Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 03:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

America's narcissism and jingoism has resulted in a formerly-admired nation becoming the object of snickers and derision around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
See through a Apostolic wisdom which knows and develops a land which is acceptable for the gospel to be heard and where churches can be built and grow ........ So if there is good ground for Churches that Jesus has and people can be children of God in that nation then there will be a creative gift from God for that nation to develop and flourish ...................... If a nation will never accept Christian of the land then God will not be there and a spirit of death will be on the land and people .................... See America is a land where the Gospel can be heard and there and missionaries coming out of this Nations which will be a blessing for this nation from God ......................... So if leaders of this nation are anti Christian and pass laws to undermine Christians and the Gospel but still do not band Christians from flourishing then God will still have a plan for these nations, but there will be more devil given to the authority of sinners and God says `` if the people want to sin then sin is what they will have`` and more devils will be released for the people to seal the sin ..................See God does not need laws in the land making the land Christian or not it is that if Christians can live there then the authority to God is set .............

Old 06-06-2016, 03:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
America's narcissism and jingoism has resulted in a formerly-admired nation becoming the object of snickers and derision around the world.
It is very narcissistic to believe God is going to judge America....after He ignored Nazi Germany.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:56 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
I'm an old time Republican. I agree with the prognostication of Dwight Eisenhower who stated that the growing military-industrial alliance occurring in America.

The History Channel on this day (Jan 17) in history writes:

"On this day in 1961, Dwight D. Eisenhower ends his presidential term by warning the nation about the increasing power of the military-industrial complex.

His remarks, issued during a televised farewell address to the American people, were particularly significant since Ike had famously served the nation as military commander of the Allied forces during WWII. Eisenhower urged his successors to strike a balance between a strong national defense and diplomacy in dealing with the Soviet Union. He did not suggest arms reduction and in fact acknowledged that the bomb was an effective deterrent to nuclear war. However, cognizant that America’s peacetime defense policy had changed drastically since his military career, Eisenhower expressed concerns about the growing influence of what he termed the military-industrial complex."
------------

Combined with what I read a couple of years ago that the current Iraqi-Afghanistan war has profitted eight corporations (Haliburton, Dick Cheney's baby was number one) more than all other corporations combined in all other wars, should make anyone with intellect wonder about engaging in war to stop the spread of communism or discover possible WMD.

The only people glorifying war are those who haven't been or those whom it messed up in the head. It's not just the killing (I came very, very close to shooting a 12-year old child in Vietnam), it's what comes home to us. Men and sometimes women so messed up psychologically that they are sometimes a threat to their own families, who have a high rate of suicide, a higher rate of drug and alcohol addiction, and a feeling that no one understands them.

Had I killed that child, whom I thought was hiding a grenade behind his back (he wasn't), it may have been justified by military protocol but it would have destroyed me. To this day, over 49 years later, the thought still occasionally haunts me.

God was merciful---and turned me into Ron Kovic.

But go ahead and wave that flag, boys. It tells us who is the Lord in your lives.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:05 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
I was in London on the Tube in 2006, picked up a discarded London newspaper and began reading a front page "news" article. I guess Britons have no problem mixing news articles and opinions like America's Fox News does.

Anyway the article said, "A recent poll shows only 35% of Americans support President George Bush in the Iraqi War, while only 28% of Britons do----proving once again that Britons are smarter than Americans!"

I burst out laughing on the Tube while people stared at my wife and I.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:23 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1937

"The US government is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today."
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. 1966

Many of us are so fond of our country and our way of living that we flatly refuse to acknowledge the crimes against humanity performed by our government and the international corporations that were born on our shores. Many Americans loudly applaud aggressive militarism who are otherwise decent people who would never commit a crime themselves.

"If an American is concerned only about his nation, he will not be concerned about the peoples of Asia, Africa, or South America. Is this not why nations engage in the madness of war without the slightest sense of penitence? Is this not why the murder of a citizen of your own nation is a crime, but the murder of citizens of another nation in war is an act of heroic virtue? " - Rev. King

Many of us hold onto an image of a nation that doesn't exist - never existed at all. America the beautiful. America the just. America the right. America - too big to fall.

It is an idea born of constant and consistent propaganda of our own design and making. Christians buy into it as much as anyone else. The militarism extends even into our churchs and leisure activity. Who hasn't witnessed an exhibition of militarist propaganda before the beginning of an NFL game? Military aircraft fly over, a huge flag is unfurled and prayers and worship is encouraged for the flag and the fascist oligarchs that own it.

"the United States has always been a nation of ongoing hustlers from the prisons and disaster areas of old Europe. I do not think that the American System in its present state of decadence is worth preserving. The initial success of the United States was largely accidental. A rich empty continent was exploited by rapacious Europeans who made slaves of Africans and corpses of Indians in the process.
- GORE VIDAL

Even as this post is being written and read, the judgment of God has begun against us. Why? Martin Luther King, Jr. was the voice of social and spiritual conscience in America a half century ago. He defined the symptoms of our national disease.

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death."

Militarism is the overt obvious and greatest among the sins of America of which there are many.

"Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, 'You are too arrogant. If you don't change your ways I will rise up and break the back bone of your power.'"
- Rev. King (circa 1967)

Warnings to America began to be issued in the late 1960's and continued until shortly after September 11th, 2001. No nation is sovereign and autonomous where God is concerned. HE is the final and ultimate arbiter of the destiny of kingdoms, empires and nations. Not for nothing is HE called Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Judgment has been pronounced upon the United States. American militarism will be cut off. The people of the United States are drunk on war and cry loudly for it on every occasion. Therefore the judgment pronounced against us is to give us the war we seek. Heaven has given us over to war and we will have a belly full of it. We shall suffer grieviously for our wicked thirst for blood. We will be granted a belly full of war and when our punishment is complete we will be so sick of it we shall never go to war again.

These are not kind words. These are not good or comforting words. They are words of judgment.

"Be not deceived," says the Lord of Hosts, "God is not mocked."
- Galations 6:7a

America is as full of mockery and disrespect of the Kingdom of Heaven as it is of perversion corruption and militarism. We have denied God in every way and mock His law and justice and righteousness continually. We have invited judgment upon us and we shall get what we want until it makes us sick of it.

"Any time evil becomes organized, its ferocity breathes the air of hell. There is nothing that can quench that fury. It cannot be stopped until it has accomplished its purpose."
- Ravi Zacharias

There is today no nation on the earth as wicked as the United States. Now is the time to repent and seek escape.
The nation will not be saved, but those who seek peace with God will find it.

Watch and learn pilgrim.

It will not come from foreign lands or by the work of intemperate individuals. It will come from ourselves and we ourselves will ask for it and bless it.
God has determined judgment against the United States.

Repent. The hour is late, very late.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

You really think that is WHO GOD IS?

I want to be in the room when my GOD addresses all the evangelical cultists and She says---

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Then She turns to the cultists and tells them--

'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

And the cultist plead by arguing--

‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and NOT feed you, or thirsty and NOT give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and NOT invite you in, or needing clothes and NOT clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and NOT go to visit you?’

And She will tell them--

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did NOT DO for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you DID NOT DO for me.’
Attached Thumbnails
Judgment of america-extremeists_what_about_poverty.jpg  

Old 06-08-2016, 04:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
America is the new Rome. It will fall. It may take another couple hundred years, but many of the things that slowly brought down the Roman Empire are well established in America.

And no, Rome did not fall because of homosexuality or other sexual vices like many evangelicals like to claim. It was a slow fall caused primarily by economic inequality, cultural decay, and the military being unable to enforce Roman rule in the provinces.

The number one lesson America can learn from Rome is you can't run a growth-model economy yet not be the producers of anything. Rome tried it and it worked until they could no longer conquer new lands to steal their wealth. Then began the slow decline.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
America is the new Rome. It will fall. It may take another couple hundred years, but many of the things that slowly brought down the Roman Empire are well established in America.

And no, Rome did not fall because of homosexuality or other sexual vices like many evangelicals like to claim. It was a slow fall caused primarily by economic inequality, cultural decay, and the military being unable to enforce Roman rule in the provinces.

The number one lesson America can learn from Rome is you can't run a growth-model economy yet not be the producers of anything. Rome tried it and it worked until they could no longer conquer new lands to steal their wealth. Then began the slow decline.
A LOT less than a couple of hundred years if they elect that moron with the thing on his head,

Old 06-08-2016, 04:59 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
A LOT less than a couple of hundred years if they elect that moron with the thing on his head,
A couple of hundred years is a best case scenario.

The dominoes could start falling if Trump gets elected, I agree.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:58 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
In some respects I believe that the dominoes have already started falling in the U.S. If not for the military, I believe the U.S. would be a lot less respected in the world, the economy worse and in a state of decreasing standards, even more so than is being experienced today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity