Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 12:20 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times

Advertisements

Sodomy is a sin that screams to Heaven.
Your guardian angel cries for the fate of your soul if you commit homosexual acts.
Your ancestors look away and cannot bear it for they know what happens after death
to those who abuse their bodies and the bodies of others.
Do not allow the devils to have their way with your soul. It's not worth it!
Rather, repent and allow the true joy of letting your body be a dwelling of the
Holy Spirit so that it may be raised and counted among those in Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 12:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Fundamental Christianity essentially claims that Jesus is offering the opportunity to dismiss love as the basis for your relationship with God and your fellow human beings, and instead use a biased interpretation of a collection of old books as the foundation. I'll take new age cool-aid over that poison every time.
They have substituted true love for their man-made penalty box (s).
Often times, called the Sin-bin, and in many cases; outright expulsion.

Kool-aid has zero calories, as opposed to the fat of slaughtered rams.
Where the blood is splashed against the sides of the altar in the name
of peace?

The blood of Christ did not cover their sin; it exposed them!

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-05-2015 at 12:43 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 01:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Your guardian angel cries for the fate of your soul if you commit homosexual acts.
Your ancestors look away and cannot bear it for they know what happens after death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkB-VQviLI

Old 07-05-2015, 01:33 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Where in Genesis does homosexuality get a mention?

The sin that was EXCEEDINGLY GRIEVOUS was written in Ezekiel.. WHY does the evangelical brain continue to see Genesis as SEXUAL IMMORALITY when there is NO mention of SEX, or CARNAL activity at all???

The “Sin of Sodom” is described as “carnal sin against nature, which is a voluntary shedding of the seed of nature, out of the due use of marriage, or lust with a different sex.”

WRONG!

Ezekiel tells us what the sin of Sodom was--

"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

Just say NO to the 21st century PHARISEES, aka EVANGELICAL FUNDIES

Old 07-05-2015, 03:26 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
People can't come up with any reason why sex within a same gender marriage would be harmful or unloving, so they resort to the idea that God arbitrarily decided that homosexuality is a sin. But they also can't explain how such a thing could be offensive to God or create a problem for someone in their relationship to God or others. They resort to "the bible says so" when the few verses that are used as proof texts are either based on the translation of an obscure word, or reading their preconceived ideas into the passages. One has to wonder why, against all reason or spiritual sense, they feel the need to hang onto those preconceived ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is funny how these anti homosexual threads go quiet when such great challenging posts are made. I hope this post keeps being brought up to the last page.
Currently posted in 3 of those threads....let's see what the impact is.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They lost that loving feeling

Old 07-05-2015, 04:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Without mentioning names, you would think those posters who are militantly anti homosexual( in the same spirit of the Westboro Baptist Church)and have made scores of posts on any thread where homosexuality is mentioned would have chimed in with their two cents by now.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
At least you admit spamming the board with same posts be they on topic or not. I have not participarted on the other ones, and therefore didn't see them, so I did not report the spamming, but I would not be surprised if some one else does. Personally I went to great lengths yesterday to explain my view on why there is a problem with the new age belief of "if it feels good, and if it doesn't hurt anyone, then it's OK". There is no need to repeat it. I do not expect everyone to agree with my views, so we can agree to disagree.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
At least you admit spamming the board with same posts be they on topic or not. I have not participarted on the other ones, and therefore didn't see them, so I did not report the spamming, but I would not be surprised if some one else does. Personally I went to great lengths yesterday to explain my view on why there is a problem with the new age belief of "if it feels good, and if it doesn't hurt anyone, then it's OK". There is no need to repeat it. I do not expect everyone to agree with my views, so we can agree to disagree.
Why that be mighty nice of yous..

Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In each of those threads, the double post is a specific and very cogent answer to points that a poster has made. The fact that the same answer is appropriate to essentially the same assertion in three threads does not make it spamming, it is only a testimony to the same litany of excuses for actual thought that we keep hearing, and which your assertion is again by virtue of the fact that it does not address points made in those posrs.

"Agree to disagree" might do in an area where no harm is being done by one of the views, but it can't be allowed to stand where ther is harm in the real world and not just in the imaginations of those who think they know what God wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity