Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:19 PM

589 posts, read 331,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
How can Jesus be the antichrist. He said it as does the son of man but it is the Father's word Don't forget.

Remember;

"The son can only do what he hears the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"To me every knee shall bend by me every tongue shall swear saying, only in the Lord are righteous deeds and power."
I never saiid JC of Luke and John is antichrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 08:46 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, God directed Jesus to teach about God's kingdom and that was the main theme of Jesus' teachings - Luke 4:43
Jesus directed his followers to do likewise but now on much grander international scale - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
His followers said to him, “When will the kingdom come?” “It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘Look, there it is.’ Rather, the father’s kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people do not see it.” (Trans. from Marvin Meyer, The Gospel of Thomas, 1992)

The Gospel of Thomas deserves a closer look.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, God directed Jesus to teach about God's kingdom and that was the main theme of Jesus' teachings - Luke 4:43
Jesus directed his followers to do likewise but now on much grander international scale - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
God told the son of man exactly what to say not just to talk about the kingdom of God.

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

Old 01-30-2016, 12:35 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
God told the son of man exactly what to say not just to talk about the kingdom of God.
"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."
Riiiiiight!! God created our entire species to become parrots.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Riiiiiight!! God created our entire species to become parrots.
You don't see the whole picture.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:39 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit so that believers could obey God ,there is righteousness, in obedience to the Father Mathew 7;21,22,23, and Jesus true Lordship. John 14; & 15;

Old 01-30-2016, 09:44 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
If one is unwilling to obey God in this life, there is little chance they will obey in the next.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Well, whatever anyone thinks, reads, interprets or believes is their business and
where they are on this wonderful Path.

Since, God and I are like this (crossing fingers) I know 1000% what 'He' wants,
desires, longs for, waits for, what pleases 'Him'...and
most importantly needs and needs infinitely and why all of us even exist.

Our love.

Remember, you can only truly love something you know ...
when 'He' reveals Himself to you, shows you Who He really Is
.... that is when the floodgates open and you
are ruined for life, hahahaha...'He' then becomes the only One from then on.
giving him your heart...raw, exposed, with no reserve like a love sick
drunken idiot...this is what 'He' waits for...in a place where there
is no space or time...

And I wish this for everyone.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If one is unwilling to obey God in this life, there is little chance they will obey in the next.
I don't have a crystal ball or orbuculum, but would say you are not God.
If you think love will not overcome the evils of this world, think again.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't have a crystal ball or orbuculum, but would say you are not God.
If you think love will not overcome the evils of this world, think again.
Thinking like man dooms the wicked but the righteous are saved by the words they speak from the heart of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity