Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times

Advertisements

In JN 14 Jesus describes loving God as doing what the Father commanded Him. His followers should do the same since they are sent as He was sent with the same words and glory.

Do you believe Jesus sent His followers to spread the word of God?

John 14:31
I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father.

"The one who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I have heard from him."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 08:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
One shares the good news with LOVE for our neighbor

Old 12-11-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
One shares the good news with LOVE for our neighbor
Jesus said He was sent to proclaim the good news to the poor. He said He was sent to say everything He has heard from the Father. The good news is the word of God.

When one spreads the good news, the word of God, one glorifies the Father and the son in so doing loves their neighbor as themselves.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:47 AM

689 posts, read 494,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said He was sent to proclaim the good news to the poor. He said He was sent to say everything He has heard from the Father. The good news is the word of God.

When one spreads the good news, the word of God, one glorifies the Father and the son in so doing loves their neighbor as themselves.
There is NO good news where the Biblical deity is concerned!

Old 12-11-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:

The good news is found here--

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

And further explained here--

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

PERIOD.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The good news is found here--

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

And further explained here--

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

PERIOD.
Well those are two verses which you do not understand because you view them with the eye of man and not the eye of god. "It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

"This is the covenant I have made with them. My Spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouths of your children, nor the mouths of your children's children from now on and forever." says the Lord

To act justly is to act in righteousness and truth, the word of God.

"He who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"He who comes to me hears my word and puts it to use."

"Genuine worshipers worship the Father in spirit and in truth."

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

"From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water."

'No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above."

Follow me, I belong to what is above.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Well those are two verses which you do not understand because you view them with the eye of man and not the eye of god. "It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

"This is the covenant I have made with them. My Spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouths of your children, nor the mouths of your children's children from now on and forever." says the Lord

To act justly is to act in righteousness and truth, the word of God.

"He who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"He who comes to me hears my word and puts it to use."

"Genuine worshipers worship the Father in spirit and in truth."

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned."

"From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water."

'No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above."

Follow me, I belong to what is above.
I truly doubt that last line, David Koresh. I wonder if that is what the folks in Guiana were told by Jim Jones??

I am pretty sure those are similar to the words Eve heard when she shared the "fruit" with her rib-donor...

One day should, you ever have the privilege of meeting me, I will demonstrate the ultimate test of faith and see if you pass...

Old 12-11-2015, 01:17 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
The good news is found here:

John 3:16

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Old 12-11-2015, 01:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times

"Be excellent to each other."

- Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure

Old 12-11-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

John 3:16

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
The son is One with the Father and they are truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity