.
Tell us why women shouldn't all be lesbians. They have less STDs than anyone? Isn't God telling us something if disease is His weapon of choice?

Sorry, but this kind of reasoning is simply atrocious and idiotic.

But once they get MARRIED, then the institution demands some loyalty, no? You should be happy that gays no longer have to meet in bars.

Jim Nabors has been faithful to his partner for 38 years. Mel White to his for about 25-30. Those two celebrities have done better than many people in your own church, I suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity