Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 01:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I can only remember 1 and that is the Holy Spirit reveal truth to you that is not in the Bible. If you want to believe that, that's fine, but you have no way of knowing it is true.

Evidently you don't believe Jesus died for man's sins, in spite that he Bible clearly says He did. So you see the early theologians, and they should not be called father, especially with a capital "F" and Bible should be capitalized if you respect it as God's word, did not lie, they explain what the Bible taught.

One thing you need have the Holy Spirit teach you is that if Jesus did not pay for your sins, then you will have to and you don't have the redemption price.
Let's deal with your last sentence first, can you quote your bible where it says we PAY not die for our sins?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 01:59 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Purity
How did purity cause Jesus to die and how is purity different from love?

Old 09-11-2016, 02:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Then, why share it?
Quote:
Why not. He (she) is sharing from God's word.
Is that not important.

Do you not try to do the exact same thing?
So, you believe that threatening people is of great significance or value.
Or, that it is likely to have a profound effect on the well-being of others?

Old 09-11-2016, 02:01 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I can never believe that you have ever known anything of the spirit with you not knowing the characteristics of the spirit. You are misled by the books you believe are divine revelation.
Why don't you enlighten all of us ignorant Christians and tell us what the characteristics of the Spirit are. Be sure to provide how you determined them.

Also, when the word refers to the Holy Spirit, Spirit needs to be capitalized if you respect it.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Why don't you enlighten all of us ignorant Christians and tell us what the characteristics of the Spirit are. Be sure to provide how you determined them.

Also, when the word refers to the Holy Spirit, Spirit needs to be capitalized if you respect it.
I already have when you last challenged me too. Give me a short while and I will pull it up,let new know, I don't want to intentionally embarrass you.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Do you not undersand that God looks at the Heart(spirit/gut) of what we say and not the grammar ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-11-2016 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Though I fail miserably in my grammar, I hold the utmost respect to those who using correct grammar make things understandabl

Old 09-12-2016, 06:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
I would also like to know how they describe it without quoting the book they loath.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-12-2016 at 07:33 AM..

Old 09-12-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao.

Jesus walking in that town on a party day like he owned the joint, mocking the people that were having the party, required something to happen.
Why do you think it necessary to embellish the story , when you can't tell the attitude from what is written? The passage does not even mention Jesus walking in the town and He and His disciples were invited. Only one motive, try to show Jesus in a bad light. If you can' show Him a bad light, do it ,but to make something up that you have no idea is true only makes you look foolish and biased. Jesus did not speak to anyone, only to His mother and to His disciples.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Holiness is born out of love. Sadly religion has turned it into some kind of outward pious thing.

Just the opposite, love is born out of holiness.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What was it about holiness that required Jesus to die, and how is whatever that is differ from love?
Pure love, agape love, can only come from pure holiness. Since God truly loves us, He would have o provide a way for us to be with Him. Man cannot offer himself without spot of blemish. We must have a substitute without spot of blemish, and if any thinks crucifixion is not penal, they need to pray to God to explain why it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity