Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 10:17 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I addressed your first point in my third paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus was always the conduit to God. His redemptive work on the cross is what makes us righteous before God. Without Jesus, you will have to face judgement on your own works. God says none of us are "good enough" on our own. We all "miss the mark". Surely you can see that. All humans fail at some point.

Jesus is the only perfect person. When we place our faith in His redemptive work, we are given His righteousness, which allows us to be united with our holy Creator.

Anyone who earnestly seeks God will be given the revelation of Christ. People of all other religions are being saved every day. Christian missionaries have access to almost every land.

Don't trust me. If you genuinely want to know about Christ, read the gospels. Read Romans and 1 John. Please don't trust anyone here, especially Mystic! He's way off in left field! He dismisses half the words of Christ as untrue!

*I don't mean to insult your intelligence. Perhaps you've made your decision already. My best to you.

A Hindu seeking god, no matter how earnest, is not going to somehow 'be given the revelation of Christ'.
I'm sure many Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists and so on are all very confident in their 'quests to seek god' and have no need of being 'saved' by the Jesus story.

'Almost every land' is not 'every' land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 10:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
What are your thoughts on this please
Anyone who believes in the Son is saved.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only fundies need saving.

The rest of the planet is fine.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:02 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Are you suggesting that Adam and Eve and Noah's family had heard of Jesus and knew he was their savior? That's big news to me. I was never taught that, even growing up in a fundamentalist Lutheran sect.
The "doctrine of demons" belief that the Bible is the 100% word of God is responsible for many corruptions and absurdities in the mainstream fundamentalist Christian dogma, Freak.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You keep inserting the "in" in those verses and that is why you are misled. There is no magic beliefs we must have other than to believe Jesus and have faith that He did what He says He did - Save us. Either He did or He didn't. That is where the faith comes in. All the nonsense about which beliefs to accept are born of the churches fighting for membership and a reason to exist.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You keep inserting the "in" in those verses and that is why you are misled. There is no magic beliefs we must have other than to believe Jesus and have faith that He did what He says He did - Save us. Either He did or He didn't. That is where the faith comes in. All the nonsense about which beliefs to accept are born of the churches fighting for membership and a reason to exist.
Ah, so we don't have to believe anything, except what I just said. Got it

Old 06-10-2016, 03:02 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Speaking against Jesus

Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.

Luke 18
Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19“Why do you call Me good? Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’”…{You KNOW the Commandments, GO, DO!}

You can decide not to keep the commandments and even teach other men to despise them and not to keep them AND STILL be the least in the kingdom.

Matthew 5
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

But there is a difference between the higher Zoe Kingdom and just being the least in the kingdom with your salvation.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, so we don't have to believe anything, except what I just said. Got it
You can believe anything you wish as long as you believe Jesus did what He says He did and follow His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
You can believe anything you wish as long as you believe Jesus did what He says He did and follow His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other.
And if you don't?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
And if you don't?
Every single selfish negative hurt or harm you caused to others, whether or not deliberately or knowingly, you will have to experience from their perspective after your death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity