Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 06:31 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,882,752 times

Advertisements

Oh issues or thinking too much ? We had a visiting pastor from a local Baptist College at our Wednesday study and discussing on escatology and generalized theology thoughts on a wide range of of areas ( emphasize thoughts and mixed with biblical content) Some of the differances I have may not be earthshattering ,but it it what it is. Firstly, pastor referred to Pentecost, baptism and jumped to rapture og the church ( we all agreed the church equates to believers) we also agree that baptism is essential to our walk ( not salvation) albeit a command in how it' emphasized in scripture. This is where my personal agreement ends. It APPEARS that of all people that should get baptism refined and understood it would be BAPTISTS!!! They fall into the same (non damnible) box of a misinterpreted Matthew 29:19 by many christians faiths even evangelicals. The extremely strange acceptance by the likes of early church leaders including Justin Martyr who found the apostles baptism ( which a witch hunt by the church to eliminate Jesus Name in lieu of the perceived required (trinity, deity, Godhead) in their THINKING. This partially led to a blaphemous and lie by the church eventually slamming Jesus name in baptism to the Jesus ONLY Doctrine a political means of shutting up Apostolics, and oh! those ignorant Pentecostals who got Acts 2:38-39 as the very OUTCOME of Matthew 28:19 ...The NAME!!!!!!!! So here we go pastors not getting that the Father Son and Holy Spirit are titles and Jesus duh was refrrring to HIs name the name above all names. Ok for friendly arguement the Fathers is Yaweh, the Son is Yehoshua (Yeshua) and if we default to hebrew the Holy Spirit is Rauch Ha'Kodesh (breath/wind) But beloved it is our belief in the Son of Man by which we are saved.. His name is above all names and in the flesh Jesus is Yaweh or biblically put the fullness of the Godhead (or as many of you are locked on to the non biblical yet ok trinity term). Peter IS the evidence of Jesus name (Go out baptizing in what? THE NAME (singular name) Act 2 38:39 The formula to be born again after believing ,the PROMISE for you and your CHILDREN AND as a caveat the FAR OFF .......YOU!!! The far off are the gentiles our cottin pickin untaught INVITATION!!!!! Are you kidding me??? Pastors WAKE UP!!! Who's potentially ignorant now? I wll continue to attend as most doctrine appears right on!
The next THOUGHT the pastor had was they is no rapture ( clarified as caught up) but rather simply the end? The end of what ?
(college guy?) No itLs the beginning . God tosses most of we lukewarmes into Tribulation so get ready. God vomits or spews lukewarmers ( most christians) for at least a ride 3.5 years then at mid (perhaps) we are raptured. Antichrist runs the show for the next 3.5 BUT the12 tribes of Israel (12x12,000 or 144,000 ) guess what?......they find Yeshua and begin a messanic discipleship that will knock off your socks in colaboration with we gentile disciples!! So bad and good mixed into the big ol' 7 followed by Armageddon ,which is not going to go well for the idiots attacking Gods Israel.

Last edited by openmike; 10-25-2015 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 08:56 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,573,905 times
Wow you jammed a lot into one paragraph!
Eschatology and the four major views of it are fascinating for me.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,243,148 times
I had a hard time following that.

If I understand it correctly, your major gripe with him is a question of baptism in Jesus' name versus the Trinity formula of Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

Old 10-26-2015, 10:23 AM

Sorry my thread was a grammer foo foo I meant Matt 28:19 not 29:19. .please forgive my dumbness!!!

Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 AM

8,293 posts, read 8,704,984 times
Paragraphs, punctuation, and proof reading are your friend.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:22 PM

88,862 posts, read 85,259,076 times
I am not sure what that all said, but I'm pretty sure it's an issue that matters more to man than God.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:23 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,829,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Oh issues or thinking too much ? We had a visiting pastor from a local Baptist College at our Wednesday study and discussing on escatology and generalized theology thoughts on a wide range of of areas ( emphasize thoughts and mixed with biblical content) Some of the differances I have may not be earthshattering ,but it it what it is. Firstly, pastor referred to Pentecost, baptism and jumped to rapture og the church ( we all agreed the church equates to believers) we also agree that baptism is essential to our walk ( not salvation) albeit a command in how it' emphasized in scripture. This is where my personal agreement ends. It APPEARS that of all people that should get baptism refined and understood it would be BAPTISTS!!! They fall into the same (non damnible) box of a misinterpreted Matthew 29:19 by many christians faiths even evangelicals. The extremely strange acceptance by the likes of early church leaders including Justin Martyr who found the apostles baptism ( which a witch hunt by the church to eliminate Jesus Name in lieu of the perceived required (trinity, deity, Godhead) in their THINKING. This partially led to a blaphemous and lie by the church eventually slamming Jesus name in baptism to the Jesus ONLY Doctrine a political means of shutting up Apostolics, and oh! those ignorant Pentecostals who got Acts 2:38-39 as the very OUTCOME of Matthew 28:19 ...The NAME!!!!!!!! So here we go pastors not getting that the Father Son and Holy Spirit are titles and Jesus duh was refrrring to HIs name the name above all names. Ok for friendly arguement the Fathers is Yaweh, the Son is Yehoshua (Yeshua) and if we default to hebrew the Holy Spirit is Rauch Ha'Kodesh (breath/wind) But beloved it is our belief in the Son of Man by which we are saved.. His name is above all names and in the flesh Jesus is Yaweh or biblically put the fullness of the Godhead (or as many of you are locked on to the non biblical yet ok trinity term). Peter IS the evidence of Jesus name (Go out baptizing in what? THE NAME (singular name) Act 2 38:39 The formula to be born again after believing ,the PROMISE for you and your CHILDREN AND as a caveat the FAR OFF .......YOU!!! The far off are the gentiles our cottin pickin untaught INVITATION!!!!! Are you kidding me??? Pastors WAKE UP!!! Who's potentially ignorant now? I wll continue to attend as most doctrine appears right on!
The next THOUGHT the pastor had was they is no rapture ( clarified as caught up) but rather simply the end? The end of what ?
(college guy?) No itLs the beginning . God tosses most of we lukewarmes into Tribulation so get ready. God vomits or spews lukewarmers ( most christians) for at least a ride 3.5 years then at mid (perhaps) we are raptured. Antichrist runs the show for the next 3.5 BUT the12 tribes of Israel (12x12,000 or 144,000 ) guess what?......they find Yeshua and begin a messanic discipleship that will knock off your socks in colaboration with we gentile disciples!! So bad and good mixed into the big ol' 7 followed by Armageddon ,which is not going to go well for the idiots attacking Gods Israel.
Slow down relax. Breath..

Ok first. Clarify this.

Firstly, pastor referred to Pentecost, baptism and jumped to rapture og the church ( we all agreed the church equates to believers) we also agree that baptism is essential to our walk ( not salvation) albeit a command in how it' emphasized in scripture.

Then explain for me Here please.
This is where my personal agreement ends. It APPEARS that of all people that should get baptism refined and understood it would be BAPTISTS!!!

Old 10-26-2015, 07:53 PM

Good point! I get really ranty when I see (not perversion of scripture) ,but misinterpretation partly inherited by early cluess church fathers. So my point about pastor going to Pentecost as the birth of the church ,but Awkwardly never really delving into Pentecost just mentioning it in passing ( frequently). How about dissecting Pentecost as a teacher? Or are we to eliminate Peters proclamation since it is politically connected to " Jesus Only Doctrine" which I claim is blatant blasphemy by religion!! Secondly, let's simply analyze Acts 2:38 albeit "Repent all of you and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins STOP...?? Think ! Then Peter hit the all net statement if your paying attention!! And you SHALL receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit for this PROMISE is for YOU (Jews) ,your children and those " Far Off". the later defined as you posters!!!! or gentiles. Don't spit on your invite!!!!

As "Baptists" by title you would think THEY would have a handle on it ...they do not period! Yet a great christian faith just doctrinally messed up like so many in this "tragically ignored and systematically
downplayed Acts message."

Thank you posters for tolerating my rant.

Last edited by openmike; 10-26-2015 at 08:35 PM..

Old 10-26-2015, 09:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,471,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Paragraphs, punctuation, and proof reading are your friend.
Yeah, I couldn't get thru it to see if there were mistakes...thought it was just 'my' eyes.
Darn, looked interesting.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:22 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,829,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Good point! I get really ranty when I see (not perversion of scripture) ,but misinterpretation partly inherited by early cluess church fathers. So my point about pastor going to Pentecost as the birth of the church ,but Awkwardly never really delving into Pentecost just mentioning it in passing ( frequently). How about dissecting Pentecost as a teacher? Or are we to eliminate Peters proclamation since it is politically connected to " Jesus Only Doctrine" which I claim is blatant blasphemy by religion!! Secondly, let's simply analyze Acts 2:38 albeit "Repent all of you and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins STOP...?? Think ! Then Peter hit the all net statement if your paying attention!! And you SHALL receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit for this PROMISE is for YOU (Jews) ,your children and those " Far Off". the later defined as you posters!!!! or gentiles. Don't spit on your invite!!!!

As "Baptists" by title you would think THEY would have a handle on it ...they do not period! Yet a great christian faith just doctrinally messed up like so many in this "tragically ignored and systematically
downplayed Acts message."

Thank you posters for tolerating my rant.
Jesus only Doctrine?
Analyze Acts...Respect of persons?

Why are you on a rant?
Are you disagreeing with a birth of the Church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity