Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 07:38 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Love isn't pure?
God's love is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do NOT believe the New Covenant. Your carnal mind is stuck in the physical world and you do not realize that the so-called resurrection is simply a rebirth from the physical body to a Spiritual body. It was necessary for Jesus to die and be "born again" as Spirit in order to return to us as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Jesus died BECAUSE OF man's sins.
That is not what the Bible says. He had to dies because of our sins, but He did for us---He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities---Isa 53:5

Quote:
He did what we could NOT.
Right

[quote]He was our designated hitter, NOT our scapegoat.
Quote:

Wrong. Not only was He our scape goat, He was also the high priest who entered the Holy pace with the blood. that pictures Jesus offering Himself to God for the sins of the people.

Quote:
Unfortunately, our ignorant ancestors did not believe the New Covenant either. They retained the ancient ignorance of the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone as a sign of faith in God
-

They were not ignorant and hey did believe in the New CovenAnt. You need to get a new source.

the OT wrath and vengeance God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice. The religious leaders ever since have refused to look into their hearts in agape love and let the Comforter reveal what Christ could NOT "say unto them" at that time. The Comforter glorifies Christ and His perfect agape love - the TRUE NATURE of God - NOT the barbaric OT beliefs about God.
God's sacrificial system, gave he sinner a why to pay for his sin and once again how fellowship with God. Our confessing sins, does the same thing.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Let's deal with your last sentence first, can you quote your bible where it says we PAY not die for our sins?.
Of course---He(God) made Him(Jesus) who knew no sin,to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him---2 Cor 5:21
Heb 10:14 - For by one offering He(Jesus) has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. If you want to know how were sanctified, read Heb 10:10. There are many more but if you don't believe those two, you won't believe the others.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you believe that threatening people is of great significance or value.

How is quoting the Bible threatening?

Quote:
Or, that it is likely to have a profound effect on the well-being of others?
Let's it hope what he quotes will have a profound effect on the well-being of others. It did on me for my good.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I already have when you last challenged me too. Give me a short while and I will pull it up,let new know, I don't want to intentionally embarrass you.
Thanks. If you did to me, I have missed it somewhere.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:23 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Of course---He(God) made Him(Jesus) who knew no sin,to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him

So when in the timeline of "in the beginning" to the crucifixion did your god dream up jesus ?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Pure love, agape love, can only come from pure holiness. Since God truly loves us, He would have o provide a way for us to be with Him. Man cannot offer himself without spot of blemish. We must have a substitute without spot of blemish, and if any thinks crucifixion is not penal, they need to pray to God to explain why it is not.
That assertion does not make a lick of sense to anyone not immersed in the bafflegab of fundamentalism. God seems to be able to love us while we are yet sinners and is able to work with us to help us realize that the concern for everyone in any situation is what we NEED in our lives to make it valuable to us as well as others.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:54 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That assertion does not make a lick of sense to anyone not immersed in the bafflegab of fundamentalism. God seems to be able to love us while we are yet sinners and is able to work with us to help us realize that the concern for everyone in any situation is what we NEED in our lives to make it valuable to us as well as others.
Only through Jesus.

John 14

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

Old 09-12-2016, 01:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Of course---He(God) made Him(Jesus) who knew no sin,to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him---2 Cor 5:21
Heb 10:14 - For by one offering He(Jesus) has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. If you want to know how were sanctified, read Heb 10:10. There are many more but if you don't believe those two, you won't believe the others.
But that does not answer what i asked ?. While we are at it,can you provide a verse where it says love is born out of holiness. i can provide plenty that states the opposite..... i have never read without holiness we are nothing, but i have read in your bible without love we are nothing, so which of the 2 are greater ?.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:14 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would also like to know how they describe it without quoting the book they loath.
STOP LYING, Finn. We do NOT loathe the Bible. Your constant lying about it is NOT Christian and, frankly, disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity