Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 05:06 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I understand.

And rejected it by the time I was 12.
It is amusing how you secular fundies avoid answering questions. One might think you can't prove what you say.

Everything I have read of yours proves you do not understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The reason you do NOT test the Spirit of anything in the Bible is because you BLINDLY accept everything in it.
You are making an assumption without adequate knowledge. You ASSUME if I you disagree I have not tested the spirit. Actually you can't post a verse that test us to test the spirit. I don't need to test the Spirit, He will never lead me astray.

[QUOTE What are the characteristics of the Spirit that you use to decide if something is compatible or consistent with the Spirit????? [/quote]

Only one---He will guide you into all the truth.

Quote:
You don't even know what they are or you wouldn't ask me to tell you how we determine what is and is not God's word.
I ask you because I don' think you can show me from the Bible that we should test the Spirit.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I don' think you can show me from the Bible that we should test the Spirit.
Test ALL Things, and hold fast to that which is good.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:42 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
This is how I know that you do NOT know the Spirit. You can't even describe the characteristics of the Spirit or where to find them in the Bible. That is how I know you test the Spirit of nothing. You can't if you do not know what characteristics are of the Spirit and what are not. Read 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount for starter details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They argue the Bible is foolishness, and they speak from personal experience, but the Bible clarifies it is NOT foolishness to believers. This explains why they say what they say. It is foolishness to them.
We do NOT argue the Bible is foolishness, Finn. WHY do you insist on lying about us?????
Quote:
"the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God"
You aren't BEING saved, Finn, you ARE saved. It is finished. Jesus did it.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
We do NOT argue the Bible is foolishness, Finn. WHY do you insist on lying about us?????

No, just 90% of it. Why do you insist on lying about YOURSELF?

Wrong again. We were saved (outer court/spirit), we are being saved (inner court/soul) and we shall be saved (Holy of Holies/body).

When He said, "It is finished" it was the same words the High Priest spoke on one day a year. It did NOT mean that you never have to do a thing but sit on your particular brand of donkey (carnal ass nature) and call it a day, just because you decided to believe He was who He said He was. The devils also believe and tremble. Don't you want more than a devil? Peace

Old 08-31-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
The reason you do NOT test the Spirit of anything in the Bible is because you BLINDLY accept everything in it. What are the characteristics of the Spirit that you use to decide if something is compatible or consistent with the Spirit????? You don't even know what they are or you wouldn't ask me to tell you how we determine what is and is not God's word.
Quote:
You are making an assumption without adequate knowledge. You ASSUME if I you disagree I have not tested the spirit. Actually you can't post a verse that test us to test the spirit. I don't need to test the Spirit, He will never lead me astray.
We don't need to test the Holy Spirit, we need to test the Spirit of everything else to determine if it is From God or not. That is why we need to know the characteristics of the Holy Spirit so we can compare the characteristics of every verse to determine which are from God or Jesus and not from men. You are accepting false doctrine if you do not test the Spirit of everything.
Quote:
Quote:
What are the characteristics of the Holy Spirit that you use to decide if something is compatible or consistent with the Spirit?????
Only one---He will guide you into all the truth.
::Sigh:: So you have no clue and it is just magic. You believe that if you claim to believe the "right" things and perform the "right" rituals you will magically be able to blindly accept everything in the Bible without testing it.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, just 90% of it. Why do you insist on lying about YOURSELF?
The 90% is YOUR bogus number. We accept everything that is compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape that Jesus revealed and demonstrated as the true nature of God. You do not. You retain the veil of ignorance over reading the OT and do NOT know our loving God as revealed by Christ.
Quote:
Wrong again. We were saved (outer court/spirit), we are being saved (inner court/soul) and we shall be saved (Holy of Holies/body).
Court schmourt! We are saved. We are being sanctified and we shall be justified before God by Jesus and His perfect agape love for us all.
Quote:
When He said, "It is finished" it was the same words the High Priest spoke on one day a year. It did NOT mean that you never have to do a thing but sit on your particular brand of donkey (carnal ass nature) and call it a day, just because you decided to believe He was who He said He was. The devils also believe and tremble. Don't you want more than a devil? Peace
Lying again. You know that I am not an easy believer. We MUST love God and each other every single day of our lives and repent when we don't. We just need to have faith that Jesus did what He said He did. In other words, we just need to believe Him, NOT believe IN Him or a bunch of stuff ABOUT Him.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
It is amusing how you secular fundies avoid answering questions. One might think you can't prove what you say.

Everything I have read of yours proves you do not understand
Only because you're incapable of understanding what I wrote.

Here's one right up your alley:

I know y'are but what am I?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Of course. Everything you know about Christ, you learned from the Bible.
Not true at all. I get a lot of inspiration and see and hear God through what i see in others, the ocean, the mountains, the hills, the streams, animals, the sun, blue sky, the grey sky, the planets and the stars, and endless other things.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Test ALL Things, and hold fast to that which is good.
Go back and read it again. That verse is about quenching the Spirit. If you don't understand the difference, just ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity