Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 07:40 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
My faith is not in the bible, but in the person Jesus Christ the bible speaks of and the Holy Spirit Jesus provide believers to be taught God's will.
A promise God made in Jeremiah 31;31,32,33,34,
A promise that those as unbelievers, will never know for them self.
Yet you do a 180 turn and quote the bible to support your faith? Watz up wit dat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
(Un)Christians - Why are You on the Christianity Forum?
Well, the question was asked, and while the attackers have not answer the question why they do it, they have certainly exposed themselves as accusers of the brethren.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,798,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It seems we have a few members punching below the belt when a Christian states what they believe, and then gives scripture to support their viewpoints.

This seems to be unethical conduct, and not something that should interrupt communication between Christians (and others) who come here for reasons other than to combat people's faith.

If you don't believe the Bible (pick a translation), then you're wasting your time & bandwidth trying to challenge people's faith for the sake of your entertainment.

To define: Christian (n, pn) A person who believes God the Father has sent His Son Jesus Christ to take away the sins of the world, apart from man's efforts.
I'm an atheist. I don't participate in the Christianity forum much because I really don't care what anyone believes that god said.

When I do weigh in, it's because

1) someone is talking about archeology or history, and I'm interested in the subject at hand

or

2) someone is making the case that what (some) christians believe about something (say, SSM) ought to be enforced by the government.

Doctrine? Meh.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,341,755 times
A similar question was asked a couple of months ago.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, the question was asked, and while the attackers have not answer the question why they do it, they have certainly exposed themselves as accusers of the brethren.
Apparently reading has joined your other comprehension issues.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You're using the TaNaKh, I'm using the bible - apples and oranges. Does your TaNaKh have a record of the old testament as we see in the bible? I'm trying to speak a language that you'll understand.
And where do you think the idea of G-d came from?...Out of someone's butt?...It came from the TaNaKh...The COT is an adulterated version of the TaNaKh...IOW, the TaNaKh came first, men recorded what G-d said, in Hebrew on the Sefer Torah, then the westerners turned around and said, "no,no,no, G-d didn't say that, He said this."...They took an Eastern religion and Westernized it and bastardized it...

Why don't you just go buy a TaNaKh and see for yourself...

Old 07-16-2015, 09:21 PM

1,422 posts, read 953,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Citations please.

1: Who are these 'attackers you are referring to. Names.

2: There has been plenty of reason given by posters as to 'why' they 'are on the Christian Forum'

Old 07-16-2015, 09:26 PM

1,422 posts, read 953,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And where do you think the idea of G-d came from?...Out of someone's butt?...I
It is an anceint concept - way more ancient than any tribe regulated tweakings...

Quote:
it came from the TaNaKh...
Fabrication. The idea of G()D came from the gods...even the idea of the chief G()D came from the gods.

But even looking at it from the pov that their are actually no G()Ds in reality, the idea is far older than the self ordained so-called 'chosen people' of G()D.

Wake up Richard. The time for sleeping is over...

Old 07-16-2015, 10:20 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,406,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
It is an anceint concept - way more ancient than any tribe regulated tweakings...

Fabrication. The idea of G()D came from the gods...even the idea of the chief G()D came from the gods.

But even looking at it from the pov that their are actually no G()Ds in reality, the idea is far older than the self ordained so-called 'chosen people' of G()D.

Wake up Richard. The time for sleeping is over...
I think Richard was refer to the Jewish or Christian God

Old 07-16-2015, 10:26 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I think Richard was refer to the Jewish or Christian God
Yea...That's my reference point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity