Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 09:14 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You get nowhere in life if you have to see the evidence before seeing that which is often beyond the evidence. Columbus had no evidence but still set sail, if he viewed things how you do, his ship would have never left the harbor. In other words you already have your mind made up about what you cannot see, thus you will never see it.
Agreed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 09:31 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
God IS NOT the beginning
The beginning was khaos and anarchy.

God IS the end-point toward which all life is being drawn.
That end-point was reached billions if not trillions of years ago.

Since then, as civilization continues to drive out anarchy, all life is gradually being drawn into a single body with God as the head

Freedom means giving up certain freedoms.
If everyone is to be free then no one is free to enslave.

War and peace:
And suddenly he saw vividly before him a long-forgotten, kindly old man who had given him geography lessons in Switzerland. "Wait a bit," said the old man, and showed Pierre a globe. This globe was alive—a vibrating ball without fixed dimensions. Its whole surface consisted of drops closely pressed together, and all these drops moved and changed places, sometimes several of them merging into one, sometimes one dividing into many. Each drop tried to spread out and occupy as much space as possible, but others striving to do the same compressed it, sometimes destroyed it, and sometimes merged with it.
"That is life," said the old teacher.
"How simple and clear it is," thought Pierre. "How is it I did not know it before?"
"God is in the middle, and each drop tries to expand so as to reflect Him to the greatest extent. And it grows, merges, disappears from the surface, sinks to the depths, and again emerges. There now, Karataev has spread out and disappeared. Do you understand, my child?" said the teacher

What freedoms need to be given up in order to gain freedom?
And what is your definition of anarchy?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
You get nowhere in life if you have to see the evidence before seeing that which is often beyond the evidence. Columbus had no evidence but still set sail, if he viewed things how you do, his ship would have never left the harbor. In other words you already have your mind made up about what you cannot see, thus you will never see it.
So I guess we can dispense with jury trials in your version of American justice--SHARIA STYLE

Old 12-03-2015, 10:07 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times
Quote:

If something is beyond evidence, then why believe it is true? I haven't done badly in life believing as I do!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:19 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So I guess we can dispense with jury trials in your version of American justice--SHARIA STYLE

What the heck are you talking about?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
If something is beyond evidence, then why believe it is true? I haven't done badly in life believing as I do!
Try telling that to those who have proven otherwise...... have you any idea how many people throughout history have gone on to do what many thought was seemingly impossible because they could not see like those who used their imagination, dreams, creativity and determination to believe beyond the evidence ?. What I am trying to say to you is, you will never see beyond your nose while you insist on seeing with your natural eye before believing that which many have seen because they relied on something other than that. I tried telling you in an earlier thread that you are not aware that you believe a bunch of stuff that you have no evidence to support them other than passed down race beliefs, you believe those things because that is what you have always believed and are prejudiced to anything that contradicts those beliefs. Jesus said it perfectly when he said man loves darkness over light, because we are comfortable in those beliefs we have always believed. It sounds like you have only questioned the christian fundamentalism you were involved in, you should never stop at that, question everything you believe, you'll be surprised by what you see, that is of cause if you are willing to question why you believe what you believe.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-03-2015 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 10:33 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times
Quote:
Try telling that to those who have proven otherwise...... have you any idea how many people throughout history have gone on to do what many thought was impossible because they could not see like those who used their imagination, dreams, creativity and determination to believe beyond the evidence ?. What I am trying to say to you is, you will never see beyond your nose while you insist on seeing with your natural eye before believing that which many have seen because they relied on something other than that.
You are trying to equate belief in a religion with belief in the human ability to gain knowledge about what is possible to achieve, two different things, imo.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I actually think having read many of your posts that you would love a militant liberal style sharia law in place.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
You are trying to equate belief in a religion with belief in the human ability to gain knowledge about what is possible to achieve, two different things, imo.
Human ability requires belief, you are dismissive of everything you cannot see, that being the case, there is zero chance of you ever seeing into the unseen realm what others see because you have your own mind already made up.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What the heck are you talking about?
I think she thinks that I believe in a justice system that requires no evidence to convict someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity