Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 12:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
I sleep soundly and dream sweet dreams. I do not have anytime for aggressive persuasion of any ism no matter how much they feed the poor and fight for the rights of others. The love of God although a force does not need force to achieve anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 12:39 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
A fundamentalist ideology is defined by the following.

Women must submit, and are never to be in charge of their reproductive health.
A living wage must be denied because Jesus did not specify an outcome.
Children must be hit and spanked.
They drip with hatred while wearing a cloak of righteousness.
They are self serving while demanding service from others.
They are fascinated with LGBTQ sex, fornication and adultery.
They do not hold themselves to the standards the set for everyone else
They claim to be Christian.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Agreed. Many I've seen some atheists that are quite fundamental in their hatred and bigotry toward religion.
Atheist fundamentalists can get very aggressive in their attempts to force their views on others.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:43 PM

^^^^^But doesn't use fear to make converts

Old 10-24-2015, 12:44 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
[W]e all have a hermeneutic. The only question is whether you are consciously vs.unconsciously using a hermeneutic. Fundamentalists are interpreting the text unconsciously. Fundamentalists are interpreting the text right and left, they are just unaware that they are doing so…
When your hermeneutic is operating unconsciously it causes you to say things like “this is the clear teaching of Scripture.â€
…Basically, fundamentalism–denying that you are engaged in hermeneutics–betrays a shocking lack of self-awareness, an inability to notice the way your mind and emotions are working in the background and beneath the surface.

Emotional Intelligence and Sola Scriptura

Fundamentalism is a Lack of Self-Awareness
Fundamentalism has a definition already. It's 'strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline.' There is a slightly modified definition that specifically applies this definition to religion, specifically naming Islam and Protestantism.

Note that this doesn't have to mean a literal interpretation of the Bible, since there realistically isn't one at this point. Fundamentalists interpret it how they see it. They tend to say only one version of the Bible is valid and whoever founded their church defined it right and so on.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
^^^^^But doesn't use fear to make converts
Do you fault a doctor for giving an accurate diagnosis, then a prescription for what will cure the disease? Or do you rip into him for using fear tactics?

Old 10-24-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Do you fault a doctor for giving an accurate diagnosis, then a prescription for what will cure the disease? Or do you rip into him for using fear tactics?
He doesn't use fear to diagnose you and neither is salvation dependent on being diagnosed, nor does anyone refuse the medication prescribed.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:30 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Are you comparing yourself to a skilled medical professional?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:14 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Acknowledging belief in the Word of God is highly expected from God , as God gives us His Spirit to give us understanding and revelations and wisdom from the throne of God , who will correct those who ask what is truth and what is lies , and Holy Spirit is forward to tell us something is a lie and not of God , ......................and then rationalization against believing is an offense to God and His Kingdom ..................... Like if God say something that looks `green ` is yellow then it is yellow . ................... See like believing both stories of the birth of Jesus in the gospel were one says they went to Egypt , and the other says they went to Jerusalem to the temple , so we believe both stories , or this can undermine God and His plan , still we never make a stink about it .............................Some Christians hold fast to the seven solar day creation and would be outraged if they heard of Christians not believing in these interpretations , where God does not condemn believer who do not believe it .........................Then the believer who rejects people who would be sexually diverse and condemn them and have activism in public against them , which is way off course from the plan of God to be the peace keeper in the earth , and turn to God in all injustices ................................. I tend to lean toward to discernment of spirits and wisdom from Jesus Holy Spirit to be the core of understanding of sin , and just judge myself and if I slip and say something in offense, then I pray and take my words out of the spirit and protect people I may have spoken against , and Jesus Spirit will cleanse the spirit every time .....

Old 10-24-2015, 03:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Acknowledging belief in the Word of God is highly expected from God , as God gives us His Spirit to give us understanding and revelations and wisdom from the throne of God , who will correct those who ask what is truth and what is lies , and Holy Spirit is forward to tell us something is a lie and not of God , ......................and then rationalization against believing is an offense to God and His Kingdom ..................... Like if God say something that looks `green ` is yellow then it is yellow . ................... See like believing both stories of the birth of Jesus in the gospel were one says they went to Egypt , and the other says they went to Jerusalem to the temple , so we believe both stories , or this can undermine God and His plan , still we never make a stink about it .............................Some Christians hold fast to the seven solar day creation and would be outraged if they heard of Christians not believing in these interpretations , where God does not condemn believer who do not believe it .........................Then the believer who rejects people who would be sexually diverse and condemn them and have activism in public against them , which is way off course from the plan of God to be the peace keeper in the earth , and turn to God in all injustices ................................. I tend to lean toward to discernment of spirits and wisdom from Jesus Holy Spirit to be the core of understanding of sin , and just judge myself and if I slip and say something in offense, then I pray and take my words out of the spirit and protect people I may have spoken against , and Jesus Spirit will cleanse the spirit every time .....
Isn't jesus the "word" of god?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Since there was NO written word, Jesus was the word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity