Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2016, 12:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You can't describe the characteristics of the spirit, so please don't try and tell me something you can't describe taught you anything. You are taught by books, simple as that.

Hilarious, that you think because I refuse to bow the knee to a controlling spirit(s) insisting I parrot scriptures not given me by the Spirit to reply (so as to make my table/heart as full of vomit as yours from constantly regurgitating that which has NOT been made life in you), qualifies as not having the Spirit, to you. Repent and receive Him AND His fullness while you still can.

You give me far too much credit, I am not capable of producing what I have shared. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 12:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Hilarious, that you think because I refuse to bow the knee to a controlling spirit(s) insisting I parrot scriptures not given me by the Spirit to reply (so as to make my table/heart as full of vomit as yours from constantly regurgitating that which has NOT been made life in you), qualifies as not having the Spirit, to you. Repent and receive Him AND His fullness while you still can.

You give me far too much credit, I am not capable of producing what I have shared. Peace
Ha ha, I'm not asking you to parrot scriptures, it's repulsive to do so and worse than that, parrot what you have learnt from books about the scriptures. You will die in your sin, repent from believing having superior knowledge is of any form of worth.

Like I said, you are wasting your time replying to me because I will never give you any credence until you share what the characteristics of God are.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:29 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When people call the authors of the Bible ignorant, barbaric, savage, superstitious etc they might as well say what they really think, that the Bible is complete garbage, and more than irrelevant. Their anger against God, the word of God, and His followers is plain to see.
No, Finn, that is what YOU would say. Stop putting YOUR words in the mouths of others. We use the Bible to validate everything we believe using the "mind of Christ" as all CHRISTians should, NOT the ancient ignorance of the OT. The only anger evident is among you and your cohort, Finn. You actually think our God is an angry, wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. What is historically true of our ancestors (in the bold) who wrote the barbaric things you believe about God in the OT is just truth, not idle criticism. Study to show yourself approved.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

We are all capable of that kind of cow dung

Old 09-10-2016, 12:33 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
And once again, no man taught me, the Spirit of G-d taught me, but thank you for telling me I am "too well learnt". When the Lord does it, He does it right. Peace
I am more and more convinced that SOME spirit taught you, but I am certain it was NOT the Holy Spirit of God who IS agape love. That would worry me if I were you.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Then, why share it?

Old 09-10-2016, 06:35 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Instead of looking at what he wrote on this subject, I looked at more of his theology on other subjects. He is a liberal theologian who rejects the deity of Jesus. If I looked farther, I am sure I would find that he rejects the Bible as being the inspired word of God.

However what he says and what I or conservative theologian say is irrelevant.. The only criteria for any doctrine is, is the doctrine stated in the Bible..

Basically the "penal substitutionary atonement, states that Jesus death paid the penalty for man's sins and atoned for them.

The Bible clearly states in more than one place, 3 o which I have already mentioned, tht His death did pay he penalty for us.

Also, the whole levitical sacrificial system teaches that man does not have to pay for his sins, a substitute in the form of an animal could be substituted in his place, and most of them made atonement for the sinner..

I really don't see how anyone can reject that doctrine. IMO, they reject if from a personal theology,not supported by the Bible.

Read the verses I posted. If they don't validate the doctrine, then reject it. It will not cause anyone to lose their salvation. If Jesus did not pay for my sins, then it is up to me and I don't have the means. Remember, the lamb had to be without spot or blemish. I can't qualify.
You did not even read it and you judge it wrong based on what YOU think he says in other subjects (without reading them of course also). That has got to be the most childish form of a christian I have seen yet. One who will not even read something that is not according to their own belief. Truly a childish behavior.

You got 3 scripture you THINK speak of penal substitution (provide them) the link I gave you which you were to lazy to read has a lot more then 3 and probably explains the 3 you THINK support your belief.

Stay in the dark omega, I tried to help but you would have none of it. So be it.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Finn, that is what YOU would say. Stop putting YOUR words in the mouths of others. We use the Bible to validate everything we believe using the "mind of Christ" as all CHRISTians should, NOT the ancient ignorance of the OT. The only anger evident is among you and your cohort, Finn. You actually think our God is an angry, wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. What is historically true of our ancestors (in the bold) who wrote the barbaric things you believe about God in the OT is just truth, not idle criticism. Study to show yourself approved.

Thus pitting Jesus against God. truly idiotic

Old 09-10-2016, 07:10 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Thus pitting Jesus against God. truly idiotic
Nonsense. Scripture gives no such indcation.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nonsense. Scripture gives no such indcation.
your right it doesn't, but penal substitution does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity