Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 11:29 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Who is the accuser of the brethren here and who is preaching love of God and each other???
Just answer the bold with anything that remotely resembles common sense. The entire idea is primitive and barbaric. God needs nothing to forgive because He loves us and love is as described in 1 Cor 13, Galations 5, etc. From the beginning, Noah's primitive ignorance and superstition had him sacrifice the very animals he was told to save from extinction!! Talk about not getting the point!!! Noah had the excuse of pure ignorance. What is yours???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Amen Mystic, if I can find forgiveness and better still unconditional love in my heart towards another without a blood sacrifice, so can God. What I do know for certain too is that my ability to do so is by the love of God in me that I have always been loved of God.

Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Amen, pcamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV) The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
This is speaking to the servant of God His son not to all. God's everlasting and eternal love is for His servant and son.
Nonsense. Those of you who tickle your ears with thoughts of being special to God will have a rude awakening. The selfishness and arrogance that your views embody are NOT compatible with the Spirit of agape love who IS god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 12:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Amen, pcamps.
Nonsense. Those of you who tickle your ears with thoughts of being special to God will have a rude awakening. The selfishness and arrogance that your views embody are NOT compatible with the Spirit of agape love who IS god.
There it is. Hmm.
I see you..

So whats tha plan.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Amen, pcamps.
Jesus was special so those who follow Him are special in the eyes of God because they are sent as Jesus was sent same words and glory.

The problem is you do not believe in God's only son, the prophet's.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:49 PM

“Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments,
6 let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father’s family, have committed against you.
7 We have acted very wickedly toward you. We have not obeyed the commands, decrees and laws you gave your servant Moses.

8 “Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations,
9 but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.’

10 “They are your servants and your people, whom you redeemed by your great strength and your mighty hand.
11 Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.”

Old 02-19-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Amen, pcamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
“Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments,
6 let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel. I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father’s family, have committed against you.
7 We have acted very wickedly toward you. We have not obeyed the commands, decrees and laws you gave your servant Moses.
8 “Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations,
9 but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.’
10 “They are your servants and your people, whom you redeemed by your great strength and your mighty hand.
11 Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.”
Jesus effectively rebuked any such notion of God when He said there was no merit in only loving those that love you. Why on earth would you think the God who sent Him would do that????

Old 02-19-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Jesus effectively rebuked any such notion of God when He said there was no merit in only loving those that love you. Why on earth would you think the God who sent Him would do that????
I was cupbearer to the king.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV) The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

This is speaking to the servant of God His son not to all. God's everlasting and eternal love is for His servant and son.

"The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."
Please stop quoting the bible at me will you and speak with conviction of the Hope you have within.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:47 PM

598 posts, read 358,214 times
Quote:

Amen and Amen

The prodigal son was still a son but he needed to repent before returning to "his Father's house"……..

Luke 15: 17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.

…..and when the father saw Him from afar off he ran to him,and comforted his son as the Father walked the final steps back home with him

He put a ring on his son's finger, gave him a new robe and had a feast in honor of the son

and the brother who never left was jealous

Old 02-19-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I was cupbearer to the king.
?????

Old 02-19-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
?????
yup, and I got your number.
Would you like to count to 10 in Hebrew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity