Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Nothing is more miserably than spending an eternity in hell. God's job on earth is to legitimately bring as many souls as possible from being captive in hell. He knows well that the Canaanites will wind up in hell, so He allows the Jews to kill the Canaanites for their own survival before their enemies can wipe out Israel. The survival of Israel thus bring in the salvation of later humans.

The Shepherd killed the wolves, bearing a bad name among the wolves, however saved the millions of sheep.
A God who permits 98% of His creation to land in hell in torment for all eternity is a God so incompetent He doesn't deserve worship from anyone nor does He deserve to be running this universe. Fundamentalists like yourself have the absolute chutzpah---where you get it from I'd hardly dare venture to guess, satan probably---to insist that "God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves to hell", a whitewash of God's evil actions if ever I heard one.

Jesus supposedly undergirds this notion with his, "Broad is the broad that leads to destruction and narrow is the road that leads to life" tripe. That philosophy is one of THE major reasons people are dropping out of Christianity like flies just sprayed with a healthy dose of bug spray, which is why I wouldn't trust a word attributed to Jesus in the gospels by the crank writers who wrote them. I give Jesus far more credit for not being dumb enough to say something that stupid, knowing that it would cause this great fall-away 2000 years later from the faith he was trying to establish.

If God is that incompetent that He isn't capable of saving His own creation from satan then why did He create us in the first place???? He creates us knowing the vast majority of us are going to hell, gives most of us no opportunity to hear this gospel of Jesus and then throws the responsibility on our shoulders to figure it all out or else!

William Lane Craig once had the temerity to actually say, "I believe that every person who ever lived had the opportunity in some manner of hear the gospel of Jesus and decide to accept or reject it. Therefore ALL will be held accountable before the judgment seat of God." Can you imagine a more harebrained statement than that? Again just a total whitewash of something that is God's responsibility, not our. And that, in a nutshell, is what is wrong with the Christianity of today and why every level-headed thinking person should reject Christianity, at least until its leaders get their act together doctrinally.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 10-08-2015 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 10:18 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Zechariah 9:8:

This is God talking to Zechariah circa 550 BC during the Babylonian captivity. God makes an ironclad promise to Israel that after their captivity is over God will never allow another nation to oppress Israel. You can see it in black and white.

500 years later circa 50 BC Israel is overrun by the Roman empire. In a nutshell, God promises and God doesn't keep His promise.

Is anyone reading this verse differently than I am?
Israel is currently being messed with by "Palestine", so yea. It did say however that God was jealous, and allowed them to be conquered whenever they went against God or worshiped other gods.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Israel is currently being messed with by "Palestine", so yea. It did say however that God was jealous, and allowed them to be conquered whenever they went against God or worshiped other gods.
Did you ever stop to consider that a God who can feel the negative human emotion of jealousy so strongly at someone that He has to kick their butt several times to revenge Himself against them is simply a God totally invented by backwater barbarians?

Picture your girlfriend breaking up with you, so in a fit of jealousy you buy a gun and shoot the guy. Is this the kind of God you want to call "Father"?

Old 10-08-2015, 11:30 AM

598 posts, read 357,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Interpolations...

It said it would be given to another NATION...Not an organization...
BLB definition listed below for "ethos' Strongs #1484 was a word Paul used to descibe gentile Christians !!

a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together
a company, troop, swarm
a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus
the human family
a tribe, nation, people group
in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles
Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians

BTW the name Israel means God's firstborn son and to fulfill the scriptures Jesus went to Egypt as a child

Exo 4:22
And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn

Hos 11:1
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

Mat 2:15
And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son

Either the Bible lies as said in the OP or we need to look much deeper to find the truth. The northern ten tribes that made up "OT Israel" were given a writ of divorce, kicked out of the land long before Judea and Benjamin were carted off to Babylon after the fall of Jerusalem,

When OT Israel left the land they left as dark haired dark skinned persons who went north to area of Russia ands Europe. God never called them back to the land and it is against the law of God for a man to take back a wife whom he has divorced

Jer 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

What is called Israel today has absolutely nothing to do with OT Israel who if they wanted any hope for legitimacy with Biblical Judaism they would have taken either the name of Benjamin or Judea who God did call back. However they were over-run by the Romans multiple times so the OP verse cannot be describing them

Truth is the Body of Christ AKA the church is who the latter day prophecies to Israel in the OT are for. When they return to worshipping God in truth the SAME as the church of the apostles did when they were at the helm, is when God will guard against anyone ever harming the body of His firstborn son ever again.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:00 PM

689 posts, read 549,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
A God who permits 98% of His creation to land in hell in torment for all eternity is a God so incompetent He doesn't deserve worship from anyone nor does He deserve to be running this universe. Fundamentalists like yourself have the absolute chutzpah---where you get it from I'd hardly dare venture to guess, satan probably---to insist that "God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves to hell", a whitewash of God's evil actions if ever I heard one.
The narrow gate percentage is about right if you are willing to realistically consider who will survive in an eternity with a God who is incompatible with sin. It's all about a standard, numbers have no bearing when a standard is applied. The law is the law. if 98% of people in your home town choose to rape and kill, it won't make it more legal to do so.

Moreover, the estimation is that 1/3 of humans on earth are believers of Jesus Christ in one way or another. Less than 10% humans are completely without a religion at all. So possibly it's you who are in the minority group instead of the followers of Christ.

Moreover, don't get the message wrong. We are not talking about how to judge people to hell. We are trying to remind people how to better secure their own life in the case that life continues after the physical death.

Last edited by Hawkins; 10-08-2015 at 12:13 PM..

Old 10-08-2015, 12:23 PM

96 posts, read 45,118 times
Yes God never forget the Israel
But Israel is reaped (cultivated) wrath in some times due to Israels consequences only..
God never broken the oath to Israel
God is waiting to restore Israel in all ..

Old 10-08-2015, 03:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Go read the covenants that G-d made with Israel for better clarification...

God sent--Jesus to save Israel--they rejected the arrangement. No one is saved without Jesus' sacrifice. He was their way to come back to God. He still is.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God sent--Jesus to save Israel--they rejected the arrangement.
No, they did not...Those that he was sent to responded positively...They were the ones that made up the early assemblies...IOW, they were all Jews...

Quote:
No one is saved without Jesus' sacrifice. He was their way to come back to God. He still is.
He was a prophet, he said so himself...,He showed the way...You have to choose to walk it...

According to Jeremiah 31 Israel is STILL G-d's Chosen People...You just can't get around it...

Old 10-08-2015, 04:23 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
BLB definition listed below for "ethos' Strongs #1484 was a word Paul used to descibe gentile Christians !!

a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together
a company, troop, swarm
a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus
the human family
a tribe, nation, people group
in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles
Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians

BTW the name Israel means God's firstborn son and to fulfill the scriptures Jesus went to Egypt as a child

Exo 4:22
And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn

Hos 11:1
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

Mat 2:15
And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son

Either the Bible lies as said in the OP or we need to look much deeper to find the truth. The northern ten tribes that made up "OT Israel" were given a writ of divorce, kicked out of the land long before Judea and Benjamin were carted off to Babylon after the fall of Jerusalem,

When OT Israel left the land they left as dark haired dark skinned persons who went north to area of Russia ands Europe. God never called them back to the land and it is against the law of God for a man to take back a wife whom he has divorced

Jer 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

What is called Israel today has absolutely nothing to do with OT Israel who if they wanted any hope for legitimacy with Biblical Judaism they would have taken either the name of Benjamin or Judea who God did call back. However they were over-run by the Romans multiple times so the OP verse cannot be describing them

Truth is the Body of Christ AKA the church is who the latter day prophecies to Israel in the OT are for. When they return to worshipping God in truth the SAME as the church of the apostles did when they were at the helm, is when God will guard against anyone ever harming the body of His firstborn son ever again.
Blah, Blah???...

Old 10-08-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
The narrow gate percentage is about right if you are willing to realistically consider who will survive in an eternity with a God who is incompatible with sin. It's all about a standard, numbers have no bearing when a standard is applied. The law is the law. if 98% of people in your home town choose to rape and kill, it won't make it more legal to do so.

Moreover, the estimation is that 1/3 of humans on earth are believers of Jesus Christ in one way or another. Less than 10% humans are completely without a religion at all. So possibly it's you who are in the minority group instead of the followers of Christ.

Moreover, don't get the message wrong. We are not talking about how to judge people to hell. We are trying to remind people how to better secure their own life in the case that life continues after the physical death.
You're ignoring the most salient points to my post:

1. Let's go with your numbers and assertions. Why is God's standard of righteous SO HIGH that it excludes 2/3's of the human race? At present, given that the earth's population is 7.3 BILLION people, non-Christians make up 4.8--nearly 5 BILLION people who are destined for hell according to Christianity based on Christianity's claim that God is so righteous that NONE of them can get into heaven because they are outside Christianity.

Question: how does that fact sit with you: that 5 BILLION people are headed for hell based on nothing more than the fact they had the unfortunate luck to be born into Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Confusian, Ba'Hai, etc. religions and believe in their god as firmly as sincerely as you believe in yours. And yet you have the gall to say they're wrong and you're right!!! And when you go and tell them they're wrong and your god is the right one, they say to you, "That's exactly what I was about to tell you, "Your Christian god is wrong and our god is right!"

2. And if you're going to believe William Lane Craig's ridiculous proposition that every single one of them has been exposed to the truth of the Christian god's gospel, then Christians have done them the worst service imaginable in telling them this "truth" because now you've put their heads in a noose and made them responsible for their own eternal damnation when they reject what they sincerely believe is a false religion (Christianity). You would have been better off leaving them in ignorance, thereby relieving them of the responsibility of knowing the "truth" and making the wrong choice to stay with the religion they grew up with.

We're talking about the same principle that causes half-crazed mothers to kill their infant children because they're scared stiff the children will grow up to be rebellious and lose their salvation. The safest most loving thing these mothers feel they can do for their children's salvation is to kill them so they will go straight to heaven. Don't believe me? I can show you the headlines:

Quote:
PASTOR’S WIFE ON KILLING CHILDREN: “I WANTED THEM TO MEET JESUS CHRIST” When will we, as a culture, be able to finally speak openly about the correlation between devout religious indoctrination and serious mental health issues? No, not all child-murderers kill their kids for Christ. Yet, when a mother specifically says, “I wanted to save him from hell”
Quote:
Andrea Yates: Confessed to Drowning Her Five Children Because by killing her children she would save them from hell.
This is the doctrine of Christianity: failure to accept Jesus is an automatic one-way ticket to the fires of hell for eternity.

Can you not see that there is something seriously mentally aberrant about this kind of belief system????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity