Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinRooper View Post
Bill Wiese story is very scary but if he's lying then it's not going to be scary to him at all. But none of it makes sense. According to him hell was made for the devil and his demons but yet they get to torment people. He talks about heat, putrid smells, no air to breath, no strengh etc. So if hell was made for the devil and his demons then how come all this doesn't affect the demons as well. How come the demons can breath and have all their strengh?
Another thing to point out is Revelation 20 says that the devil will be bound in the abyss for a thousand years. So what happens to all the tormented souls? So the devil gets locked up but yet the lost souls get tormented for another thousand years. Thats insane. Also Bill Wiese said that demons will get to torment people for eternity but yet Revelation talks about the devil and his demons being cast into the lake of fire.
Maybe Bill was telling the truth but if he was it sure does not seem to fit in with what the bible teaches.
I though it wa an interesting story even though I don't believe it but secondly I see nothing in the bible where it says, demons will be torturing men. Demons will be suffereing right along with men.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Sorry, I meant to say that I don't believe that God is ever said to be wrath! God bless.
Curious, did God show love when He committed those atrocities and genocides?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,151,542 times
What you may consider to be atrocities are not in the eyes of God, Fundamentalist. All things belong to Him. God takes away life and He gives life. There is a purpose for His wrath and as He is described as love, all is derived from and motivated by love. All are to be eventually restored to Him. God bless.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
What you may consider to be atrocities are not in the eyes of God, Fundamentalist. All things belong to Him. God takes away life and He gives life. There is a purpose for His wrath and as He is described as love, all is derived from and motivated by love. All are to be eventually restored to Him. God bless.
It sure looked like atrocities and genocide to me. What would you call them? How is this love?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,342 times
You think there is no love from God at all? You concentrate so much on His wrath that I have to ask.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:01 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Quote:
It sure looked like atrocities and genocide to me. What would you call them? How is this love?
What is an atrocity?
  1. Extremely evil or cruel; monstrous: an atrocious crime.
  2. Exceptionally bad; abominable: atrocious decor; atrocious behavior.(dictionary.com)
God is not evil or bad. His judgments are right and evidently this is how He dealt with sin and they needed to understand the consequences of sin. Evidently He was doing what was best because He is good and He always does what is right. Would it have been love to let their sinfulness and disobedience escalate? I believe that God always does what is best for the creation and that this is motivated by His love for the creation. He sees beginning to end and knows what is best. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-18-2009 at 06:11 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,699 times
People have been accusing God of being horrible because of hell for years. They accept the concept of an eternal heaven just fine, but do not want to give equal credance to what Jesus warned about hell. I don't think the testimony of Bill Weiss is devious or insincere- and I don't find it to be contrary to the plain words of the Holy Bible. I think bringing the words sheol and hades into the story are misguided, though, because they are not english words and do not always refer to the place of the eternally damned and so give an inaccurate picture of the whole concept. The King James bible has it correct.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:04 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believethebook View Post
I don't think the testimony of Bill Weiss is devious or insincere- and I don't find it to be contrary to the plain words of the Holy Bible. I think bringing the words sheol and hades into the story are misguided, though, because they are not english words and do not always refer to the place of the eternally damned and so give an inaccurate picture of the whole concept. The King James bible has it correct.
Really?

First Bill refers to Paul's catching up to prove his own 'catching down' saying:

(quote) "Some Christians have said, "Oh a Christian can't leave his body." But that's not true, In 2 Corinthians 12:2, when Paul was caught up into the third heaven, He said, "whether in the body, or out of the body I do not know." (end quote)

Okay, fine.

But then he refers to Jonah:

(quote)"And In Jonah 2:6 it says, "the earth with her bars was about me forever, yet thou has brought up my life from corruption." So at least there was somebody in the Bible that experienced Hell, Jonah". (end quote)

Of course you and I know that the KJV translates "Sheol" as ' the grave', 'the pit' and 'hell'.

" I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction,
And He answered me.
" Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice.

Was not Jonah speaking metaphorically here? ie: " I was as good as dead"?
Later Bill claims "The earth with her bars" confirms the literal bars on his prison cell in 'hell'.

Then Bill quotes Job 17:16 to further confirm his assigned prison cell in 'hell' had literal bars. Again, it's clear to me that Job was speaking of the grave in a generic sense:

NRS: Will it go down to the bars of Sheol? Shall we descend together into the dust?"

NIV "Will it go down to the gates of death? Will we descend together into the dust?"

amp"[My hope] shall go down to the bars of Sheol (the unseen state) when once there is rest in the dust. "

Bill is cherry picking to try and give his vision some credibility.

To prove 'cells' or 'rooms' he quotes Prov. 7: 26

"For she has cast down many wounded,
And all who were slain by her were strong men.
27 Her house is the way to hell (Sheol - the grave)
Descending to the chambers of death".

Bill just plays on people's (and his own) ignorance concerning the generic state of death by using the KJV rendering of 'Sheol - the grave - the unseen' as the English word 'hell'.

He goes on to state how strong the demons were and how weak he was:

(Quote) "The one picked me up, and the other one, with his razor-sharp claws; he just shredded my flesh right off. He just tore it off, and had absolutely no care what so ever for this body that God so wonderfully made. It had a hatred that was so intense against me. I wondered, "Why am I alive, why am I living through this? I don't understand why am I not dead." My flesh just hung there in ribbons. And there was no blood, just flesh hanging, because life is in the blood, and there is no life in Hell. And there is no water in Hell.

In Isaiah 14:9-10 it says

Hell (the grave) from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? Art thou become like unto us?

Psalms 88:4

I am counted with those who go down to the pit; I am like a man who has no strength, (end Quote)

Of course dead men no longer have strength. Sheeeesh Bill!

Then he talks about the cussing and profanities in 'hell'

(Quote) The profanities, that they were cursing at God is mentioned in Ezekiel 22-26 "I am profaned among them"

Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. (end quote)

Clearly this passage has NOTHING to do with cussing or what we call profanity.

Then he explains the scriptural-ness of the demons ripping his flesh off by quoting Micah 3:2

" 1 Hear now, O heads of Jacob,
And you rulers of the house of Israel:
Is it not for you to know justice?
2 You who hate good and love evil;
Who strip the skin from My people,[a]
And the flesh from their bones;
3 Who also eat the flesh of My people,
Flay their skin from them,
Break their bones,
And chop them in pieces
Like meat for the pot,
Like flesh in the caldron."

This is obvious metaphorical speech of how the leaders were taking advantage of the masses at that time (same as today!)

Then he talks about the humiliation you endure in the afterlife:

(quote) There are scriptures about the humiliation you have to endure. "This thing is going to run my life, I can't stop it!" In Isaiah 5:14-15

Therefore my people have gone into captivity, Because they have no knowledge; Their honorable men are famished, And their multitude dried up with thirst. Therefore the grave enlarges its appetite and opens its mouth without limit; into it will descend their nobles and masses with all their brawlers and revelers. So man will be brought low and mankind humbled, the eyes of the arrogant humbled.

Ezekiel 32:24

There is Elam and all her multitude, All around her grave, All of them slain, fallen by the sword, Who have gone down uncircumcised to the lower parts of the earth, Who caused their terror in the land of the living; Now they bear their shame with those who go down to the Pit.

On and on it goes. That was a horrible thing, to have your life run by these creatures, that have no mercy for you whatsoever.
(end quote)

Again, he uses all this to claim demonic 'creatures' are ruling in 'hell'.

Then he claims Psalms written by David to confirm the darkness in 'hell'

(quote) "I looked one direction, all black, and all I heard was screams, billions of people screaming in this place. I knew there were billions, and it was so loud. If you have ever heard someone scream before, it is so annoying. Well if you hear billions of people screaming, you can't imagine how it affects your mind. You just can't stand it. You hold your ears because it is so loud and penetrating. You can't get away from the screams.

And the fear that overcomes you is unbelievable. Everything is dominated by fear. There is no presence of God in this place, so you have to endure the fear and the torment and the blackness. You can't see anything. You can't even see what is coming up against you.

Scripture talks about this darkness in Psalms 88:6 "You have laid me in the lowest pit, In darkness, in the depths". (end quote)

Again, David is speaking about his trials here and totally contradicts Bill's application in another Psalm "If I make my bed in Sheol, YOU (God) are there"

Then he talks about how desolate it is:

(Quote) "I was now outside the cell and I looked this direction and as I looked this way I could see there was flames of fire, about 10 miles away from me. I knew it was 10 miles. And a pit of fire, about 3 miles across, had flames that lit up the skyline enough to see the landscape of Hell just a little bit.

The darkness was so heavy; it just eats up any light. But there was enough to just see some of the skyline. It was all brown and desolate! I mean absolutely not one green leaf, not anything of life of any kind, just stone, dirt and black sky, and smog in the skylight. The flames were really high, so I could see it. There was a scripture in Deuteronomy 29:23

The whole land is brimstone, salt, and burning; it is not sown, nor does it bear, nor does any grass grow there, like the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in His anger and His wrath.

There is no life whatsoever in Hell. It is so strange to be in a world where there is no life. Here we enjoy trees and fresh air, but there it is absolutely all dead. (end quote)

In context we see this passage has absolutely nothing to do with the afterlife:

Deuteronomy 29:20-25 (New King James Version)

20 "The LORD would not spare him; for then the anger of the LORD and His jealousy would burn against that man, and every curse that is written in this book would settle on him, and the LORD would blot out his name from under heaven. 21 And the LORD would separate him from all the tribes of Israel for adversity, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this Book of the Law, 22 so that the coming generation of your children who rise up after you, and the foreigner who comes from a far land, would say, when they see the plagues of that land and the sicknesses which the LORD has laid on it:
23 'The whole land is brimstone, salt, and burning; it is not sown, nor does it bear, nor does any grass grow there, like the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in His anger and His wrath.' 24 All nations would say, 'Why has the LORD done so to this land? What does the heat of this great anger mean?' 25 Then people would say: 'Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which He made with them when He brought them out of the land of Egypt;

Bill speaks of heat:

(quote) The heat was so intense, you can even describe it. It says in Deuteronomy 32:24

They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust. (end quote)

About water he says

(quote) Regarding the water, in Zechariah 9:11,

...I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

Absolutely no water in Hell. (end quote)

Concerning hopelessness he says

(quote) This is the worse thing about Hell, that there was absolutely no hope of ever getting out. I understood that. I grasped eternity. I could understand eternity. Here on earth, we can't quite, can't get a hold of it. But there I understood it. I knew I would be there forever and ever, and had no hope of getting out. Even people in concentration camps had a hope of getting out, or dying at least, to get out of it. But we've never experienced a totally hopeless situation. In Isaiah 38:18 it says,

"Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth." (end quote)

Again, read the context.

15 " What shall I say?
He has both spoken to me,
And He Himself has done it.
I shall walk carefully all my years
In the bitterness of my soul.
16 O Lord, by these things men live;
And in all these things is the life of my spirit;
So You will restore me and make me live.
17 Indeed it was for my own peace
That I had great bitterness;
But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption,
For You have cast all my sins behind Your back.
18 For Sheol cannot thank You,
Death cannot praise You;
Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth.
19 The living, the living man, he shall praise You,
As I do this day;
The father shall make known Your truth to the children.
20 " The LORD was ready to save me;
Therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments
All the days of our life, in the house of the LORD."

This passage is simply making the case for remaining alive to praise God, as there is no work or thought or knowledge in the grave (Sheol) where man goes.

Bill just twists every scripture to fit his unscriptural description of the afterlife.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,817 times
Default A definate fraud and cult leader!

Strange that his body was visible to his wife while he was going through this hell experience.

Strange that God took away his free will and memory during this.

Strange that he mentions demons in hell doing things to people, yet the bible says nothing of demons.

At best, he experienced hallucinations or bad dreams.

At worst, he is another cult leader seeking peoples money and allegiance.

Preying on people's fear is nothing but an age old method of control over people's lives in order to extort and coerce resources from them.

This is the complete antithesis of FREEDOM, and is what all dictatorships are based on.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,258 times
Have the book, read it. His pain, his testimony, who am I to doubt. Do I believe? You better believe it! Is hell real? If God said it is, it is....that alone by itself, is good enough for me. Do I want to take the chance and find out on my own? NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity