Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 09:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No sweat, I'll just go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 09:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
I have heard of women who have sex with male animals. According to the arguments I hear, this is fine because no one is harmed.

There is more to morality than just saying "everything is moral as long as it does not hurt anyone".

Old 07-04-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have heard of women who have sex with male animals. According to the arguments I hear, this is fine because no one is harmed.

There is more to morality than just saying "everything is moral as long as it does not hurt anyone".
It's legal in 12 of your United States, including the great Christian state of Texas.

Maybe you and your fellow fundies should take a break from obsessing over homosexuals and see if you can stop those poor sheep and cows and dogs from being assaulted.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:56 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,901 times
Quote:

Then I am not sure which arguments you have heard because the vast majority of people arguing that things like SSM are ok are doing so on the basis of what is called "informed consent". Something no animal is capable of providing. So clearly the arguments you have been hearing, are different to the ones I have been reading.

So yes I wholly agree there is more to morality than simply saying it hurts no one. And "informed consent" is indeed one of those things. And the fact is no one has provided any moral arguments against the informed consent of two adults of the same sex engaging in sexual expression with one another.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Looked in the mirror lately?
Yes. You are welcome to your views, which differ from mine.

All I am doing is saying what I believe, and I get attacked for it.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Then I am not sure which arguments you have heard because the vast majority of people arguing that things like SSM are ok are doing so on the basis of what is called "informed consent". Something no animal is capable of providing. So clearly the arguments you have been hearing, are different to the ones I have been reading.

So yes I wholly agree there is more to morality than simply saying it hurts no one. And "informed consent" is indeed one of those things. And the fact is no one has provided any moral arguments against the informed consent of two adults of the same sex engaging in sexual expression with one another.
A male animal cannot be forced to perform sex acts, so why do you think they perform them? Are they hurt by it? Either way, it is just an example to show there is more to morality than saying "if it hurts no one, then its ok".

Someone said gays are born gay, and therefore their acts are moral, and I said I was born a liar, fornicator and an adulterer, but I do not use it to argue those acts are moral, or that I should be justified to satisfy those desires.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
A male animal cannot be forced to perform sex acts, so why do you think they perform them? Are they hurt by it? Either way, it is just an example to show there is more to morality than saying "if it hurts no one, then its ok".

Someone said gays are born gay, and therefore their acts are moral, and I said I was born a liar, fornicator and an adulterer, but I do not use it to argue those acts are moral, or that I should be justified to satisfy those desires.
You're naive.

Of course a male animal can be forced (or trained) to perform sex acts. They are manually or orally stimulated first.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:

Ok, you may have been born a liar, but please speak for yourself. I will believe what the psalimist said, that i am reverently and wonderfully made. So for those of us who believe we are reverently and wonderfully made made, your poor analogy will not work on us, It may just work on the vulnerable,gullible, fearful and those who cannot think for themselves

Last edited by pcamps; 07-04-2015 at 10:38 AM..

Old 07-04-2015, 10:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Let me repeat, I was born an adulterer and a fornicator, because I wanted to have sex with as many girls as possible. I did not learn those desires, they were hard wired into my DNA. I am not making this up.

However, I am not using that hard-wiring as an excuse to justify those desires and make it look like it is morally proper to be an adulterer and a fornicator. The word of God is clear about adultery and fornication. It is sinful. I am not making an exception for myself saying it is ok because it was hard-wired into my DNA.

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God"
Quote:
In other words, the "I was born that way" argument is irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You were born a heterosexual, presumably. Did you feel that you needed to fight the attraction to women? Or just the excesses and unloving expressions of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Given his post, I would say he struggled(struggles) with the excesses and unloving expressions. I find it suspect that the homophobic Christian think all homosexual relationships are all about sex. They have the same proportion of committed relationships as heterosexuals. Also, I think the divorce rate of same-sex marriages is much lower!
Right. Finn is comparing apples and oranges here.

He agrees, I assume, that he was "born that way" in the case of being attracted to the opposite sex, but makes no effort to deny that attraction. He expects those who are born with a same-gender sexual orientation to accept that the sexual orientation they were born with is immoral, while his different-gender orientation is not.

You're mixing things up here, Finn. The valid "born that way" equivalency here is between your natural attraction to the opposite gender, and other people's attraction to the same gender.

The other valid comparison/equivalency would be between your desire to express your natural attraction to the opposite gender in excessive/unloving ways, and someone whose natural attraction to the same gender includes a desire to express that attraction in excessive/unloving ways.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:42 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
I would have to agree in the case of male animals, I doubt that there is moral harm to them. The question then iswhether there is harm to the person involved and I wonder if satisfaction of those impulses may not be. In any case, informed consent is appropriate for human interaction and that is what we are dealing with. Speculation in other areas is a red herring.
Quote:
No one said that their acts are moral because they are born gay, we have said that their acts are not necessarily immoral just because they are gay. There is a world of difference and no one from the conservative side has demonstated why a homosexual relationship is different in that regard from a heterosexual one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity