Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 05:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
That's a false statement. Stop posting nonsense if you are tired of it.
What did Jesus write ?.
Actually come to think of it, the scriptures do say he wrote something in the ground. Ashes to ashes dust to dust....... he wrote a ticket in the heart of everyone who had something from the ground in their hands. Let's just say the fine fit the offense. What do you mean it was the woman caught in adultery not us............woman where are they that are slapping a fine on you ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-01-2015 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 05:23 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I blew my top 20 years ago when i found out that they were rehearsing a school play which promoted meditation at the infant school my daughter attended and was going to be part of. If that is what i was like 20 years ago, hell knows what i would be like today if i had not been saved from fundamentalism......

Isn't it just absolutely amazing what God can really do when we LISTEN, I mean REALLY listen to Him..

I wonder if the evangelical fundie knows what it is like to have the Holy Spirit / God's essence DANCE in their soul? When I read the above ^^^^^^^and how far some of us have come, I absolutely understand how David felt when he danced "out of his clothes" before the Lord and when he said he would HUMILIATE HIMSELF again for the honor of and pleasure of DANCING and CELEBRATING what God had and would do for him--and it has NOTHING to do with WEALTH or STATUS...

Thinking back at all the anger and hate I had for ANYTHING that was outside the KJV and the mainstream church (mainstream being those of authority like DOBSON, MACAUTHUR, MCGHEE, --now I am forgetting the others who dominated christian radio in the early 1980s through the mid 1990s...and how I treated others who even remotely questioned MY THEOLOGY--which I was sure was the ONLY theology to have....

Then, somehow in someway, God kicked me in the teeth and if any thing Paul has ever written--I swear I heard these word--

He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "ZMAN, ZMAN, why do you persecute me?" Only He wasn't quite as PC as that..BECAUSE I KNEW BETTER, yet I took the easy way out..by following the teachings of MAN and not JESUS...

And I was dumbfounded...Surely it was the "devil" masquerading...

But I did as I was taught, and TESTED THE SPIRIT, and realized Jesus had found me SERIOUSLY DEFICIENT in reality and LOVE.

I then set out on my own pilgrimage by going to college, then Madison, and Boulder and into the world of juvenile corrections..

I have never looked back with ANY sense of regret and since I had my butt kicked that day by the HS, I have seen what LOVE does and how lives are changed through LOVE, just as Jesus changed the WORLD that day, high atop that hill with the same four letters---one in each hand and foot---LOVE is what lead him to the cross, LOVE is what held Him to that cross, and LOVE is what took him down from that cross..

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 08-01-2015 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-01-2015, 05:43 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Transcendental meditation convulsions is not of any faith through Jesus or His spirit , but come from serpents of fallen angels and gland disruptor demons which is abuse of the flesh , any other things like ponder on the Word of God or excessive devotions of excessive praying in the spirit may be part of the flesh if taken to far ...... See people can go into a closet and pray to God in private , but should caste down spirits through Jesus blood that disrupt the prayers ..............Some church make laws that make people meditate in quiet or force people to raise their hands or they cannot have faith , but Jesus acknowledges that self determination is important and that most people are different in their expression , ...........still people need to discern what spirit they attract and call on the Lord to discern them and take the authority of the believer and remove the spirits of the world , as entertaining the wrong spirit is sin

Old 08-01-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Transcendental meditation convulsions is not of any faith through Jesus or His spirit , but come from serpents of fallen angels and gland disruptor demons which is abuse of the flesh , any other things like ponder on the Word of God or excessive devotions of excessive praying in the spirit may be part of the flesh if taken to far ...... See people can go into a closet and pray to God in private , but should caste down spirits through Jesus blood that disrupt the prayers ..............Some church make laws that make people meditate in quiet or force people to raise their hands or they cannot have faith , but Jesus acknowledges that self determination is important and that most people are different in their expression , ...........still people need to discern what spirit they attract and call on the Lord to discern them and take the authority of the believer and remove the spirits of the world , as entertaining the wrong spirit is sin
PLEASE, read my post above and go towards the light of REAL JESUS....

Old 08-01-2015, 06:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Isn't it just absolutely amazing what God can really do when we LISTEN, I mean REALLY listen to Him..

I wonder if the evangelical fundie knows what it is like to have the Holy Spirit / God's essence DANCE in their soul? When I read the above ^^^^^^^and how far some of us have come, I absolutely understand how David felt when he danced "out of his clothes" before the Lord and when he said he would HUMILIATE HIMSELF again for the honor of and pleasure of DANCING and CELEBRATING what God had and would do for him--and it has NOTHING to do with WEALTH or STATUS...

Thinking back at all the anger and hate I had for ANYTHING that was outside the KJV and the mainstream church (mainstream being those of authority like DOBSON, MACAUTHUR, MCGHEE, --now I am forgetting the others who dominated christian radio in the early 1980s through the mid 1990s...and how I treated others who even remotely questioned MY THEOLOGY--which I was sure was the ONLY theology to have....

Then, somehow in someway, God kicked me in the teeth and if any thing Paul has ever written--I swear I heard these word--

He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "ZMAN, ZMAN, why do you persecute me?" Only He wasn't quite as PC as that..BECAUSE I KNEW BETTER, yet I took the easy way out..by following the teachings of MAN and not JESUS...

And I was dumbfounded...Surely it was the "devil" masquerading...

But I did as I was taught, and TESTED THE SPIRIT, and realized Jesus had found me SERIOUSLY DEFICIENT in reality and LOVE.

I then set out on my own pilgrimage by going to college, then Madison, and Boulder and into the world of juvenile corrections..

I have never looked back with ANY sense of regret and since I had my butt kicked that day by the HS, I have seen what LOVE does and how lives are changed through LOVE, just as Jesus changed the WORLD that day, high atop that hill with the same four letters---one in each hand and foot---LOVE is what lead him to the cross, LOVE is what held Him to that cross, and LOVE is what took him down from that cross..
Yep, i had an hang on moment, it is me who is of the devil, it was the beginning of the end of camps the fundy.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yep, i had an hang on moment, it is me who is of the devil, it was the beginning of the end of camps the fundy.
THIS is the real revelation...once we accept this, we are then capable of FREEING ourselves from fundie oppression...

Old 08-01-2015, 08:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is the argument that meditation is NOT christian? If so seriously? Why wouldn't meditation be a valid part of christianity / spirituality?

And for 40 days and nights in the desert, Jesus did what? HE MEDITATED!!
I am speaking of a meditation that some say they have felt God's presence when doing so. Jesus spoke of meditating on the word of God.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:22 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
People kept the words alive by word of mouth. Just because what was written down years later does not mean it is inaccurate nor does it mean it was not written down but then copied.
How many sermons from 40 years ago do you suppose would have accurately been kept by word of mouth over that course of time? Would YOU trust such a system to be inerrantly accurate today? The truth is, when you quote the words of Jesus, you have to take it entirely on faith that Jesus ever actually said any such thing.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:11 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
I am speaking of a meditation that some say they have felt God's presence when doing so. Jesus spoke of meditating on the word of God.
Who would not want to feel God's presence as a result of meditating on the 'things of God' ? How could you find a problem with that? Are you afraid of the word "meditate"? Doesn't it simply mean to "think on" or "focus on". How else can we invite God's presence in without meditating on all the good and wonderful things of him and blocking out the negative?

Old 08-02-2015, 12:13 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
How many sermons from 40 years ago do you suppose would have accurately been kept by word of mouth over that course of time? Would YOU trust such a system to be inerrantly accurate today? The truth is, when you quote the words of Jesus, you have to take it entirely on faith that Jesus ever actually said any such thing.
Not the same as back then. They had it down to a science because they had to. When it came to spiritual people the word was sacred so they were very careful to keep it alive and accurate. They couldn't write so they kept it alive by speaking it. I believe what is written that Jesus said is accurate because I use it and it proves itself to those who keep it.

"I came down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me."

"Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching namely whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity