Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 10:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,053,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Rbbi, you want to be heard, and I can appreciate that desire. But you make it very difficult to hear you. Partly because I haven't gotten the sense that you want to listen without the intent of correcting or chastising. Listening is a two way street. Did you get anything out of my post that you responded to? Because it didn't seem like you did. If you want respect for your journey, how about showing respect for other people's?

And the other part of not hearing you IS THE CODE. Honey, I think you might have some worthwhile things to share, but you've got people telling you they just want plain speak from you and aren't interested in listening to bible code and you keep shoving it at us anyway.

Now, I don't know why I've gone and been all in your face about it, but there you have it.

I share what I have been shown, period. There is nothing of me to be heard, and since it's not mine, there is a disconnect in "wanting to be heard". When you come to the realization like Paul did and count what you think you knew about anything, to be as dung, then you can receive of Him. I knew I knew nothing 31 years ago, and was a blank slate for Him to write upon, and that is how I approached Him in asking HIM to teach me. Now that's my "journey" as you call it.

And you seemed to miss the fact I was agreeing with part of your post, so where you get I didn't get anything out of it, I don't know.

And again, I'm speaking as plainly as I can, but I also know that whoever is meant to hear it now, will, and whoever is not meant to hear it now, won't, and I don't have a thing to do with that, and I have learned to rest in that. One plants, another waters, but G-d gives the increase. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 10:50 PM

63,890 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Rbbi, you want to be heard, and I can appreciate that desire. But you make it very difficult to hear you. Partly because I haven't gotten the sense that you want to listen without the intent of correcting or chastising. Listening is a two way street. Did you get anything out of my post that you responded to? Because it didn't seem like you did. If you want respect for your journey, how about showing respect for other people's?

And the other part of not hearing you IS THE CODE. Honey, I think you might have some worthwhile things to share, but you've got people telling you they just want plain speak from you and aren't interested in listening to bible code and you keep shoving it at us anyway.

Now, I don't know why I've gone and been all in your face about it, but there you have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
<Snip>
And again, I'm speaking as plainly as I can, but I also know that whoever is meant to hear it now, will, and whoever is not meant to hear it now, won't, and I don't have a thing to do with that, and I have learned to rest in that. One plants, another waters, but G-d gives the increase. Peace
God is NOT the author of confusion so what explains the confusion YOU present in His name????

Old 08-14-2016, 11:31 PM

23,202 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God is NOT the author of confusion so what explains the confusion YOU present in His name????

Just like anyone else's confusion, Everything I have every known was confusion to the fact of me never being right, there was always learning from level to level, from concept to concept and to try and really understand the bible is a hard thing to do. God is not a God of confusion but he does have his own language and all who seek to understand the bible struggle through understanding hard poetry and we are here to practice.

If I ever got it right, I would stop practicing and write a book, sadly, I doubt I will ever get it right.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:06 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,053,304 times
Quote:

Confusion comes from idolatry, as He confused the tongues of men for trying to ascend into the spiritual realms independent of His Spirit at the tower of Babel. Did it ever occur to you that YOU might still be laboring under that confusion, because He gives us a new tongue and the hearing ear (because Yeshua came to reverse all the curses) when we totally seek HIM with our whole heart? And so it is, that some can hear me. Peace

Old 08-15-2016, 12:55 AM

63,890 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Quote:
Confusion comes from idolatry, as He confused the tongues of men for trying to ascend into the spiritual realms independent of His Spirit at the tower of Babel. Did it ever occur to you that YOU might still be laboring under that confusion, because He gives us a new tongue and the hearing ear (because Yeshua came to reverse all the curses) when we totally seek HIM with our whole heart? And so it is, that some can hear me. Peace
Hopeless. I ignored my own rule to not engage fundies who employ obedience and unreasoning credulity born of fear of God in the OT ignorance. Pets respond to rewards and punishments in the training process. To behave as Jesus taught because you fear eternal damnation or seek some unknowable pleasure of eternal life is not very different from your dog behaving as you have trained it because it fears your punishment or seeks the rewards you give it. This is not our purpose. A well-trained dog, performing all the appropriate tricks, motivated by complete self-interest, can never become like its master. It can learn many fascinating tricks this way, but it can never become its own trainer, which is our goal in life. We were not created as pets of God, but in His "likeness," i.e., having God's characteristics.

Children mature and learn to become like their parents. In the beginning, they respond to the rewards and punishments in their environment. That is what fear of God is the beginning of wisdom means. However, as they mature, they begin to develop self-motivating, self-directing, and self-rewarding mechanisms that begin to direct more and more of their life choices. If they only responded to rewards and punishments from outside themselves, they would be more like pets than human beings. They need to learn how to develop their own internal self-control of their drives or they are lost. But what is even more critical is that, in order to produce a strong eternal soul, they need to develop agape love as the reason for self-control, NOT obedience to laws.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:10 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,815,278 times
Quote:
Hopeless. I ignored my own rule to not engage fundies who employ obedience and unreasoning credulity born of fear of God in the OT ignorance. Pets respond to rewards and punishments in the training process. To behave as Jesus taught because you fear eternal damnation or seek some unknowable pleasure of eternal life is not very different from your dog behaving as you have trained it because it fears your punishment or seeks the rewards you give it. This is not our purpose. A well-trained dog, performing all the appropriate tricks, motivated by complete self-interest, can never become like its master. It can learn many fascinating tricks this way, but it can never become its own trainer, which is our goal in life. We were not created as pets of God, but in His "likeness," i.e., having God's characteristics.

Children mature and learn to become like their parents. In the beginning, they respond to the rewards and punishments in their environment. That is what fear of God is the beginning of wisdom means. However, as they mature, they begin to develop self-motivating, self-directing, and self-rewarding mechanisms that begin to direct more and more of their life choices. If they only responded to rewards and punishments from outside themselves, they would be more like pets than human beings. They need to learn how to develop their own internal self-control of their drives or they are lost. But what is even more critical is that, in order to produce a strong eternal soul, they need to develop agape love as the reason for self-control, NOT obedience to laws.
And this is your offering at a time when a man should keep his head down.

I remember when my stomach rumbeled and turned in a form of sleep. And took me some time to realize that hunger was actually a thirst.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:51 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:
Confusion is based on self-righteousness.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:32 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,815,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Confusion is based on self-righteousness.
Water, blood, and spirit.

Nod.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And this is your offering at a time when a man should keep his head down.
Yep, his contribution to this forum is to suggest Christians are dumber than dogs. Its is a very agape thing to say

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-15-2016 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-15-2016, 06:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep, his contribution to this forum is to say Christians are dumber than dogs. Its is a very agape thing to say
Professional therapy will help with that negative self-image and go a long way towards improving your self-confidence as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity