Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM

950 posts, read 691,496 times

Advertisements

In the following video of a dialogue between Robert Schuller and Billy Graham, Rev. Graham admits that Muslims and Buddhists go to Heaven too. What made Rev. Graham change his beliefs??

Billy Graham Denies Christ - Interviewed by Robert Schuller on 'Hour of Power' - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 03:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
In the following video of a dialogue between Robert Schuller and Billy Graham, Rev. Graham admits that Muslims and Buddhists go to Heaven too. What made Rev. Graham change his beliefs??

Billy Graham Denies Christ - Interviewed by Robert Schuller on 'Hour of Power' - YouTube
Not the bible.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:38 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Hope no other Christians leaders believe that

Old 05-06-2014, 03:40 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post

BG must have read the catechism of the Catholic Church and gave the right answer. Good for him!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:19 PM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
I was actually OK with how he worded the statement about the Buddhists - saying that God calls them - and I take that to mean He calls them out of that religion to Christ.

However when he said they don't even need to know Jesus' name... penalty flag on the play.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I was actually OK with how he worded the statement about the Buddhists - saying that God calls them - and I take that to mean He calls them out of that religion to Christ.

However when he said they don't even need to know Jesus' name... penalty flag on the play.

As I said, BG got wiser with age.

From the catechism:

Quote:
The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."332

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336
847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337

Old 05-07-2014, 01:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Yes, ex-Buddhists could be saved. Not knowing Christs name would make it hard to be saved, because who would they put faith in for their removal of sins. Gotta be both ex and know God AND His Son. BY name makes sense too.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, ex-Buddhists could be saved. Not knowing Christs name would make it hard to be saved, because who would they put faith in for their removal of sins. Gotta be both ex and know God AND His Son. BY name makes sense too.
An innocent child born in a non-Christian country is not saved?

I don't think Jesus is that cruel.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
An innocent child born in a non-Christian country is not saved?

I don't think Jesus is that cruel.
Indeed.

But most Christians will give an exception clause for children, but not for others like you mention Julian658.

I know, it makes no sense.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Indeed.

But most Christians will give an exception clause for children, but not for others like you mention Julian658.

I know, it makes no sense.
An innocent 25 year person old born in a country where Jesus is not known.

This person is going to hell????

Really??????

What kind of God would do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity