Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2016, 03:13 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
In post #776 you said and I quote, "We find Jesus in the Father." That implies that you know the Father first and He is showing you Jesus. Now, that having been pointed out as backwards, you've suddenly changed your stand. The last sentence is ridiculous. Peace
Of cause we find Jesus in the Father because that is where he abode. Do you not see that he is the Light of the Father. Do you deny what Jesus said to Philip, that in response to him asking him to show the Father, "if you have seen me you have seen the Father"?. In other words if you want to know what God is, just take a ganders at me. Which is an offense to bible fundamentalists because you identify God with the description of those who saw him from afar off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 03:17 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,417,830 times
Quote:
What do you think is the record of the heavens? And how would you know they all declare His glory if you hadn't read it? Peace
HUH? circular reasoning.

The heavens declared His glory long BEFORE there was a bible.

According to your circular reasoning the heaven did not declare His glory until after the bible was written.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:36 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,071,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
YOU are the one who ignores everything Jesus represented, lived, taught, died and demonstrated and accuse us of not seeing Him????!!! What hubris! YOU do NOT know the Father because you do NOT know Jesus.

No, I ignore everything you present about the Son whom you do not know personally. Peace

Old 09-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause we find Jesus in the Father because that is where he abode. Do you not see that he is the Light of the Father. Do you deny what Jesus said to Philip, that in response to him asking him to show the Father, "if you have seen me you have seen the Father"?. In other words if you want to know what God is, just take a ganders at me. Which is an offense to bible fundamentalists because you identify God with the description of those who saw him from afar off.

And what exactly did they see? Peace

Old 09-09-2016, 03:38 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times
Quote:
And what exactly did they see? Peace
I will give you a clue it begins with F. He(Jesus Christ) not the bible is the exact representation of ALL that God IS. If you cannot see and understand this, the gross darkness that you are in, is worse than i suspected.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
HUH? circular reasoning.

The heavens declared His glory long BEFORE there was a bible.

According to your circular reasoning the heaven did not declare His glory until after the bible was written.

No, I said you wouldn't KNOW IT, if it was not for the Word telling you. Big difference. Peace

Old 09-09-2016, 03:41 PM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
How many times do you have to be told that it has nothing to do with what "looks bad" to us. We use the descriptions of the Holy Spirit of agape that Jesus described in detail!! Anything that is NOT compatible or consistent with the characteristics of the Holy Spirit of agape love can NOT BE from God or Jesus, period. That is what is discarded. It has nothing to do with what looks bad to us.
They do NOT know the Spirit, ignore the detailed descriptions of Jesus, and ignore His unambiguous demonstration of them in favor of their blood sacrifice to appease a wrathful and vengeful God. It is a sad, sad travesty of ancient ignorance retained in the 21st century.
YOU are the one who ignores everything Jesus represented, lived, taught, died and demonstrated and accuse us of not seeing Him????!!! What hubris! YOU do NOT know the Father because you do NOT know Jesus.
Amen and Amen, pcamps.!!!
Quote:
No, I ignore everything you present about the Son whom you do not know personally. Peace
Odd that the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation matched perfectly the descriptions in your Bible of the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). He erased my atheism instantly yet you insist I did NOT meet Him or know Him. I can only wonder who or what is the source of whatever Spirit YOU encountered that is so opposite!

Old 09-09-2016, 03:43 PM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
No, I said you wouldn't KNOW IT, if it was not for the Word telling you. Big difference. Peace
It is more than possible to know it without the Bible. Knowledge is NOT dependent upon what is in your Bible, Rbbi.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I will give you a clue it begins with F. He(Jesus Christ) not the bible is the exact representation of ALL that God IS. If you cannot see and understand this, the gross darkness that you are in, is worse than i suspected.

So then, the flesh and blood man that was standing there, that was the Father to you, then? Peace

Old 09-09-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Odd that the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation matched perfectly the descriptions in your Bible of the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). He erased my atheism instantly yet you insist I did NOT meet Him or know Him. I can only wonder who or what is the source of whatever Spirit YOU encountered that is so opposite!

By your own words, you said you've not been born from above, that it has to happen when you physically die, yes? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity