Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 05:05 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
As Jesus told His followers; "As the Father sent me so I send you. Go and make disciples of all the nation's baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."

Notice He sent them to all people.

"As the Father sent me" ~ it speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 05:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
As Jesus told His followers; "As the Father sent me so I send you. Go and make disciples of all the nation's baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."

Notice He sent them to all people.
And he commanded them to observe the Torah...

Old 07-11-2015, 06:16 PM

92 posts, read 163,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Funny how it was Peter that was to take the Gospel to the Nations...
Peter opened the door to Cornelius a Gentile only.

That is because Gentiles were to become Jews or join there selves to Israel, not the other way around...
they didn't go to the Gentiles because they were only offering the physical kingdom to the Jews.

It says nothing about the last Jew...It just says Gentile...
there is neither Jew or Gentile in this dispensation we are all onein Christ's spiritual kingdom

So Paul had his OWN Gospel?...
yes Richard.Paul had his own gospel given to him by revelation from the risen Jesus.

In Galatians chapter 2. When they saw that the gospel of the un-circumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter. In verse seven we see the two Gospels.

Born-again Jerry

Old 07-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrydb View Post
yes Richard.Paul had his own gospel given to him by revelation from the risen Jesus.

In Galatians chapter 2. When they saw that the gospel of the un-circumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter. In verse seven we see the two Gospels.

Born-again Jerry
Nope...Peter was chosen as the apostle to the nations...

Old 07-11-2015, 06:25 PM

92 posts, read 163,122 times
Quote:
Funny how it was Peter that was to take the Gospel to the Nations...

That is because Gentiles were to become Jews or join there selves to Israel, not the other way around...

It says nothing about the last Jew...It just says Gentile...

So Paul had his OWN Gospel?...
Quote:
Nope...Peter was chosen as the apostle to the nations...
Richard show that to me in scripture if you can.

Born-again Jerry

Old 07-11-2015, 07:35 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
And he commanded them to observe the Torah...
By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:43 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:

Born-again Jerry
No. In John 17 Jesus gave His words to those who keep them and accept them. He sent them as He was sent same mission and glory.

Paul was not sent by Jesus because Jesus would not have sent different messages and Paul did not have and use the words Jesus spoke.

Jesus true followers use His words and continue in His word.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty. The water I give shall be like a fountain inside him springing up to provide eternal life.

I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned.
Do what?...

Old 07-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Born-again Jerry
You come here questioning me and don't know your scriptures?...Acts 15...

Old 07-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Born-again Jerry

Act 15:7 and there having been much disputing, Peter having risen up said unto them, `Men, brethren, ye know that from former days, God among us did make choice, through my mouth, for the nations to hear the word of the good news, and to believe;

There ya go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity