Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 09:04 PM

11 posts, read 7,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No it doesn't...As long as Christians keep claiming it's religion as an offshoot of Judaism, it belongs here...
Catholics don't claim such things. I'm definitely not a Jew and neither was the Christ. It's just sad how some Christian denominations have Hitler guilt and patronize a Jewish Poster because they are too ashamed to admit annoyance.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomCom34 View Post
Catholics don't claim such things. I'm definitely not a Jew and neither was the Christ. It's just sad how some Christian denominations have Hitler guilt and patronize a Jewish Poster because they are too ashamed to admit annoyance.
Seriously? So why do they call it a "New Covenant?" That sort of presumes an old one, no?

Old 07-09-2015, 09:50 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Seriously? So why do they call it a "New Covenant?" That sort of presumes an old one, no?
I am always surprised to see this kind of anti-Semitism among those who claim to follow Christ, nate. Christ was a Jew. What about that do these people not get???

Old 07-10-2015, 02:55 AM

1,422 posts, read 952,148 times
Quote:
No it doesn't...As long as Christians keep claiming it's religion as an offshoot of Judaism, it belongs here...
Yes. In all rightness this is correct. Christians have for too long now dominated the subject of 'what Jews are' and 'what G()D is' as 'interpreted' from Hebrew sources.

Not that those calling themselves 'Jews' are altogether agreeing with each other, but they do seem to agree on this.

I think 'The Jews' have a right to be heard in a Christian Forum, if not for any other reason that the data they provide might be useful to have access to and compare with...

Old 07-10-2015, 03:06 AM

Default Sub Clauses...

On The Subject of G-d

To know that G-d exists

I would say it is possible. How is one to know though?

Not to entertain the idea that there is any god but the Eternal

How can one entertain the idea of G()D without thinking of the eternal?

Not to blaspheme the penalty for which is death.

Vague. Everyone dies. Even the most pious.

To hallow G-d's name

Which name would that be?

Not to profane G-d's name

Same as the one prior...same question needing to be answered.

To know that G-d is One, a complete Unity

This would suggest that G()D is all and every...

To love G-d

Thus to love all.

To fear Him reverently

When did G()D become a 'he'?

Not to put the word of G-d to the test

Define 'word of G()D' How is it that this 'word' is able to be put to the test? If it is able to be put to the test, it should be able to stand up to the test.

To imitate His good and upright ways

Define 'good' and 'upright' in relation to this idea of G()D.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Are you Catholic?...

Old 07-10-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Linky since some people here don't know what they are

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_co...onides.27_list
Thanks, Pruzh...But I doubt people here will read it...

Old 07-10-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Pruzh...But I doubt people here will read it...
Hey Richard - depending on the levels of personal honesty and integrity, what folk find very difficult to accept is whatever they perceives to be an 'attack' on their 'offence'.

You are not immune to this yourself.

Adjust your integrity zone to better understand this and you will find yourself no longer in the feigned postilion of defending your beliefs.

The down side to this advice is that the kind of G()D you give your belief to, prohibits you from examining 'Him' and perhaps finding things out abut 'Him' you would rather not know...

*cunning as!*

What is perhaps the most saddest part about that whole process is that billions of others are likewise prohibited, not all of them agreeing with each other on most things, but certainly on this thing, they all give the *nod*.

Just to be clear, this is not even a criticism, or attack against your beliefs (whatever they may be) but rather a simple enough observation...perhaps I have that wrong? You can indeed question "Him."?

If so, please forgive me my ignorance while you understand that the first lines of the 615 give me the impression that no one and none are allowed to question this G()D.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:29 PM

615 easy steps to finally encounter G()D... 'How to get into G()Ds good books...
Judaism for dummies
Step One. "To know that G-d exists " (see all other steps for more details)

Anyone can say they 'know' G()D exists. There is no real standard as to 'what G()D is' which is accepted unconditionally as 'G()D', and it is simply not enough to take the word of those who give their support to the Abrahamic ideas of (G)od because those ideas are too odd, although I would say that compared to Judaism and Islam Christianity and Jesus trump those other two extremes.

The very important thing to remember is that these three proclaim to come from the one source but that one source is too different to be acknowledged as the One Entity.

The Hebrews themselves formulated and organised regulation around the concept of One God from more ancient sources which altogether became 'the one source' but only according to them.

They place far too much between an individual and G()D as to make it quite impractical for the average human being to achieve...of course all three of these religions do.

Spiritual people know that there are far better ways to engage with 'G()D' than the religious standards impose upon those who choose to believe such things and give the support and energy of their beliefs to those things.

Spiritual Humans know that 'G()D' cannot be so easily 'explained'.

But such is a matter for spiritual forums, not religious ones...

A Jew coming into a Christian forum as you have done Richard, and presenting this data is really asking Christians to fall deeper into the hole that the spiritually awakening understand is something which needs to be climbed out of...or more likely 'flown out of'...metaphorically speaking...

...That was what Jesus was all about...warts and all...

Old 07-11-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
615 easy steps to finally encounter G()D... 'How to get into G()Ds good books...
Judaism for dummies
Step One. "To know that G-d exists " (see all other steps for more details)

Anyone can say they 'know' G()D exists. There is no real standard as to 'what G()D is' which is accepted unconditionally as 'G()D', and it is simply not enough to take the word of those who give their support to the Abrahamic ideas of (G)od because those ideas are too odd, although I would say that compared to Judaism and Islam Christianity and Jesus trump those other two extremes.

The very important thing to remember is that these three proclaim to come from the one source but that one source is too different to be acknowledged as the One Entity.

The Hebrews themselves formulated and organised regulation around the concept of One God from more ancient sources which altogether became 'the one source' but only according to them.

They place far too much between an individual and G()D as to make it quite impractical for the average human being to achieve...of course all three of these religions do.

Spiritual people know that there are far better ways to engage with 'G()D' than the religious standards impose upon those who choose to believe such things and give the support and energy of their beliefs to those things.

Spiritual Humans know that 'G()D' cannot be so easily 'explained'.

But such is a matter for spiritual forums, not religious ones...

A Jew coming into a Christian forum as you have done Richard, and presenting this data is really asking Christians to fall deeper into the hole that the spiritually awakening understand is something which needs to be climbed out of...or more likely 'flown out of'...metaphorically speaking...

...That was what Jesus was all about...warts and all...
Hey, and you are entitled to your opinion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity