Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 01:23 PM

48 posts, read 32,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Uh oh...posting another youtube video claiming to found the ark...this may not be pretty...
what about the other things ive posted? what if theres only a 1% chance im right and there is a heaven and hell. isn't it worth looking into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 02:17 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
You can't even decide if you want to be a Jew or a Christian. If you truly believed in Christ you'd drop the faux Jewish label and believe in Christ.

They key difference between Judaism and Christianity is the believe in Christ as the messiah. Jews don't believe that so it's hard to be both.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:21 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
You can ethnically be a Jew and believe Jesus is the Messiah. Messianic Jew. I like this thread. I like reading the powerful experiences others have had with God. God is able to allow someone to be comfortable in his/her body. That's a powerful statement about a powerful God. Thank you for sharing.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
You can ethnically be a Jew and believe Jesus is the Messiah. Messianic Jew. I like this thread. I like reading the powerful experiences others have had with God. God is able to allow someone to be comfortable in his/her body. That's a powerful statement about a powerful God. Thank you for sharing.
Except we're talking about religion and not ethnicity.

It is a fact that one cannot accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior and still claim ties to the Jewish religion. You can't be both.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:19 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
It is a fact that one cannot accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior and still claim ties to the Jewish religion. You can't be both.
Why not?? Jesus has ties to the Jewish religion and Christians are followers of Him.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:30 AM

865 posts, read 1,077,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw0307 View Post
what about the other things ive posted? what if theres only a 1% chance im right and there is a heaven and hell. isn't it worth looking into?
If we followed that logic, then it would be incumbent upon people to invest time in 'looking into' every other claim made about a deity in the history of humanity. I'm not sure we'd have much time for anything else, because there have been a huge number of such claims.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:13 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw0307 View Post
i know that Jesus reveals himself to everyone...
What does that even mean? What do you mean "reveals himself"? How? A voice in your head? He comes strolling up to you in a parking lot? Appears in a dream? What the heck does it mean?

Old 01-24-2016, 03:06 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What does that even mean? What do you mean "reveals himself"? How? A voice in your head? He comes strolling up to you in a parking lot? Appears in a dream? What the heck does it mean?
Anyone who believes jesus/god reveals himself/herself/itself to everyone is either arrogant or delusional. Just because someone has a subjective experience that makes them convinced god exists doesn't mean everyone else does.

That for me it ultimately why I don't believe in god. Every argument seems based on an entirely subjective experience, which in and of itself means nothing. Someone can have a subjective experience of being abducted by extraterrestrials, taken millions of light years away, then returned to earth, but it almost certainly didn't actually happen.

I think I can speak for most secularists when I say all we want is some kind of objective evidence god exists. And no, arguments like, 'Look at the how well designed this or that is' is not objective evidence because it's doesn't indicate how it was designed or who/what designed it.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why not?? Jesus has ties to the Jewish religion and Christians are followers of Him.
Seriously? You really don't understand why one cannot be both a Jew and a Christian? It's no different than trying to be Muslim and Jewish at the same time or Christian and Muslim. Yes they are the 3 Abrahamic religions and some things overlap. But one can't belong to 2 religions with completely different beliefs.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:43 AM

589 posts, read 331,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salis-N View Post
Former Christian here. I stopped considering myself a Christian mid-year 2013. I did this because I realized I was no longer convinced that the God portrayed in the Bible was God of the real world.

What made you convert?
Well there are plenty of unholy and unjust bible passages but also plenty of Good. It is my opinion and belief that antichrist inspired some verses. What do you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity